Will a backup work?

Search This thread
Mar 8, 2015
I have two HTC inspire's and I was wondering that if I backup the phone onto an SD card through the clockworkmod recovery backup & restore option, will I be able to use that SD to use that backup to put it on my other inspire?

Mar 8, 2015
I am not sure, that and I am a total scrub at this. Its my first time doing this.

Heres what happened. I first looked into rooting my phone due to some non-market apps not installing or saying "application not installed" when I tried too. I found kingo root and used that to root my phone AFTER I unlocked my bootloader. Then I decided to try a custom rom not too long after that. So I wiped my cache, system, dalvik cache, data, and factory reset my phone through the clockworkmod recovery area. So then I tried installing a different inspire rom although I cant remember what it was cause I deleted it entirely and dont remember which one I was trying. So now I am stuck with a broken phone and am trying to use my other working inspire to restore my broken one.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Heres what happened. I first looked into rooting my phone due to some non-market apps not installing or saying "application not installed" when I tried too. I found kingo root and used that to root my phone AFTER I unlocked my bootloader. Then I decided to try a custom rom not too long after that. So I wiped my cache, system, dalvik cache, data, and factory reset my phone through the clockworkmod recovery area. So then I tried installing a different inspire rom although I cant remember what it was cause I deleted it entirely and dont remember which one I was trying. So now I am stuck with a broken phone and am trying to use my other working inspire to restore my broken one.

Its much easier. For HTC phones exist so called RUUs (rom upgrade utility). You need the right RUU for your phone model and CID (Carrier ID). First you need to be clear about which RUU you need.

1. Connect your phone in fastboot mode

2. Open commandline and type:

fastboot getvar all

Post all values but the "IMEI" here and i will get the right RUU for you.

Mar 8, 2015
Its much easier. For HTC phones exist so called RUUs (rom upgrade utility). You need the right RUU for your phone model and CID (Carrier ID). First you need to be clear about which RUU you need.

1. Connect your phone in fastboot mode

2. Open commandline and type:

fastboot getvar all

Post all values but the "IMEI" here and i will get the right RUU for you.

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 2.00.0030
version-baseband: 26.09.13.17_M
version-cpld: None
version-microp: 0438
version-main: 3.20.502.63
serialno: HT12ET209325
product: ace
platform: HBOOT-7230
modelid: PD9812000
cidnum: CWS__001
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4084mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: 62d2f26e
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0
region-id: 0

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 2.00.0030
version-baseband: 26.09.13.17_M
version-cpld: None
version-microp: 0438
version-main: 3.20.502.63
serialno: HT12ET209325
product: ace
platform: HBOOT-7230
modelid: PD9812000
cidnum: CWS__001
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4084mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: 62d2f26e
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0
region-id: 0

No full RUU available for your firmware version. I found the firmware from matching OTA. Flash the firmware.zip (Just extract it from the OTA ) as followed:

- connect your device in fastboot open

-relock the bootloader ( fastboot oem lock)

- then open commandline and type:

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (If you get an error, just immediately repeat the command)

fastboot reboot-bootlader

-once done you can unlock the bootlader again

-flash latest TWRP

-flash a rom of you choice from HERE can be stock or custom as you like :)

Mar 8, 2015
No full RUU available for your firmware version. I found the firmware from matching OTA. Flash the firmware.zip (Just extract it from the OTA ) as followed:

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (If you get an error, just immediately repeat the command)

-flash latest TWRP

Is there a specific one of these, http://downloads.codefi.re/jrior001/Ace that I need to download?

Mar 8, 2015

fastboot oem rebootRUU

-flash latest TWRP

I just tried those steps 1 by 1 and its sitting at the HTC screen. Any ideas?