FORUMS

[GUIDE] How to root Ulefone armor 7E

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Artzert, Junior Member on 13th June 2020, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Warning: This guide will void your warranty, I am not responsible for bricked devices.
Warning: This root method does NOT pass safetynet checks, i do not know why.
Warning: This guide will wipe your device.
Note: This would probably work for the Ulefone armor 7 too, but I haven't tested it yet since I don't have the phone.
REQUIREMENTS
Harware
-Phone
-Computer
-USB-C Cable
Software
-Minimal ADB and Fastboot - link
-Drivers for your phone - link (reboot required)
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Step 1: Download the latest rom for your phone (link).
Step 2: Copy the boot.img file and paste it on your phone.
Step 3: Download magisk manager (the app), and install it.
Step 4: In magisk, select install, then patch onto file, then select the boot.img you copied earlier.
Step 5: Wait for the install to finish.
Step 6: In the directory you copied boot.img to, there sould now be a magisk_patched.img file, save it to your pc in C:\Programfiles (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot\ or where you installed adb and fastboot.
Step 7: Enable developper options (spam tap build number in the about phone section, then access it in the system section).
Step 8: Enable USB-Debugging and OEM unlocking (if your phone ask to allow your computer to acces usb debugging, check always trust device, and accept).
Step 9: Launch minimal ADB and fastboot, and enter
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Step 10: Wait for the phone to boot into fastboot mode, then enter
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
or
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
, then enter
Code:
fastboot reboot
Step 11: After unlocking the phone, reboot, set your phone up, and do step 7-9 again.
Step 12: When your phone enters fastboot mode again, enter
Code:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
, after it competed enter
Code:
fastboot reboot
Step 13: Enjoy your rooted phone.
FAQ

Ask you question below!
If you wonder why this english is written poorly, I'm not a native english speaker.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artzert For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Artzert Ad-Free
18th June 2020, 03:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Maybe I can save some time for some of you because I could only root this way:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot -i 0x0E8D devices
fastboot -i 0x0E8D flashing unlock
fastboot -i 0x0E8D flash boot magisk_patched.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending 'boot' (10612 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.530s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.156s]
finished. total time: 0.718s

C:\adb>fastboot -i 0x0E8D reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.016s

Without -i 0x0E8D switch it was only waiting for device forever. (Win7 32bit)
19th June 2020, 08:33 AM |#3  

More
Thank you for this guide! The root is working. However in SafetyNet Check ctsProfile is false. Do you have the same? I've tried to install riro manager but it gives "Riru not found in memory" error. I also tried to fix it with MagiskHide Props Config module without success so far. Do you have an idea how to fix it?

Edit: magisk-riru-v21.2 gave the error above. The older version v19.7 is working, ctsProfile: True in Magisk but SafetyNet checker apps from Play store still show false.
(managed to debloat with Magisk module [MODULE][Terminal] Debloater v17.3.2 )
21st June 2020, 04:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for this. I was able to figure out why I kept getting scatter file errors. I bought this for TMO band 71 access as it is claimed that this device supports it. I have an S10 right next to it that gets band 71 this Ulefone device does not ever access 71. Have any of you see band 71, or know of a band menu to verify that the band is actually enabled on the device?
26th June 2020, 02:38 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecast2024

Thanks for this. I was able to figure out why I kept getting scatter file errors. I bought this for TMO band 71 access as it is claimed that this device supports it. I have an S10 right next to it that gets band 71 this Ulefone device does not ever access 71. Have any of you see band 71, or know of a band menu to verify that the band is actually enabled on the device?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2vqmdPqscE for me band 71 is enabled
28th June 2020, 04:36 PM |#6  

More
I attempted to do this. Got all the way through flashing the boot.img file. But, it would keep kicking me into fastboot every time it attempted to boot. I couldn't get past that. Any thoughts or shared experience on that?
29th June 2020, 10:27 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur10

I attempted to do this. Got all the way through flashing the boot.img file. But, it would keep kicking me into fastboot every time it attempted to boot. I couldn't get past that. Any thoughts or shared experience on that?

Do you have also Armor 7E_TF2_EEA_V01 X90HS8F7.GQU.Ulefone.EEA.HB.FHD.ASTL.1225.V3.01? Did you use Magisk Manager v7.5.1?
30th June 2020, 12:02 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_a_m_i

Do you have also Armor 7E_TF2_EEA_V01 X90HS8F7.GQU.Ulefone.EEA.HB.FHD.ASTL.1225.V3.01? Did you use Magisk Manager v7.5.1?

Same Magisk manager version, but the version I downloaded for the Armor 7E was X90HS8F7.GQU.Ulefone.HB.FHD.ASTL.1226.V3.01

So, one digit off. I'll see if I can find the older version.
30th June 2020, 07:44 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur10

Same Magisk manager version, but the version I downloaded for the Armor 7E was X90HS8F7.GQU.Ulefone.HB.FHD.ASTL.1226.V3.01

So, one digit off. I'll see if I can find the older version.

1226 is non EU version. Do you have non EU version phone? If you have EU version phone try to download EU version (1225) at the link above in the guide.
30th June 2020, 08:11 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_a_m_i

1226 is non EU version. Do you have non EU version phone? If you have EU version phone try to download EU version (1225) at the link above in the guide.

I'm the non-EU version phone. So, I'm not sure what's wrong. I decided to do a full ROM reinstall and that was successful. I'll probably try the process again tonight and see if it takes this time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)