FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Forking AOSP Keyboard and Compiling with Android Studio

179 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By David B., Senior Member on 15th June 2019, 01:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,

I am interested in forking the AOSP keyboard and compiling it with Android Studio, but I am having a hard time doing so.

I have already cloned the repo from here: https://android.googlesource.com/pla...thods/LatinIME

When I try to open it in Android Studio however, I am running in to issues. I found online that I apparently need to import it as an Eclipse project to add Gradle to it, which I have tried as well, but I still cannot get the project recognized. I also tried importing just the "java" folder, which worked after I fixed the Gradle errors and the missing class errors by copying the classes from the other folders in to the appropriate location in the java folder. Doing that, I was able to compile the keyboard, but trying to use it results in it crashing with the following error in logcat: Could not load native library jni_latinime

What is wrong and does anyone know how I can fix it? Ideally, I would like to use a project structure that does not involve moving other classes around as I have been doing so that I can stay up to date with the official repo with minimal merge conflicts. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)