FORUMS

I need help with this Alcatel Jitterbug smart phone

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Gummito, Junior Member on 24th May 2018, 11:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Experts, I have a question about this Alcatel Jitterbug A622LJBS1 smart phone (This is the model that specifies the back part) and the battery says Alcatel One Touch. This phone belongs to the company greatcall and this has a modified android.

The problem I have with this phone, is that I do not have the original chip or sim card of the company, and this asks me for an activation as shown in the image:

My questions are: Is there an original ROM of this device? or if I can put the Rom of another model? or how can I solve the activation of the phone?

From already thank you very much!
27th May 2018, 10:46 AM |#2  
Flag FOLSOM
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I WAS GIVEN ONE OF THESE A WEEK AGO.
It is more simple than you would believe. At first I thought it would need a rom too. Or maybe I could root and bypass somehow.....

Nope,, I put in a non working Verizon Sim Card and when you get to the activAvation screen where it asked for a email or gmail account SLOW DOWN AND READ THE SCREEN...
You can simply skip adding an account..... then the phone booted right up for me and i set it up as i pleased.
Um, If im missing something, well, I did to a factory reset,then a hard reset..... I BELIEVE HAVING THE SIM CARD WAS ALL IT NEEDED.

Now I have full access, have turned on Developer Mode, it also has the OEM unlock feature, so im assuming this TRAC PHONE is going to have a built in recovery..... The only trac phone I messed with before is still in a box and will never recover from the brick i DROPPED ON IT.
28th May 2018, 12:15 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloWmotion01

I WAS GIVEN ONE OF THESE A WEEK AGO.
It is more simple than you would believe. At first I thought it would need a rom too. Or maybe I could root and bypass somehow.....

Nope,, I put in a non working Verizon Sim Card and when you get to the activAvation screen where it asked for a email or gmail account SLOW DOWN AND READ THE SCREEN...
You can simply skip adding an account..... then the phone booted right up for me and i set it up as i pleased.
Um, If im missing something, well, I did to a factory reset,then a hard reset..... I BELIEVE HAVING THE SIM CARD WAS ALL IT NEEDED.

Now I have full access, have turned on Developer Mode, it also has the OEM unlock feature, so im assuming this TRAC PHONE is going to have a built in recovery..... The only trac phone I messed with before is still in a box and will never recover from the brick i DROPPED ON IT.

Thanks for your comment, the friend problem is that I do not live in the United States, my dad gave me this phone so I do not have access to any of the companies in that country, so I asked if you could change the ROM to jump the Activation step.
28th May 2018, 11:10 AM |#4  
Flag FOLSOM
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Try a Hard Reset, not a factory reset..... Hold the power button and vol button Up button until the phone reboots.... if it takes you to the recovery then wipe it from there and also wipe the cache. then reboot with any cdma sim card and see what that does for you.... I also now have the active dialer codes of the phone... My favorite APP for any phone is MIXPLORER. It lets me disect the apk's and thats where all codes are hidden with exception of the unlock codes of course. I still havnt figured that out.

If that doesnt work for you then I will let you know that the phone is the same, AND (SHOULD )be compatible with alcatel one-touch pixie 3. However, My first attempts at unlocking the bootloader have failed, if its locked... suppose i should check that.....
I will be putting CM12 or Lineage Os On this phone soon..... or Ill brick it trying......
Good Luck to you.
If no sim cards work for you then order a Verizon sim on the internet.... or I could send you the one I have...
23rd August 2018, 01:46 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same problem plsssssss how can I get your simcard
15th June 2019, 05:47 PM |#6  

More
i have a jitterbug smart 2 off ebay and it takes forever on the setup screen after factory reset and then i wait like twenty minute and this sceen pops up and says setup failure please contact customer support and refer error code 2, that was the first error code, i tried again and got the second code which was error code 5 after i switched the sim card, third time and still nothing but the long finishing setup screen and setup failure, please help
16th December 2019, 09:14 AM |#7  

More
Try this!
I can tell you a temp fix. I am here now on smart2 jitterbug.
Force reboot. When phone is starting , it takes it a moment to kick into finish setup mode. Quickly drop down notifications, go into settings, choose apps, choose show system apps, quickly empty cache and disable setup wizard. There are 2 different ones. One it into let you disable, but you can first stop, and clear cache. You may have to make a few attempts. I'm assuming your on wifi, so walk as far as possible without disconnecting but enough to lag your connection is helpful, in the effort. Also I disabled the permissions the apps had also alter system and perform on top of other apps. I just did this. There is a way to disable other apps I know. I haven't had an opportunity to do this yet.
16th December 2019, 06:28 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitcrumbs

I can tell you a temp fix. I am here now on smart2 jitterbug.
Force reboot. When phone is starting , it takes it a moment to kick into finish setup mode. Quickly drop down notifications, go into settings, choose apps, choose show system apps, quickly empty cache and disable setup wizard. There are 2 different ones. One it into let you disable, but you can first stop, and clear cache. You may have to make a few attempts. I'm assuming your on wifi, so walk as far as possible without disconnecting but enough to lag your connection is helpful, in the effort. Also I disabled the permissions the apps had also alter system and perform on top of other apps. I just did this. There is a way to disable other apps I know. I haven't had an opportunity to do this yet.

This seemed to work for a moment for me. I disabled both setup wizards and I was finally able to use the phone for an extra 2 minutes or so but then the phone just rebooted on it's on. When it came back up, the same "Finishing setup" crap started after about 20 seconds. I checked the Setup Wizards and they were both still disabled, so how can the "Finishing Setup" still be running?

Update: actually the 2nd setup wizard app can't be disabled. I tried to force stop it but it doesn't seem to stop. Any suggestions?
The Following User Says Thank You to Modify_inc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Modify_inc Ad-Free
20th December 2019, 10:26 AM |#9  

More
My battery went dead and when I booted back up I had to wrestle with it again. On the wizard that doesn't let you disable it, did you clear the cache? Where it says storage, you go there and clear cache and data. My gboard started error looping me, I force close and temp disabled then cleared cache and data and re-enabled. This fixed it. Now this is only a temp solution to use the jitterbug. And stop the setup loop. I have a lot of experience bypassing for locked phones, and I knew this technique from a bypass. I will experiment more, and look for a permanent solution. I have never rooted a phone before and this seems like a good specimen.

The technique I was speaking of involved disabling Google play services, play store, and device manager, also. Re installing a new device manager and play service. It let you get through and add an account to the phone, without forcing you to add the account, you lost access too...
14th February 2020, 03:13 AM |#10  
Lakhssas
Thanks Meter: 3

More
First in the world solution for fully bypass the setup
Follow this one by one
1 - put a sim card with a pin code and boot the phone
2 after boot you will get a swipe screen lock ( or press power button to turn of and on the screen )
3 - go down and press emergency call two times
3 - put pin code and phone dialer will open
4 - put this code *#*#4636#*#*
5 - testing tab will show go to usage stastics
6 - use back button from the testing tab not the phone back button
7 - settings tab will show up go to wifi and connect to internet
8 - go security and make a screen lock from setting + enable unknow sources installation
9 - turn off the screen and on with power button
10 - screen lock will show up press two time on camera and put screen lock
11 - take a picture + swipe the camera to go to captured picture
12 - press on share button and go to email not GMAIL ... log to outlook email
13 - no need to send the pic ... use back button on touch to back to email main front ( not back button on phone )
14 - download shortcuts maker apk from another phone or pc
15 - use another outlook accout to send apk app to the phone email
16 - after receive apk install it + open
17 - find setup wizard you will see to two apps
18 - press the second one and swip down to the last one
19 - press try and finish the setup
20- launcher will activate
21 - DONE

( if you got the frp ... after you connect to wifi ... a lot of methods to bypass it )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-02-14-02-19-42.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	4950007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-02-14-02-19-47.png
Views:	18
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	4950009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-02-14-02-20-00.png
Views:	20