DZ09 Smartwatch

Search This thread

sega0795

Dec 17, 2015
a lot of problems

Hello , I commented a while ago I bought two SmartWatch DZ09 MTK6260A one for an Android phone and one for a Windows Mobile phone , the mobile windows phone work only certain things notifications for example will not or alarms and remote camera with regarding android mobile but if it works all notifications WhatsApp or any other single out white on black ugly notification shows you not only the message and the message was sent . You have a solution to these problems especially for the Windows Phone , Windows Phone the problem is that the application bt notification is not compatible with this version .

Niezarm San

May 22, 2014
Year, I thought I had found one just waiting for me (I did, her name is Berit, but that's a whole other story:D), but that was for MTK6250, ours are MTK6260A as far as I know, so didn't apply at all.. :silly: The tool provided in the download might work for us however, if anyone
ANYONE??
could find a nice firmware or even somebody who have the nice firmware in his/her DZ09 and knows how to scratch it out for share (I don't know that stuff)..

You can go to my blog site... niezarmsan.blogspot.my/2015/12/how-to-install-firmware-on-dz09-mtk6260.html ....sorry i can`t post direct link,

Golem_

Oct 23, 2015
Year, I thought I had found one just waiting for me (I did, her name is Berit, but that's a whole other story:D), but that was for MTK6250, ours are MTK6260A as far as I know, so didn't apply at all.. :silly: The tool provided in the download might work for us however, if anyone
ANYONE??
could find a nice firmware or even somebody who have the nice firmware in his/her DZ09 and knows how to scratch it out for share (I don't know that stuff)..

This is the site I found (and maybe so did some of you) http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.dk/2014/08/mtk6250-bluetooth-154-lcd-watch.html Still not for us mind you, but if one of them brilliant nerds in here is watching, please help us! :fingers-crossed:

Give a search on xda for GT08 or any other mtk6260A watch, you'll find links for few firmwares (for me they were working just fine)

Note: don't forget to do a full recovery backup of your own firmware before to flash any new things on your phone!!! (I mean it, take it in a very serious way, in case of bricking, getting back your phone become a easy pie)

seek4

Nov 29, 2008
You can go to my blog site... niezarmsan.blogspot.my/2015/12/how-to-install-firmware-on-dz09-mtk6260.html ....sorry i can`t post direct link,
Thank you SO much Niezarm San, your tutorial is very fine, and the firmwares are exactly what some of us have been hoping for. Just a couple of questions:
1) (Partly based on Golem's good advice) Thank you Golem!
Give a search on xda for GT08 or any other mtk6260A watch, you'll find links for few firmwares (for me they were working just fine)

Note: don't forget to do a full recovery backup of your own firmware before to flash any new things on your phone!!! (I mean it, take it in a very serious way, in case of bricking, getting back your phone become a easy pie)
Does this procedure make a usable backup of the watch' original firmware, in case we want to revert i.e. if something goes wrong (or can you tell us how to do that)?
2) Code *#8375# doesn't seem to work on my watch (*#06# does though), is there an alternative?
3) First the watch seemed to connect correctly, but nothing happened (stayed on 0% when testing RAM), and now I get an error about connecting to the com port or something, possibly due to a dirty (infected) Win8 install, I normally boot to Linux and don't care to clean up Windows right now, will try with a clean WinXP on my laptop one of these days, but are you acquainted to these errors?

Again thank you, and a delayed Merry Christmas/ Happy Hanukkah/ Happy Kwanzaa or whatever makes you happy! :) BTW I can post direct links:
Niezarm San's great tutorial for changing firmware on our DZ09s, with tools and nice firmwares for grabs is right here :good:

Last edited:

Golem_

Oct 23, 2015
Thank you SO much Niezarm San, your tutorial is very fine, and the firmwares are exactly what some of us have been hoping for. Just a couple of questions:
1) (Partly based on Golem's good advice) Thank you Golem!

Does this procedure make a usable backup of the watch' original firmware, in case we want to revert i.e. if something goes wrong (or can you tell us how to do that)?
2) Code *#8375# doesn't seem to work on my watch (*#06# does though), is there an alternative?
3) First the watch seemed to connect correctly, but nothing happened (stayed on 0% when testing RAM), and now I get an error about connecting to the com port or something, possibly due to a dirty (infected) Win8 install, I normally boot to Linux and don't care to clean up Windows right now, will try with a clean WinXP on my laptop one of these days, but are you acquainted to these errors?

1. Man, to have a full recovery backup you just have to send me the file resulted from initial readback procedure (16384 kB bulk), I can build from it the clean original firmware your phone came equipped with (most important, it is containing PERFECT COMPATIBLE drivers right for your phone for communication between central unit and simcard unit, memory card unit, microusb, display, microphone, speaker etc)
2. try *#998375#, as well to access engineer menu instead *#3646633* the code is *#993646633#, keep me informed if they are working or not
3. it looks like that the best environment is windows xp, I met a lot of people complaining about the fact that windows 7, or windows 8, because their stupid "security policy" are not installing mtk drivers putting (in secret) instead some microsoft surrogates, I have no idea where or in which panel we can tame windows 7 or 8 so that to install exactly what we have hence if you have XP is just perfect!

SkyHusky

Nov 27, 2015
Puyallup
AT&T LG G6
Watch face editing?

View attachment 3590772

Hey again! So i have this program called MTK resources editor, and some watch faces. But how do i use the program? I cant find anywhere on the internet on how? And also how could i make a digital face that i could install on it?

i have attached a screenshot of what I'm dealing with. Could i have some guidance? ^-^

Golem_

Oct 23, 2015
View attachment 3590772

Hey again! So i have this program called MTK resources editor, and some watch faces. But how do i use the program? I cant find anywhere on the internet on how? And also how could i make a digital face that i could install on it?

i have attached a screenshot of what I'm dealing with. Could i have some guidance? ^-^

I've took a try and at the first sight it doesn't seem to work, we'll see if there is some use of this piece of software
Hereunder are attached few mt6260A bin background pictures I have extracted manually a week ago from a watch ROM, give it a try, it looks like the program is not displaying any preview shot hence is not able to read the picture format from our type of phone... or I'm doing something wrong there

Last edited:
Reactions: Rosario55

SkyHusky

Nov 27, 2015
Puyallup
AT&T LG G6
I've took a try and at the first sight it doesn't seem to work, we'll see if there is some use of this piece of software
Hereunder are attached few mt6260A bin background pictures I have extracted manually a week ago from a watch ROM, give it a try, it looks like the program is not displaying any preview shot hence is not able to read the picture format from our type of phone... or I'm doing something wrong there

How do i put those pictures on the watch? Sorry if i sound stupid i know not much of flashing mediatek devices...

SkyHusky

Nov 27, 2015
Puyallup
AT&T LG G6
I've checked, your software is working (didn't give yet a full test but apparently is doing its job) so do an import and let us know if everything goes right!
Ok i got the thing to work, i just needed to click all file types and then ROM but how do i save it when im done editing the watchface? And then how do i flash that to the watch?

Last edited:
Reactions: Golem_

Golem_

Oct 23, 2015
Ill take a little video and show you what happens when i click import. It says pick a target file first, even though i did! I do run windows 10 so maybe thats an issue? Idk

Today I have checked the editor, is working flawlessly!!! You have a big thanks from me, the fact you find this software is a big step in customizing mtk62xx watch-phones, I have created few new "genuine" xda concept faces check the attachments)

here are the steps:
1. do a copy of the firmware you want to change (for instance rename the new containing folder <DZ-09 mod1>)
2. create a folder (lets call it <new watch faces>) and put inside all watch face gifs you have
3. obviously, start the program :)
4. press open (left down buton) browse to <DZ-09 mod1> , as extension select all files and select ROM - <open>
5. press upper right side <workdir> and go to your <new watch faces> folder and press ok
6. press <Pictures> upper left and in the main list from left pick which picture you want to change and click on it
7. in the right side choose the picture you want to insert and click on it
8. press upper right side button <import> if shows successful go to step 9 if not the picture you chose is to big
9. press save - it opens browser in the <DZ-09 mod1>, check ROM and accept to overwrite the file
10. flash <DZ-09 mod1> on your phone and enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_0091.jpg
    DSC_0091.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 2,650
Last edited:
Reactions: randalo0815

Golem_

Oct 23, 2015
Last edited:

seek4

Nov 29, 2008
1. Man, to have a full recovery backup you just have to send me the file resulted from initial readback procedure (16384 kB bulk), I can build from it the clean original firmware your phone came equipped with (most important, it is containing PERFECT COMPATIBLE drivers right for your phone for communication between central unit and simcard unit, memory card unit, microusb, display, microphone, speaker etc)
2. try *#998375#, as well to access engineer menu instead *#3646633* the code is *#993646633#, keep me informed if they are working or not
3. it looks like that the best environment is windows xp, I met a lot of people complaining about the fact that windows 7, or windows 8, because their stupid "security policy" are not installing mtk drivers putting (in secret) instead some microsoft surrogates, I have no idea where or in which panel we can tame windows 7 or 8 so that to install exactly what we have hence if you have XP is just perfect!
Thank you again Golem_, haven't tested the codes because I realized that my watch' specific FW has a [Settings] > [About Watch] which seems to do the exact same thing.
silly.gif
About Windows; I normally use a "lite version" of Win8 (with Classic Menu so it can be used ;) ) which, unlike Micro$oft's version, seems to function properly, only not when infected, however for compatibility I think XP is still unbeaten, just can't find that darned CD-ROM for the moment..

But much more important: You can do that? Would it then be possible for us to disassemble firmwares too, and maybe cook our own? Could you possibly be talked into writing a tut, and share the tools you would use?
biggrin.gif
I know this is a lot to ask, but I've learned that if you don't ask, you won't be rejected (or whatever..
confused.gif
).
Obviously it would be nice to be able to use each watch' original drivers, as they seem to come with different HW, but also i.e. my watch' present (original) FW has a note-writer that I like a lot, but apparently have been left out in the FW with my preferred UI, it would be great to be able to choose our own mixture of apps and functions, and maybe it would even be possible to design our own watch-faces and replace wallpapers aso. ..?

Golem_

Oct 23, 2015
Thank you again Golem_, haven't tested the codes because I realized that my watch' specific FW has a [Settings] > [About Watch] which seems to do the exact same thing.
silly.gif
About Windows; I normally use a "lite version" of Win8 (with Classic Menu so it can be used ;) ) which, unlike Micro$oft's version, seems to function properly, only not when infected, however for compatibility I think XP is still unbeaten, just can't find that darned CD-ROM for the moment..

But much more important: You can do that? Would it then be possible for us to disassemble firmwares too, and maybe cook our own? Could you possibly be talked into writing a tut, and share the tools you would use?
biggrin.gif
I know this is a lot to ask, but I've learned that if you don't ask, you won't be rejected (or whatever..
confused.gif
).
Obviously it would be nice to be able to use each watch' original drivers, as they seem to come with different HW, but also i.e. my watch' present (original) FW has a note-writer that I like a lot, but apparently have been left out in the FW with my preferred UI, it would be great to be able to choose our own mixture of apps and functions, and maybe it would even be possible to design our own watch-faces and replace wallpapers aso. ..?

Hi there, thank you for your kind words! I have to tell you frankly that no, there is no chance to disassemble the firmware itself, its inner structure is kept in big secret and it is explainable as long as these mtk PCBs are the most wanted on the market ( the price for a mtk6260A PCB containing ALL components excluding camera, display and mic is getting somewhere UNDER $1 (one dollar!!!) so that any attempt of FW reverse engineering was an epic failure
Now, what we can do - not so much, we succeeded here to figure out how to change wakeup watch faces which is a big step for now. As well I keep working in building a script which will find/decode/change/code back any icon or background inside the firmware
I have attached a picture with my watch having installed a xda'ish face I've created two days ago, at least we can get rid easily of those ugly chinese style watches

Attachments

• DSC_0091.jpg
    DSC_0091.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 873
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dvhooren
    I know this is a little old, so hopefully you figured it out, but go here http://www.fundo.cc/other/download/FunDoAPP/
    that's the qr code site. download the one labeled "BTNotifications Android". that's the one that works with the dz09.

So! take a deep breath and let's start

1. Here at this link you find anything about this matter, do not get anything from elsewhere - link -

2. now get here - link - that guy explains pretty well - for now do just these steps: getting started and installing driver, stop there because what follows despite the gossips, become dangerous stuff for your phone
    note - in the file I have prepared for you there is a full firmware DZ09, is not there for flashing, maybe is not compatible with your phone, you unzip it and use the scatter file for flashtool initialization

3. now come back on xda here - link - and do all the steps - say a hallelujah, you have extracted full genuine firmware from your phone (keep it somewhere in safe, do not change it or anything else, you'll not find it anywhere you'll look for - is the only perfect compatible firmware with your watch)

4. now let's burn some watchfaces!
    here are the steps:
    1. do a copy of the firmware you have extracted (for instance rename the new containing folder <DZ-09 mod1>)
    2. create a folder (lets call it <new watch faces>) and put inside all watch face gifs you found at the link
    3. obviously, start the program Mtk_Res
    4. press open (left down buton) browse to <DZ-09 mod1> , as extension select all files and select ROM - <open>
    5. press upper right side <workdir> and go to your <new watch faces> folder and press ok
    6. press <Pictures> upper left and in the main list from left pick which picture you want to change and click on it
    7. in the right side choose the picture you want to insert and click on it
    8. press upper right side button <import> if shows successful go to step 9 if not the picture you chose is to big
    9. press save - it opens browser in the <DZ-09 mod1>, check ROM and accept to overwrite the file

5. Now flashing - at FIRST flashing make sure in Flash Tool Options / BackUP and Restore you have checked BackUP -> Download/Format -> Restore, in this way it will make a NVRAM copy, after FIRST flashing go in the Flash Tool folder and in BackUP folder you'll find some data, do a copy of this backup folder and put it in the folder where you keep the original firmware you have extracted before. For next flashings change Flash Tool / BackUP and Restore to Download/Format -> Restore

1. Start Flash Tool and load as scatter the cfg file you have in DZ-09 mod1 folder
    2. Press Download (which means start flashing)
    3. Connect watch through USB and wait to appear the green ring
    4. ENJOY!

If something goes wrong or doesn't look right feel free to ask!
    hi sir does your rom is 32mb??? can u please give me your rom??
    my specs are
    LD991A_YX_S1_SS7789
    cpt_9304_CAM3A01_LANGA_V3.2

[BRANCH]:11CW1352MP
    MTK61D_BTDIALER_11
    C
    BUILD TIME :2016/07/04 16:26
    [MRE VERSION]- 266919348

Can you try firmware me. please report. tanks
    Man, we have to use our brain to find the way...
    Nothing is impossibble...

I will roughly guide you how to:

- First, define which ROM you want to mod ?
    - Use 'mtk_6261D_reader-writter.jar' or 'romdz09.jar' utility to extract your ROM (EXT_BOOTLOADER, INT_BOOTLOADER, FILE_01_mtk (ROM), FILE_02_mtk (VIVA) ) to based file *.a, *.b like F1 image (attachment)
    - On Use 'mtk_6261D_reader-writter.jar' or 'romdz09.jar' click Load, then click get pictures
    - Now, Just scrolling down to find the file *.a or *.b to to get *.gif or *.png relating to your watchfaces
    (Here, you can also to modify file languages to your needed language)
    - When, you find the needed file to modify => click extract to file.
    Now, Use the GIMP2 image processing to mod your clock face (image F2)
    And if, language MOD (image F3 &F4) - use google translate to translation to your own language one by one line from language file you want to change...eg: FB4e8.a

Remember that, the mod file cannot bigger than the original file.
    When MOD was done, just click 'to file', 'to rom' and 'save' ROM

Now, flash your moded ROM and SEE
    Still need to investigation more since ROM file for MTK6261D was compressed...and the 'mtk_6261D_reader-writter.jar' can not extract all the things, some were broken when extracted...That's why you cann't find the other two watchfaces...we need deeply intervention by WinHex to correct ...

Ref: Thank 4PDA forum for the instruction, even I don;t know Russian language :D
    - http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=670733&st=4080#entry54850559
    - http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?act=...&subforums=1&source=all&sort=rel&result=posts

I attached here my MOD watchface for MTK6261D, whom need it remmeber to Click THANK if you like it

============
    Attachment files for someone need it
    Having trouble setting up mms on the DZ09 smartwatch can anyone advise if it has been done.
    Thanks for any assistance:D