FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Gome U7 Persistent Popup / Notification

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By pmechtler1, Junior Member on 8th May 2019, 10:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience or any ideas to resolve this issue I am having with my new Gome U7.

While using the phone, I constantly get popups saying I should add Iris for security. And when I actually scan my Iris and have it saved in the system, I get a different popup saying Iris is already inputted (no picture of this, sorry).

I am trying to find a way to disable this. I searched through the system.img and couldn't find any apks or anything remotely named "iris".
I am attaching a screenshot of the log of what happens in the system during these popups.

Thanks in advance!

10th May 2019, 06:13 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Update: I flashed phone back to stock Chinese ROM (GomeOS 2.0) and I get the popups even there. I also tried flashing into the ROM that comes with the phone and the problem still persists.

Is there a possibility that I am not flashing/erasing all of the data on the phone and there is something that still persists? I am using SPtools and when I input the scatter file, I make sure all the files are checked. I then flash TWRP boot.img and recovery.img successfully (and root the phone), but again, same popup comes up in android.
11th May 2019, 06:00 AM |#3  
Flag Halifax, Nova Scotia
Thanks Meter: 186

Donate to Me
More
Can you disable the iris scan option after you input it? From this vid it looks like you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mHj89zO4s
16th May 2019, 07:10 AM |#4  

More
Sorry to ask
But how did u get the China ROM I have been looking for it
Like two months and I couldn't find it yet
21st May 2019, 08:51 PM |#5  

More
what sim did you use in the UK? i tried Virgin mobile and got no 4g connection TIA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)