FORUMS

[Q] Factory reset a rooted phone with xposed framework installed

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By maddyn73, Junior Member on 18th September 2014, 08:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi
I own a rooted galaxy s3 phone running stock OS 4.3 jelly bean. I have installed xposed installer on my phone. I want to factory reset my phone now. Can I do it directly without uninstalling xposed apllication. Or am i required to use the uninstall framework option first which is found on opening xposed application.I have done factory reset many a times before prior to installing xposed. But now I am little concerned about xposed application cos I think that can cause my handset go faulty if I dont remove it properly. Please help me out with this.

Thank you.
NOOK!E
18th September 2014, 09:19 PM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyn73

Hi
I own a rooted galaxy s3 phone running stock OS 4.3 jelly bean. I have installed xposed installer on my phone. I want to factory reset my phone now. Can I do it directly without uninstalling xposed apllication. Or am i required to use the uninstall framework option first which is found on opening xposed application.I have done factory reset many a times before prior to installing xposed. But now I am little concerned about xposed application cos I think that can cause my handset go faulty if I dont remove it properly. Please help me out with this.

Thank you.

Yes, you can safely do a factory reset without uninstalling the Xposed application. A full factory reset will merely reset everything, and therefore remove the Xposed framework safely without causing any damage.

Be sure that you use the recovery mode method to reset, though - don't factory reset while your phone is on (like from the settings menu), as that will not restore everything to stock, it will just erase the data itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
20th September 2014, 01:54 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenookieforlife3

Yes, you can safely do a factory reset without uninstalling the Xposed application. A full factory reset will merely reset everything, and therefore remove the Xposed framework safely without causing any damage.

Be sure that you use the recovery mode method to reset, though - don't factory reset while your phone is on (like from the settings menu), as that will not restore everything to stock, it will just erase the data itself.

Will I loose the root access if I reset it via recovery mode?
NOOK!E
20th September 2014, 02:12 AM |#4  

More
Quote:

Will I loose the root access if I reset it via recovery mode?

Unfortunately, yes. You will need to reroot after factory resetting.
20th September 2014, 09:20 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenookieforlife3

Unfortunately, yes. You will need to reroot after factory resetting.

Okay.I dont want to reroot the phone. So I guess the only option left with me is to do factory data reset via settings>Factory data reset . Right?
NOOK!E
20th September 2014, 12:02 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Okay.I dont want to reroot the phone. So I guess the only option left with me is to do factory data reset via settings>Factory data reset . Right?

I'd actually recommend doing it the "Power+Volume button" method to boot into recovery and reset from there.

Be sure to thank my posts if I helped you!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
20th September 2014, 12:29 PM |#7  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2

More
For the record, some phones don't have recoveries. The GravityBox module of Xposed has an option to add Recovery rebooting to the power menu. If that option just results in restarting your phone as usual then you may not have a recovery.
NOOK!E
20th September 2014, 12:37 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbermaniac

For the record, some phones don't have recoveries. The GravityBox module of Xposed has an option to add Recovery rebooting to the power menu. If that option just results in restarting your phone as usual then you may not have a recovery.

Correct.

If your phone happens not to have a recovery, I'd highly recommend ClockworkMod. It works great, is very reliable, and has a lot of options.
8th March 2016, 10:45 AM |#9  

More
My phone does not turn on after you install Xposed . Since my phone displays the logo but does not start .
Please help me
10th February 2017, 05:17 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

Hi

Thank you.

I got the same problem here I didn't uninstaled xposed framework before factory reset on my S3. And now I can't even login to my snapchat because I couldn't intall xposed again just to uninstal the framework option
Please if you have any method of doing it just email me on [email protected] !!?
10th February 2017, 05:36 AM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Blackwell

I got the same problem here I didn't uninstaled xposed framework before factory reset on my S3. And now I can't even login to my snapchat because I couldn't intall xposed again just to uninstal the framework option
Please if you have any method of doing it just email me on [email protected] !!?

There should be a Xposed uninstaller.zip that you flash in recovery to remove Xposed and it's effects, flash the zip then wipe cache and Dalvik/ART.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)