FORUMS

Data recovery after factory reset

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Jeanyamm, Junior Member on 2nd April 2018, 10:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I sold my samsung galaxy s6 after performing a full encryption then a factory reset, will the new owner be able to recover my data?
2nd April 2018, 10:34 PM |#2  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,612

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanyamm

I sold my samsung galaxy s6 after performing a full encryption then a factory reset, will the new owner be able to recover my data?

Your best bet is, probably, to post this question within one of the following General Q&A threads.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2259645

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2257421

Or you may be able to obtain some member guidance within the following Q&A thread that's specific to the S6.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3110220

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
3rd April 2018, 02:23 AM |#3  
Quote:

Was the data encrypted while you were using it?
If yes then it is very difficult to recovery data.
If you were using it without encryption, even encrypting later, will help, but someone with the right tools and time, can recovery data.
Unless the buyer suspects there is data he can use on the device, it just isn't effective to spend the time.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
3rd April 2018, 08:42 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

Was the data encrypted while you were using it?
If yes then it is very difficult to recovery data.
If you were using it without encryption, even encrypting later, will help, but someone with the right tools and time, can recovery data.
Unless the buyer suspects there is data he can use on the device, it just isn't effective to spend the time.

Yes the data was encrypted while i was using my phone. I fear if there is a software that can easly recover the data.
Is there a chance to recover data even after overwriting the phone?
And can a normal be able to recover it using only applications and softwares or root?

Thank you for your time.
Regards
3rd April 2018, 02:05 PM |#5  
Quote:

Yes the data was encrypted while i was using my phone. I fear if there is a software that can easly recover the data.
Is there a chance to recover data even after overwriting the phone?
And can a normal be able to recover it using only applications and softwares or root?

Thank you for your time.
Regards

If it was encrypted, the data is not going to be recovered

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
29th June 2020, 10:09 PM |#6  

More
recover data after master reset and rooting
I master resetted my phone (samsung galaxy s8) a while ago and I used it for ond year. NOw I need to recover data to have acess to data before resetting. However, to do this I need to root my device which means wiping the data again. I have tried a lot of software and apps and all of them need rooting. My question is that is it possible to recover my data after one reset and one root? Isn't the data overwritten?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)