FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

App and privacy issues

294 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By thecrater, Senior Member on 19th September 2019, 12:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,
I've got a newspaper app installed and I did the following in terms of permissions:
- Application data usage - Disabled "Allow background data usage"
- Battery - Disabled "Allow background activity"
- Battery - Enabled "Optimise battery usage"

The still sends me news notifications. Not a lot but enough to concern me that despite my restricting its background activities, the app is still able to check for news and send me notifications. I know I can disable the app notifications but that just means that I won't see them. It doesn't mean that the app will not be able to run in the background and continue to access the internet despite my explicit restrictions.

Am I misunderstanding something here? Please advise.

Today, 02:43 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrater

Hello all,
I've got a newspaper app installed and I did the following in terms of permissions:
- Application data usage - Disabled "Allow background data usage"
- Battery - Disabled "Allow background activity"
- Battery - Enabled "Optimise battery usage"

The still sends me news notifications. Not a lot but enough to concern me that despite my restricting its background activities, the app is still able to check for news and send me notifications. I know I can disable the app notifications but that just means that I won't see them. It doesn't mean that the app will not be able to run in the background and continue to access the internet despite my explicit restrictions.

Am I misunderstanding something here? Please advise.

When did the app send you notifications? Just when you open it, or after you had cleared it from memory?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
privacy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)