New device : Gome K1

Search This thread

z2x

Sep 25, 2012
Hi,
I am a little new and don't really know about this subject but :
I purchased a new phone : a Gome K1.
This is not tablet but phone. This is a new brandt. This a MTK (MT6757).
For the story, it came to me with chinese ROM, all menus in chinese :)
I asked to the seller to give me a ROM with playstore and french. They done it.
I flashed their new ROM with a proprietary flash tool. Now I have a android 6 ROM with Playstore, french menus. Well !

But I'd like to know if there is a way to root it, and install a TWRP :
The ROM came with bootloader locked and no recovery. It is entirely blocked.
No way to unlock bootloader via the general way (fastboot oem unlock --> unknown command)
I read some articles that deal with spflashtool and porting TWRP, but I'm new to this and I don't think I will be able to make all these steps correctly to flash a TWRP ...
Does someone has an idea ?
Is my post on the good topic ?

Inveds

Aug 6, 2017
Hello,i also have a Gome K1 phone and I am also interested at rooting it.

There is an ' OEM unlocking option' under the developers option in the settings, have you tried that yet?

If you managed to import twrp and rooted the phone can you pls send here the steps, Thanks

z2x

Sep 25, 2012
Hello, happy to not be alone with this phone :) ...
Yes I tried everything, after enabling unknown source, OEM unlocking and USB Debugging developer options :
- All root apks
- all existing root kits using ADB
- Method with a linux distro to access Phone filesystem as root ( cannot see my phone ... )

Now I'm trying to use SP flashtool last version, but even that cannot correctly access the phone to Readback my recovery : there is BROM error, so I think that phone is not compatible with the phone (seen on a forum ...)

So if someone has an idea, he is welcome :)

There is an ' OEM unlocking option' under the developers option in the settings, have you tried that yet?

If you managed to import twrp and rooted the phone can you pls send here the steps, Thanks

z2x

Sep 25, 2012
When I contacted them, they send me a non rooted custom ROM which embed Google Apps and All language, AND another flash tool.
This flash tool seems to be based on SP flash tool. It seems to have restrictions (no readback ability ...).
I'm not able to backup anything with this tool or with SP flash tool.

Whis spflashtool, when clicking ReadBack, I power off my phone, and plug USB cable.
It begins the process but I immediatly encounter a BROM error :
ERROR: status_brom_cmd_send_da_fail (0xC0060003)
I read a post which indicate to try to plug usb cable when pressing Power plus Volume Up, but I don't think it can work, because I know that their tool works without that operation.
So now I'm still stuck here. Does someone have an idea ?

vsxby

May 4, 2018
Hi
On the Russian forum 4pda, the topic GOME K1 we are also discussing and trying to solve the problem of a locked bootloader. So far no results. ROOT is also not yet possible to get.
I've also ported twrp for GOME K1, but there's no point in installing it until the bootloader is unlocked. Otherwise we will get a brick.

Last edited:

z2x

Sep 25, 2012
Hi
On the Russian forum 4pda, the topic GOME K1 we are also discussing and trying to solve the problem of a locked bootloader. So far no results. ROOT is also not yet possible to get.
I've also ported twrp for GOME K1, but there's no point in installing it until the bootloader is unlocked. Otherwise we will get a brick.

Hello vsxby,

I was successful in flashing custom ROM that vendor uploaded for me.
So I thing I can flash just the recovery with their tool. I'm not an expert, so I'm just a little affraid to follow a guide to port a TRWP for Gome K1 and try to flash it, since it can brick the phone.
If you want, I can't send you a copy of their tool they sent to me (SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe) ...

vsxby

May 4, 2018
Hello vsxby,

So I thing I can flash just the recovery with their tool. I'm not an expert, so I'm just a little affraid to follow a guide to port a TRWP for Gome K1 and try to flash it, since it can brick the phone.
If you want, I can't send you a copy of their tool they sent to me (SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe) ...

Thank you, but I already have this tool. As I wrote before flashing TWRP we need to unlock the bootloader. While this is not impossible to do. But one of our users on 4pda is going to ask the manufacturer to unlock bootloader. In case of success, I will inform you.
If you want to experiment and flash TWRP with a locked bootloader, I can give you the TWRP I made, but I warn you, it's not safe.

@Vortex

Jul 13, 2016
NO SERVICE
Bro,Can you upload the firmware and tools to google drive or something like? It will be very helpful for dealing with this mediatek replica phone(aus6757_66_m),i got some possible factory test MTK AOSP,but the link expires :(

z2x

Sep 25, 2012
Thank you, but I already have this tool. As I wrote before flashing TWRP we need to unlock the bootloader. While this is not impossible to do. But one of our users on 4pda is going to ask the manufacturer to unlock bootloader. In case of success, I will inform you.
If you want to experiment and flash TWRP with a locked bootloader, I can give you the TWRP I made, but I warn you, it's not safe.

Ok, hope manufacturer will accept to give bootloader unlock procedure :)

Akiladrishan

May 29, 2018
Hello vsxby,

could you please post here what is the procedure you took to flash the rom. Seller sent me with multi language rom. i want to downgrade the rom to its original one. I used your tools in the windows 10 lap. and also in the windows 7 lap but it was useless. I am going to try the procedure in the windows 8.1 lap. can you tell me exactly how you flash your phone with that tool ?

Looi CS

May 29, 2018
Hey Bro,

I get my new Gome K1 with Global ROM

but have some issues with my new Gome K1 >> the GPS doesn't work proper for Google Maps / Waze, it doesnt show accurate position most of the time, but it seems work well with "offline GPS" (but offline GPS most of the time not able to find location that I ahead for meeting). Any recommendation/solution?

Thanks in advance

Abdulnassir

Apr 22, 2018
original eom (china rom).

Hello every one i buy thise phone and come with multilanguage firmware but i like the origin one, can anyone help me the link of the firmware of origin!!

driska

Nov 20, 2014
i've disabled the google app in the settings and now the phone is stuck on boot logo... any ideas how to fix this?

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

i've disabled the google app in the settings and now the phone is stuck on boot logo... any ideas how to fix this?
found the answer on 4pda, can't post link.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, happy to not be alone with this phone :) ...
    Yes I tried everything, after enabling unknown source, OEM unlocking and USB Debugging developer options :
    - All root apks
    - all existing root kits using ADB
    - Method with a linux distro to access Phone filesystem as root ( cannot see my phone ... )

Now I'm trying to use SP flashtool last version, but even that cannot correctly access the phone to Readback my recovery : there is BROM error, so I think that phone is not compatible with the phone (seen on a forum ...)

So if someone has an idea, he is welcome :)