FORUMS

Cubot King Kong custom ROM or Android go?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Celulareschinos, Junior Member on 19th April 2018, 03:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd October 2018, 03:00 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aIecxs

please do a read back for boot.img and recovery.img with SP Flash Tool

I'lll do it as soon as possible. It's my sister's phone and she is currently in another town. It will take some time as we do not see each other often. In the meantime I disabled the malware using adb pm (for user 0, as I don't have root). Thank you for your reply.
22nd October 2018, 06:27 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
OK, I'll take over then.
Here's a dump of boot and recovery images of my own King-kong made with SP Flash Tool : https://mega.nz/#!9iRHxQbC!382Wb6at5...kYkBrwYlOxRZUw
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lannig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lannig Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 07:47 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 260

More
Now copy to phone, install MagiskManager-v6.0.0.apk, patch the boot.img and flash it back

If you still need TWRP, please provide a zip archive with all /cache/recovery/last_log.* files, i will have a look into why it fails
22nd October 2018, 07:56 PM |#24  

More
Oh yeah... thanks, I know how to generate a patched boot image. Actually, I prefer using PHH's toolkit (I have it installed locally on a Linux box). Magisk is based on PHH's toolkit and SuperSU, I've been told.
Just wanted to contribute. Not sure I'm really wanting to root this phone yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lannig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lannig Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 09:55 PM |#25  

More
was busy with kids, seems i have mixed up you with marko.milioner, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko.milioner

I unlocked the bootloader and tried booting the recovery using this method, but the TWRP logo shows up and the phone is stuck in a bootloop (TWRP logo shows up and disappears over and over again) .

edit:
TWRP was crashing on (fuse) vold mounts. I have fixed this. There was some entries /devices/mtk-msdc.0/11120000.msdc0* in fstab.mt6580 but probably should be /sys/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11120000.msdc0* i have removed now from recovery.fstab - anyway if still crashes, you should able to access twrp from adb shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannig

OK, I'll take over then.
Here's a dump of boot and recovery images of my own King-kong made with SP Flash Tool : https://mega.nz/#!9iRHxQbC!382Wb6at5...kYkBrwYlOxRZUw

edit2:
i have checked your stock boot.img - it has the same "bug"? (like mine) in fstab.mt6580
Code:
/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11120000.msdc0* auto vfat defaults voldmanaged=sdcard0:auto
/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11130000.msdc1* auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto,encryptable=userdata
/devices/platform/mt_usb* auto vfat defaults voldmanaged=usbotg:auto
The Following User Says Thank You to aIecxs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aIecxs Ad-Free
5th November 2018, 05:31 PM |#26  

More
Thanks for the update. I am eager to give it a go, however at this time my KK still has a locked bootloader. Will it work for a non-flashed TWRP like this (fastboot boot twrp.img)?
Or do I need to unlock the bootloader anyway?
EDIT: OK, I have found out about this 1st question already:
Code:
D:\ANDROID\KINGKONG>fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  0.604s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: not allowed in locked state)
finished. total time: 0.614s
So the reply is: unlock required.

If so, does this smartphone force a factory reset upon unlocking? (not all of them Mediatek phones do...)
The Following User Says Thank You to Lannig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lannig Ad-Free
5th November 2018, 05:44 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosTigeros

Will it boot up after just decompressing and compressing it again? Try: twrp-3.2.2.0-cubot_king_kong_7081c-20180902-2017.img (not patched).

this one is not booting. but i have tested unpacking + re-packing on linux, i have uploaded a shell script for this here and with this it will boot (un patched)

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannig

If so, does this smartphone force a factory reset upon unlocking? (not all of them Mediatek phones do...)

WARNING: Yes this will Factory Reset, don't do that!

But you can try the stock recovery mode and check if it is possible to create an backup? If so, you can use TWRP Backup Converter for Android system recovery <3e> (unless it is encrypted)
6th November 2018, 09:40 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aIecxs

was busy with kids, seems i have mixed up you with marko.milioner, sorry

edit:
TWRP was crashing on (fuse) vold mounts. I have fixed this. There was some entries /devices/mtk-msdc.0/11120000.msdc0* in fstab.mt6580 but probably should be /sys/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11120000.msdc0* i have removed now from recovery.fstab - anyway if still crashes, you should able to access twrp from adb shell

Ok. I'll try it as soon as I see my sister again. Probably for the New Year. Thank you
23rd April 2019, 06:11 PM |#29  

More
today i figured out that SP Flash Tool can flash TWRP with locked bootloader - this mean you can backup your phone from twrp's adb backup from shell (even it is encrypted), then unlock, restore backup and root
17th June 2019, 10:42 AM |#30  

More
@LosTigeros

finally i solved it by hex patching the comparison value, instead of eliminating the comparison.

i decided to change it from 2 -> to 1
so the touch works in boot and recovery mode
kernel_jenkins_3-18-35_1526531231_MTK6580_7-0.png

Code:
  0 = NORMAL_BOOT
  1 = META_BOOT
  2 = RECOVERY_BOOT
  3 = SW_REBOOT
  4 = FACTORY_BOOT
  5 = ADVMETA_BOOT
  6 = ATE_FACTORY_BOOT
  7 = ALARM_BOOT
  8 = KERNEL_POWER_OFF_CHARGING_BOOT
  9 = LOW_POWER_OFF_CHARGING_BOOT
 99 = FASTBOOT
100 = DOWNLOAD_BOOT
So many thanks again for your great tutorial and your help! i wouldn't be able doing this without your effort
1st June 2020, 11:56 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is it possible to root the Cubot King Kong 3, following the steps of the guide in this thread?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)