FORUMS

Can you flash old patchedmagisk boot.img on a phone that has been ota updated

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Lhark, Junior Member on 23rd May 2020, 08:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Device: Cherry mobile Flare S5 plus
Chipset: MT6753

- i used magisk to patch the boot img of my device to gain root, through flashing it by Sp flash tool. Couple of months later i updated the device through software update (ota update) which then i lost my root privilege. Android version is still the same, performance upgrade and bug fixes are the only things the ota update did.

Q: Can i still use the old patched boot.img to root my device which i updated through ota update?

( i dont want to use a custom recovery, because it always buggy even it says its compatible for my device )
( i cant get the current boot.img of the phone due to some reasons [buggy custom recovery] )

if you have more questions about the device, ill answer it right away.
23rd May 2020, 09:21 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhark

Device: Cherry mobile Flare S5 plus
Chipset: MT6753

- i used magisk to patch the boot img of my device to gain root, through flashing it by Sp flash tool. Couple of months later i updated the device through software update (ota update) which then i lost my root privilege. Android version is still the same, performance upgrade and bug fixes are the only things the ota update did.

Q: Can i still use the old patched boot.img to root my device which i updated through ota update?

( i dont want to use a custom recovery, because it always buggy even it says its compatible for my device )
( i cant get the current boot.img of the phone due to some reasons [buggy custom recovery] )

if you have more questions about the device, ill answer it right away.

OTA has nothing to do with whether Magisk patched boot.img can be flashed or not.

The only thing that really has an affect on whether you can flash the patched .img is whether or not the bootloader is locked.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)