FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google Playstore 16.7.21

1,274 posts
Thanks Meter: 364

By Darkat70, Senior Member on 21st September 2019, 11:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am noticing that in the playstore latest version 16.7.21 My apps & games tab, the beta apps tab has now disappeared or been removed.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
31st December 2019, 10:48 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
I have been having a back and forth email fight with Google regarding their proprietary Play Store software which for some unknown reason keeps dropping my Beta Apps List in My Apps and Games.

For the last 4 emails they keep telling me that my firmware is in BETA and therefore Samsung Problem . And i keep telling them its NOT. And since the Play Store is owned and created maintained by Google that this is a bug and their responsibility.

However they say its NOT.

Why does nobody in the world these days have the sense to understand and listen to the customer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191231-203842_Gmail.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	4914929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191231-203910_Gmail.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	4914931   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191231-195158_Settings.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	4914933  
14th January 2020, 08:37 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkat70

I have been having a back and forth email fight with Google regarding their proprietary Play Store software which for some unknown reason keeps dropping my Beta Apps List in My Apps and Games.

For the last 4 emails they keep telling me that my firmware is in BETA and therefore Samsung Problem . And i keep telling them its NOT. And since the Play Store is owned and created maintained by Google that this is a bug and their responsibility.

However they say its NOT.

Why does nobody in the world these days have the sense to understand and listen to the customer.

Seems that the only way I can fix the issue is to clear data and cache from play services and cache from playstore.

Annoying though, its gotta be done daily or twice a day on occasions.

Have the latest playstore version 18 and play services. Dosent make any difference whatsoever.

Google need to find the glitch and repair it.
15th January 2020, 01:23 AM |#4  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,660

More
Is play store showing uncertified at the bottom of play store settings?
15th January 2020, 01:39 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Is play store showing uncertified at the bottom of play store settings?

It's certified and updated to the latest version and latest play services.

It's strange because the other Google Account on the phone doesn't do it. Which is why I think it is something to do with Google and an issue with my account.

I had an issue with my carriers data usage app, it would give me errors and not let me use it. That turned out to be an issue with my account on their end.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200115-113500_Google Play Store.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	4926733  
15th January 2020, 02:53 AM |#6  
Forum Moderator

More
Have you tried removing the problem account, rebooting then adding the account back?
15th January 2020, 03:52 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Have you tried removing the problem account, rebooting then adding the account back?

Yes tried that, which was one of Google's suggested fixes but did not work.

But for some reason Google are adamant that my firmware is beta, even though I provided them a screenshot. They keep mentioning its Samsung at fault, i don't see how when it's Google Playstore and /or Google play services or account server at fault.
15th January 2020, 03:59 AM |#8  
Forum Moderator

More
I think that the ROM framework can affect play services. There were plenty of issues on custom ROMs on my old N6 back in the day.

The fact that Google was stating the firmware is in beta was what made me wonder if the device was certified.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
15th January 2020, 04:27 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I think that the ROM framework can affect play services. There were plenty of issues on custom ROMs on my old N6 back in the day.

The fact that Google was stating the firmware is in beta was what made me wonder if the device was certified.

The last thing to try is a factory reset, but then I have to mess around with Google Pay, which always is a royal Pain in the butt my bank is usable on Pay, but i always have to contact them to set up. My other Bank just asks to login to the app then approves it.

Might stick with cleaning data and cache and see if anything gets fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)