FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Delayed notification for Whatsapp, Signal, G Voice

77 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By clu1688, Member on 11th July 2019, 06:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This post was originally posted in Moto G5s Plus forum, but I thought/hope to get broader exposure and feedbacks:

I did extensive search and found no fix so far.

Problem: if my phone is locked for maybe 10min, then it will not display notification for incoming Signal, Whatsapp and Google Voice messages, until I unlock the screen and run the apps. In other words, I will not get notified of new messages if the phone is locked for over 10 minutes.

Native Messenger app is not affected, it displays incoming message right away. Gmail is good too.

I do not use Wifi, it is turned OFF. I am on Data 100% with T-Mobile. Stock ROM, rooted with Magisk and TWRP.

I have done "Battery Not Optimized", "unrestricted data", Battery saving mode is set Never, and there is no battery saving apps installed such as Greenify etc.

I have removed and reinstalled these apps from Play store, cleared data and cache, the whole 9 yards.

Still stuck with delayed notification.

Anyone with suggestions?

Thanks,

14th July 2019, 04:07 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by clu1688

This post was originally posted in Moto G5s Plus forum, but I thought/hope to get broader exposure and feedbacks:

I did extensive search and found no fix so far.

Problem: if my phone is locked for maybe 10min, then it will not display notification for incoming Signal, Whatsapp and Google Voice messages, until I unlock the screen and run the apps. In other words, I will not get notified of new messages if the phone is locked for over 10 minutes.

Native Messenger app is not affected, it displays incoming message right away. Gmail is good too.

I do not use Wifi, it is turned OFF. I am on Data 100% with T-Mobile. Stock ROM, rooted with Magisk and TWRP.

I have done "Battery Not Optimized", "unrestricted data", Battery saving mode is set Never, and there is no battery saving apps installed such as Greenify etc.

I have removed and reinstalled these apps from Play store, cleared data and cache, the whole 9 yards.

Still stuck with delayed notification.

Anyone with suggestions?

Thanks,

It's probably caused by a wakelock that triggers after the screen is off for a set amount of time. Or maybe your device has a deep sleep mode that is triggered after a certain time with screen off.

Use Wakelock detector to identify the wakelocks on your device, then research the wakelocks that you find to see if any of them might be the cause of this issue. If you find a wakelock that is causing this, try using an app that can manage wakelocks to enable/disable the wakelock(s) as needed in order to get it working the way you want/need.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)