FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HDMI MHL - Shutting off phone display while connected to Sentio Desktop?

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mozillameister, Junior Member on 6th December 2017, 02:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Working on a project to turn my phone into a desktop without a need for too specialized adapters and without root. Using my LG G5 for testing this. Have a MHL USB Type C adapter that contains USB, HDMI, and Type C in (charging). The setup works well, and I'm able to hook in my keyboard, monitor, and mouse perfectly. Screen resolution is slightly cut off on the top and bottom edges. It seems to mirror the display of my device. Could imagine it troublesome for taller phones like the S8.

This can be fixed without root, as you can give Sentio Desktop permissions to edit the display settings.

HOWEVER, I don't see anyway to turn off the display when plugged into the adapter and keep running the same.

This is more of a long-term problem. Having the screen on for extended period of time will cause heat issues, not to mention wear on the screen.

Is there any kind of way to turn off the phone's display when hooked in, akin to closing the lid on a Mac when hooked to a monitor (without root preferably)?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)