FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android OS 9.0, Linux, Windows Triple Boot Solved

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ErrorCodeVortex, Junior Member on 18th May 2019, 07:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Figured it out. It was a process. Will leave out my errordoing. Only weird thing is that I have to press enter twice on Bliss OS in grub2.

Not liable for you goofing anything

Need USB prolly another computer with Rufus or etcher would be easier.

Boot to bios/uefi turn off secure boot, put an ! In front of "other hdd" at bottom of boot order to make it active(not sure if necessary), change boot order or when you use USB boot directly to boot options. I changed from legacy/uefi mode to uefi only with no csm.
Windows 10 first then with disk management create unallocated space for Linux Mint. With usb installer click something else I then created partitions for root, swap, and rest of free space as home. Look up regular dualboot tutorial for exacts for your distro or use an auto install feature and hope it works.
Create ntfs or ext4 partition whichever easier will format again in sec, load bliss os installer click installation format to ext4. I said No to installing grub 2 over old grub due to issues with grub. Install it as read write sucessfully, then boot to linux.
Go to xda bliss os pie post instructions for custom install the part where it listed the menuentry for AndroidOS for ext4 no bugs copy it. Just need to change out a couple things. Make new entry for bliss with grub customizer name it same as menuentry in code. The four places where it says AndroidOS exchange for name of your new android build/folder where your initrd/ kernel is stored. My folder/build name was bliss-x86-11.7. found inside storage device android-x86 in nemo file manager but double check for your build. Only other change is "system.sfs" needs to be changed to "system.img".

It took me a little more work then usual to get these setup together 99% properly. But I think I'll stick with these three for awhile. Let me know if you fix the having to choose bliss twice in grub.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)