FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bixby Routines

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Shadotty, Junior Member on 19th November 2019, 04:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good Morning to everyone

First of all I'm new to this forum, so I apologize in advance if i'm posting in the wrong section. Secondly I apologize for my English which isn't the best.

If I write BR I'm referring to Bixby Routines

Well, I'm opening this thread because I have a problem related to Bixby Routines. Let me Explain.
I own 4 devices: a Galaxy S8 (which is branded), a Galaxy S9, a Galaxy Note8 and a Galaxy S10 (all exynos variants).
Now, don't ask me why, but I tried to extract the BR APK from the S10 and then tried to install it on my Galaxy S8. Surprisingly it worked, It's installed and perfectly functional. (If anyone were wondering the BR version is 2.3.26.1).
At this point I tried to install it both on the Note8 and on the S9. Everything ok with the Note8 but on the S9 I'm getting some problems

Basically on the S9 BR is unusable, it crashes whenever I try to add a routine (which is added anyway), whenever I try to disable or enable a routine or whenever I try to enable or disable BR itself.
Why is this happening? All of these devices have the exact same OS therefore I'm not able to understand why it does not work on the S9. Can someone help me?

P.s. none of these devices is rooted, they are all running Android Pie with One UI 1.0.
I also want to say that the option for adaptive power saving appeared on both the Note8 and the S8, and it is fully functional
20th November 2019, 09:12 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadotty

Good Morning to everyone

First of all I'm new to this forum, so I apologize in advance if i'm posting in the wrong section. Secondly I apologize for my English which isn't the best.

If I write BR I'm referring to Bixby Routines

Well, I'm opening this thread because I have a problem related to Bixby Routines. Let me Explain.

I own 4 devices: a Galaxy S8 (which is branded), a Galaxy S9, a Galaxy Note8 and a Galaxy S10 (all exynos variants).

Now, don't ask me why, but I tried to extract the BR APK from the S10 and then tried to install it on my Galaxy S8. Surprisingly it worked, It's installed and perfectly functional. (If anyone were wondering the BR version is 2.3.26.1).

At this point I tried to install it both on the Note8 and on the S9. Everything ok with the Note8 but on the S9 I'm getting some problems

Basically on the S9 BR is unusable, it crashes whenever I try to add a routine (which is added anyway), whenever I try to disable or enable a routine or whenever I try to enable or disable BR itself.

Why is this happening? All of these devices have the exact same OS therefore I'm not able to understand why it does not work on the S9. Can someone help me?

P.s. none of these devices is rooted, they are all running Android Pie with One UI 1.0.

I also want to say that the option for adaptive power saving appeared on both the Note8 and the S8, and it is fully functional

Boot to recovery and wipe the cache partition, there may be user data in cache that is causing conflict.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
20th November 2019, 01:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Boot to recovery and wipe the cache partition, there may be user data in cache that is causing conflict.

I have just tried but the problem persists
28th November 2019, 04:55 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Someone able to help me?
27th December 2019, 01:02 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Up
14th January 2020, 01:13 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Up
15th January 2020, 01:18 AM |#7  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,730

More
How did you install the apk?

I would look to the device to tell you what's wrong by getting a logcat covering the attempt to use the app and the crash. May be a missing library or something like that.
22nd January 2020, 07:36 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

How did you install the apk?

I would look to the device to tell you what's wrong by getting a logcat covering the attempt to use the app and the crash. May be a missing library or something like that.

As I said, I extracted the APK from the Galaxy S10
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)