FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ATT S7 EDGE G935A sw rev check FAIL need help

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Whitefleet91, Junior Member on 11th July 2019, 10:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey im looking for some help im trying to flash the AP .tar file and the phone keeps saying sw rev check fail and odin fails is there a way to fix this issue so i can flash and root the device i've looked online to get help no luck so far thanks in advanced.

14th July 2019, 03:44 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitefleet91

Hey im looking for some help im trying to flash the AP .tar file and the phone keeps saying sw rev check fail and odin fails is there a way to fix this issue so i can flash and root the device i've looked online to get help no luck so far thanks in advanced.

Are you trying to downgrade to an older firmware? If so, your bootloader is probably blocking the downgrade, most Samsung devices can't be downgraded.

If you are trying to flash TWRP, your bootloader is probably locked.

There is no solution to either of these.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 07:45 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Are you trying to downgrade to an older firmware? If so, your bootloader is probably blocking the downgrade, most Samsung devices can't be downgraded.

If you are trying to flash TWRP, your bootloader is probably locked.

There is no solution to either of these.

Thanks now its in a boot loop in recovery mode and keeps saying installing update and then just reboots
Yesterday, 10:09 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitefleet91

Thanks now its in a boot loop in recovery mode and keeps saying installing update and then just reboots

Have you tried using the stock recovery options to factory reset and wipe cache partition.

Yesterday, 10:13 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Have you tried using the stock recovery options to factory reset and wipe cache partition.

Yes I have I got the stock verison of Oreo off of here flashed it and it still does it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)