CM12 to CM14: 3 GB ext3 partition still free but no more app can be installed

Search This thread

Falk2

Jun 11, 2011
Karlsruhe
Hello.
I guess the following is an almost general CM problem at low ROM space. That's why I post it here...

Is there any reason why I cannot install as many apps as the internal memory allows me with enough space?
It is about Xperia 2011 (still 512 MB ROM internal memory):
CM12: Regular 512MB ROM is 'expanded' by a separate ext3 or ext 4 partition on SD card.
CM13..14: No extra partition is necessary.

The following experience I made with any of the versions CM12 to CM14 (e.g. on Sony Xperia Ray or Neo):
The more apps I installed the longer I had to wait for the completion. The same with deinstallations!
Even after the complete and successful download in GooglePlay it then needs several minutes until the progress bar changes to "app is been installed", independent from the installed app. What can be the reason for that phenomena?

This experience may have made everybody having this constellation cause it appeared here very reliable at any CM version!
However, I thought I could live with that. But after I installed about 15 own apps the launcher (here: Trebouchet) crashed directly after I installed the 16th app. When I uninstalled it the system runs stable again.

I attached to this messages the related CM12 bug report. Can this help you?

Also strange: The Android storage management says the following about the internal memory:
* Complete space: 6,63 GB
* Available: 3,70 GB
* Apps: 1,66 GB
* Cache data: 174 MB
Where is the remaining space of 1,1 GB then?...

So who could give an explanation...
1) why the installation/deinstallation time systematically increases (up to 10 minutes and more) with the increasing number of installed apps?
2) why there is a limited number of apps I am allowed to install? (there is still enough space on my 6 GB ext3 F2FS partition left!)
3) how I can solve both problems but especially avoid the launcher crash?

Thank you so much for your help!

Attachments

• bugreport-2017-12-12-07-56-02.zip
    1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Falk2

Jun 11, 2011
Karlsruhe
Hello to all of you,
I would be happy already if someone of you would report about his/her experiences (with comparable conditions) and inform me if my problem is usual/known or an exception!
MANY thanks for that!

-Hope-

Oct 29, 2016
Hello
i would like you to provide a logcat, as for what i assume is it maybe a internal storage problem, maybe faked or something, a logcat and some screenshots would be helpful.

Falk2

Jun 11, 2011
Karlsruhe
Logcat of Trebouchet crash for analysis

Hello Hope,
in the meantime I totally reinstalled CM 12.1. I even used another sd card (also Class 10).
And this time I even did not install many apps until the strange Trebouchet crash appeared. So the installation was pretty new. Just 5 minutes after installation the system was unstable already!!
Unbelievable how unstable CM12..14 are here.
Note: If you go into the safe mode this problem does not exist!!

Attached you will find the necessary logcat now which contains a Trebouchet crash. I filtered it so that only warnings and occasions with higher priority are contained.
Will you find the problem now?...
I am keen to get your analysis.
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• logcat2.txt
    115.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: