FORUMS

What extent can employers control company android phones?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By BLu8i, Junior Member on 22nd May 2020, 03:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

To what extent can employers control an android company phone? I'm sure they could just disable the SIM, but will they be able to:
  • access the device storage (whether internal or external)?
  • access call logs etc. and contacts? I guess they'd be able to view texts via the phone company?
  • disable the phone remotely so that it doesn't turn on?

Thanks for any advice
22nd May 2020, 08:35 PM |#2  
Senior Moderator - Cookie Monster
Flag diffusing a bomb of sorts somewhere on XDA with nothing but a paperclip and a wad of chewing gum.
Thanks Meter: 3,659

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLu8i

Hi

To what extent can employers control an android company phone? I'm sure they could just disable the SIM, but will they be able to:

• access call logs etc. and contacts? I guess they'd be able to view texts via the phone company?

Thanks for any advice

Depends on the MDM the IT department is using. I use Google Admin Console. I can remotely wipe and lock my company-owned Android devices. GAC has started playing nicely with Apple devices, so I can do the same to iOS device we own, too. Seeing files, though? Yeah, if they're using some beefy MDM and it has full device permissions, anything goes if it's set up that way. But then again, if it's a company-owned device, there's no expectation of privacy, and all data on the device is the company's.
27th May 2020, 01:43 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLu8i

Hi

Thanks for any advice

Best bet, just don't use it for anything that you want to keep to yourself.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)