Thanks Meter: 19

By scottdroolboyswinden, Senior Member on 8th September 2018, 08:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th December 2018, 09:29 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakuklan

Another way to install twrp if you have stock ROM , if yes then replace recovery.img in stock ROM with twrp recovery.img then full flash phone . Phone will unlock .

I am also try on another phone , but I have no stock ROM this phone .

Herehttps://firmwarefile.com/category/tenor

19th December 2018, 10:18 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxz21

Herehttps://firmwarefile.com/category/tenor

this is not stock rom .this is only update file
20th December 2018, 02:44 PM |#13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek17599

I was watching how to compile roms... But we will need a device source tree for compiling roms
Before that we neet to unlock bootloader
Can anyone try this command in fastboot mode and confirm if bootloader unlocks?

fastboot oem unlock

Make sure u have backed up your data because it will wipe data
I have my warranty for 6 months left so can anyone without warranty test it out?

I will start development on it after i am confident enough on compiling roms and i get my new laptop

Yep, I'm sure someone could test it for you......that someone is YOU.

If you want it tested, test it yourself. You said your device is under warranty, that means if you brick it, you can get it replaced. If someone that does NOT have warranty bricks their device testing this for you, they will be stuck with a dead device and no way to get it replaced, whereas, YOU CAN IF IT GOES WRONG.

You're asking others to risk their device for your own convenience to protect your own device. That is is being spoiled, rude and inconsiderate.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
20th December 2018, 02:49 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Yep, I'm sure someone could test it for you......that someone is YOU.

If you want it tested, test it yourself. You said your device is under warranty, that means if you brick it, you can get it replaced. If someone that does NOT have warranty bricks their device testing this for you, they will be stuck with a dead device and no way to get it replaced, whereas, YOU CAN IF IT GOES WRONG.

You're asking others to risk their device for your own convenience to protect your own device. That is is being spoiled, rude and inconsiderate.

Bro that command won't brick any device , plus have some common sense ... If anyone unlocks bootloader it's warrenty is voided
I'll try it myself if no one does and be the first one to respond then.... I garuntee you that... But after my warrenty period is over...
I haven't ordered anyone to do this ... Its upto that individual... There's no need to respond like that
The Following User Says Thank You to Abhishek17599 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Abhishek17599 Ad-Free
20th December 2018, 03:00 PM |#15  
Quote:

Bro that command won't brick any device , plus have some common sense ... If anyone unlocks bootloader it's warrenty is voided
I'll try it myself if no one does and be the first one to respond then.... I garuntee you that... But after my warrenty period is over... I have experience of unlocking bootloaders and using roms for 3-4 devices and 5 yrs
I know what should i post and what not... Be sensible ... Research before u say anything

Be sensible? I was being more sensible than you understand due to your un-awareness to certain things about android devices. You've unlocked the bootloader and used ROMs on 3-4 devices in the past 5 years, great, that gives you experience with the devices that you own. That doesn't mean much when it comes to other devices, though.

It wasn't so much a matter of whether it was a potential brick or not, it was the fact that you ask someone else to test instead of doing it yourself. Generally, using oem unlock command does not brick a device....but, you aren't exactly right. Running the oem unlock command CAN and HAS bricked devices, they are device specific scenarios though. I have an RCA tablet that is unrecoverable due to using fastboot to unlock bootloader and that was on 4.4, long before all the extra security measures implemented by manufacturers and carriers today ever came along. Bootloader unlocking these days can be much more tricky than it was on that old device. So, as you said, do your research. I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't already know.

Also, you are aware that even if you tried the command and it unlocked your bootloader, you could easily relock the bootloader, which wouldn't void your warranty unless the manufacturer/carrier was standing right there looking over your shoulder when you unlocked the bootloader?

20th December 2018, 03:15 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

It wasn't so much a matter of whether it was a potential brick or not, it was the fact that you ask someone else to test instead of doing it yourself. Generally, using oem unlock command does not brick a device....but, you aren't exactly right. Running the oem unlock command CAN and HAS bricked devices, they are device specific scenarios though. I have an RCA tablet that is unrecoverable due to using fastboot to unlock bootloader. So, as you said, do your research. I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't already know.

Also, you are aware that even if you tried the command and it unlocked your bootloader, you could easily relock the bootloader, which wouldn't void your warranty unless the manufacturer/carrier was standing right there looking over your shoulder when you unlocked the bootloader?

fastboot oem unlock
It probably should work...
[youtube]Q4HPYsi-EfU[/youtube]
This is another device from this company running stock android ....
Also i have seen some guides online referring to same guide
I apologise for earlier rudeness ... But i meant to help up there .... there were people wanting to unlock bootloader and so i gave them a way of doing so.... But i should have framed my sentense in a better way...😋 I'll keep that in mind...

One thing i want to ask ..will the generic snapdragon 625 twrp work wiith this device?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abhishek17599 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Abhishek17599 Ad-Free
20th December 2018, 03:22 PM |#17  
Quote:

fastboot oem unlock
I apologise for earlier rudeness ... But i meant to help up there .... there were people wanting to unlock bootloader and so i gave them a way of doing so.... But i should have framed my sentense in a better way... I'll keep that in mind...

One thing i want to ask ..will the generic snapdragon 625 twrp work wiith this device?

My point was to be careful what you post when it comes to unlocking bootloader these days. Bootloader unlocking gets more tricky by the day with all the coding and security measures used by manufacturers and carriers as time goes on. They are getting better at creating roadblocks for people like us. As these measures evolve, more and more users are breaking devices due to encountering security measures on their device that they were unaware of.

20th December 2018, 03:35 PM |#18  

More
Quote:

My point was to be careful what you post when it comes to unlocking bootloader these days. Bootloader unlocking gets more tricky by the day with all the coding and security measures used by manufacturers and carriers as time goes on. They are getting better at creating roadblocks for people like us. As these measures evolve, more and more users are breaking devices due to encountering security measures on their device that they were unaware of.

Yeah ... The likes of huawei haave totally hindered the development of potential devices
Well... Xiaomi is doing a great job in this front

https://www.stupdroid.com/2018/07/ro...0or-G.html?m=1

This is one of the posts i went through and

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11050483647474829650

This is the recovery which is recommended and i have doubt for
20th December 2018, 03:51 PM |#19  
Quote:

fastboot oem unlock
I apologise for earlier rudeness ... But i meant to help up there .... there were people wanting to unlock bootloader and so i gave them a way of doing so.... But i should have framed my sentense in a better way... I'll keep that in mind...

I did a search for "generic TWRP for snapdragon 625".

I didn't find anything, all I found was mention of using treble.

I'm not sure there can even be such a thing as generic TWRP due to the way it has to be built specific to the hardware in the device.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote:

Yeah ... The likes of huawei haave totally hindered the development of potential devices
Well... Xiaomi is doing a great job in this front

https://www.stupdroid.com/2018/07/ro...0or-G.html?m=1

This is one of the posts i went through and

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11050483647474829650

This is the recovery which is recommended and i have doubt for

I usually don't trust sources outside of XDA, you never know what you are going to get in those situations.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakuklan

Another way to install twrp if you have stock ROM , if yes then replace recovery.img in stock ROM with twrp recovery.img then full flash phone . Phone will unlock .

I am also try on another phone , but I have no stock ROM this phone .

Typically, a locked bootloader won't allow this to work, the locked bootloader will see that the TWRP.img is not your stock recovery and won't allow it to boot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
16th February 2019, 07:47 AM |#20  
Bharuch, Gujarat, India
Thanks Meter: 3

More
First of all, you guys try to root this phone, I am trying with magisk patched Boot img.
Pls share your views on this, unless our device won't be developed.
Also I am trying to port twrp, wish me luck .!!✓
16th February 2019, 01:16 PM |#21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeelGPatel

First of all, you guys try to root this phone, I am trying with magisk patched Boot img.
Pls share your views on this, unless our device won't be developed.
Also I am trying to port twrp, wish me luck .!!✓

Magisk can't be flashed on devices with locked bootloader.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
10-or-g

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)