FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Chinese iRoot.APK & SuperUser.APK

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

Post Reply Email Thread
Just ROOTed an MTK6582 device with Chinese iRoot PC application (not vRoot but the successor of vRoot) and everything went well. I now find two (Chinese) apps "iRoot.APK" & "SuperUser.APK" in "/root/system/app" path with same icon (white horse head in Blue shield). My current knowledge tends me to think a single super user manager app is suppose to manage the app SU permission requests. So now I am confused about the purpose of these two apps and am not sure if both of them are needed for real. In my launcher app drawer I can see the Chinese super user app icon (single app icon) and tapping that icon brings up the Chinese super user manager app, but am not sure which app this icon is launching!

So, my question is, are both the apps necessary for keeping the ROOT state and managing the app SU requests. If not, which one is safe to remove (delete)?

Thanks is advance.
25th December 2014, 04:43 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKJoy2001

Just ROOTed an MTK6582 device with Chinese iRoot PC application (not vRoot but the successor of vRoot) and everything went well. I now find two (Chinese) apps "iRoot.APK" & "SuperUser.APK" in "/root/system/app" path with same icon (white horse head in Blue shield). My current knowledge tends me to think a single super user manager app is suppose to manage the app SU permission requests. So now I am confused about the purpose of these two apps and am not sure if both of them are needed for real. In my launcher app drawer I can see the Chinese super user app icon (single app icon) and tapping that icon brings up the Chinese super user manager app, but am not sure which app this icon is launching!

So, my question is, are both the apps necessary for keeping the ROOT state and managing the app SU requests. If not, which one is safe to remove (delete)?

Thanks is advance.

iroot (formerly vroot) installs two apps, a superuser app and a app that no one really knows what it does.
you can safely delete the apk called iroot.apk, you ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT delete the superuser.apk.
in any case, i highly advise getting rid of vroot and going to supersu completely with this handy tutorial:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532818
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kobro Ad-Free
25th December 2014, 05:14 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Actually, the file name is "iRootSU.apk", and what I discovered is, deleting this app makes the "SuperUser.apk" (Chinese) visible in app drawer (before deleting the "iRootSU.apk" none were visible).
25th December 2014, 06:29 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Trying removing Chinese vRoot apps with the advised method was bitter It revoked ROOT privilege and SuperSU was not installed. Mine is KitKat 4.4.2 on MTK6582. The only ROOTing method worked on this device is iRoot.

iRootSU.apk & SuperUser.apk are the same, iRootSU.apk is the successor.

Is there any special reason we should not be using the Chinese iRoot apps?
28th December 2014, 03:23 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKJoy2001

Trying removing Chinese vRoot apps with the advised method was bitter It revoked ROOT privilege and SuperSU was not installed. Mine is KitKat 4.4.2 on MTK6582. The only ROOTing method worked on this device is iRoot.

iRootSU.apk & SuperUser.apk are the same, iRootSU.apk is the successor.

Is there any special reason we should not be using the Chinese iRoot apps?

from my research, no one has been able to find out if there any bad things with iroot, except that during the process they harvest imei numbers.
i personally would not want something on my phone which i cannot understand what i am clicking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kobro Ad-Free
21st January 2015, 04:01 PM |#6  
Flag Nieuwerkerken
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro

from my research, no one has been able to find out if there any bad things with iroot, except that during the process they harvest imei numbers.
i personally would not want something on my phone which i cannot understand what i am clicking.

I've used the iroot app also on my ulefone u7. Kingroot isn't an alternative as the supersu app conflicts with titan backup. With the iroot superuser app TB works.
Is there anyone who could provide a translation of the menu of the chinese superuser app. (app with crowned lion head) Perhaps it is the same menu as supersu as it resembles supersu.
edit :

I replaced the superuserapp with supersu pro. I was able to make it compatible with titanium backup.
1st April 2015, 07:36 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
app with crowned lion head
How can I remove the. chinese superuser app. (app with crowned lion head) from my tablet. I do also factory reset but I can not remove it.
9th August 2015, 08:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I used iroot on my Lenovo B6000 tablet because no other tool would do the job. I'd rather get rid if it now and replace it with supersu, but it seems to protect itself against removal: Even when I remount /system rw, and have root in the adb shell, trying to remove the binaries gives me "operation not permitted". That's kind of nasty. I wonder how it protects itself.
9th August 2015, 11:36 PM |#9  
Flag █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Thanks Meter: 685

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahya69

I used iroot on my Lenovo B6000 tablet because no other tool would do the job. I'd rather get rid if it now and replace it with supersu, but it seems to protect itself against removal: Even when I remount /system rw, and have root in the adb shell, trying to remove the binaries gives me "operation not permitted". That's kind of nasty. I wonder how it protects itself.

Use Super SuME to uninstall the Chinese crap and will install SuperSU
The Following User Says Thank You to PalmCentro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PalmCentro Ad-Free
10th August 2015, 12:33 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyork!

Use Super SuME to uninstall the Chinese crap and will install SuperSU

Yes, did that. It's well worth the 1 € and does the job just fine. I just wonder /what/ it does that I couldn't accomplish on the command line. I suppose it has to do with killing some services installed by iroot, which prevent removal.
16th September 2015, 09:45 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i rooted my phone by iroot.but it says that not properly rooted when chcked by root checker.sombody help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chinese, iroot, iroot.apk, mtk, superuser.apk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)