FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Many apps crashing on startup

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By vimperator21, Junior Member on 11th July 2019, 07:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I have just installed LineageOS 15.1 + GApps Nano on my Huawei P8 Lite 2017 and I have the following problem: Many apps (e.g. Google Calendar) crash on startup.

Here is a logcat of a Google Calendar crash: http s://pastebin.com/raw/0R215mKK (You have to fix the link, it didn't allow me to post a real link)

Is there something wrong with my /data partition?

When I look into /data/user/0 using TWRP, I only see weird folders with names like "0pOkmd35rGfU....", but nothing like com.google.android.calendar.

Is that common for that folder?

Most apps crash on startup like Google Calendar or Google Chrome, but all preinstalled software works fine and additionaly all software works that I installed before the first reboot, e.g. Whatsapp or Telegram.

Almost all apps that I install now, crash immediately on startup except for a few (e.g. KDE Connect).

Any ideas, what could be wrong with my device?

13th July 2019, 02:26 AM |#2  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,325

Donate to Me
More
Sounds like bad G-Apps or a bad ROM flash

Did you perform a full wipe? Do so if not.

Try different G-Apps.
14th July 2019, 03:59 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by vimperator21

Hi, I have just installed LineageOS 15.1 + GApps Nano on my Huawei P8 Lite 2017 and I have the following problem: Many apps (e.g. Google Calendar) crash on startup.

Here is a logcat of a Google Calendar crash: http s://pastebin.com/raw/0R215mKK (You have to fix the link, it didn't allow me to post a real link)

Is there something wrong with my /data partition?

When I look into /data/user/0 using TWRP, I only see weird folders with names like "0pOkmd35rGfU....", but nothing like com.google.android.calendar.

Is that common for that folder?

Most apps crash on startup like Google Calendar or Google Chrome, but all preinstalled software works fine and additionaly all software works that I installed before the first reboot, e.g. Whatsapp or Telegram.

Almost all apps that I install now, crash immediately on startup except for a few (e.g. KDE Connect).

Any ideas, what could be wrong with my device?

Try a smaller Gapps package. Or try using the advanced wipes in TWRP to wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache, then flash your ROM and Gapps.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)