FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any help rooting or unlocking bootloader on the incredibly unpopular Blu Life One X3?

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Xiione, Junior Member on 6th July 2018, 04:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So, here's my problem:
I bought a Blu Life One X3 late last year since it was on sale for $150 ($100 lower than the current MSRP).
Since it was still a new release, I thought that the modders would come after it eventually, so I just waited it out.
Many months later, there has been little to no word about any sort of root method, it seems like the Life One X3 turned out to be very unpopular.

So far, I have been able to get it into the OEM unlock screen using adb, prompting a press of either of the volume buttons to confirm unlock, only that the volume up button won't do anything, and the volume down just cancels the process.

Any help at all?
Big thanks!

30th July 2018, 10:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Ferchito
Hi Xiione,
I bought a couple of X3s recently and I was also expecting some development for them already but I only found your thread.

I think there are chances to root the X3 and install customs rooms since it has the same chipset as the BLU Vivo 5 (Chipset Mediatek MT6753, CPU Octa-core 1.3 GHz) and the Vivo 5 has extensive coverage and even kernel sources available. Vivo 5 doesn't have a fingerprint sensor but the BLU Life One X2 Mini has one that I'd be willing to bet is the same as the X3, so drivers may work for it too. This is the route I will follow but I'm only getting started with this stuff so it will probably take a few weeks to get some results.

Hopefully others will join
Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to Ferchito For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ferchito Ad-Free
30th July 2018, 10:54 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Hey dude!

Glad to see at least one other living human that bought the same phone... good to hear that there might be some hope for this poor device after all.

I'm not so experienced in this area, so there is only so much I can achieve at the moment. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you if any developments arise, I'll do my best to dig around for a solution.

- Xiione
29th August 2018, 10:27 PM |#4  

More
anyone find a method
ive been trying to find an one click to root my blu life 1x3 but no luck what so ever. Has any one had any luck yet
30th August 2018, 08:36 PM |#5  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 20,885

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonKing420

ive been trying to find an one click to root my blu life 1x3 but no luck what so ever. Has any one had any luck yet

You will not find a one click root for that device. The problem is Blu is still recovery from their security scandal. So most people won't buy their devices.
16th September 2018, 03:42 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
funny thing is... i don't really consider rooting devices as necessary as it once was (for me). But still... it bugs me to no end i can't get this phone rooted.

I'm having the same problem as the OP.. i'm able to get into fastboot mode, but oem unlock option leads to a dead volume up button which leaves me nowhere. it really is to bad there's so little interest in BLU. they make decent phones at great prices, imo. but i also know they make it very difficult for developers as well.. difficult to get source and such. ...
16th September 2018, 06:36 PM |#7  
Flag Anchorage

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_david

funny thing is... i don't really consider rooting devices as necessary as it once was (for me). But still... it bugs me to no end i can't get this phone rooted.

I'm having the same problem as the OP.. i'm able to get into fastboot mode, but oem unlock option leads to a dead volume up button which leaves me nowhere. it really is to bad there's so little interest in BLU. they make decent phones at great prices, imo. but i also know they make it very difficult for developers as well.. difficult to get source and such. ...

They are unpopular due to the security issues the company has faced. Not to mention they are just rebranded chinese devices. Which is why sourse is hard to get for them as they dont really make the devices.
18th September 2018, 07:35 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

They are unpopular due to the security issues the company has faced. Not to mention they are just rebranded chinese devices. Which is why sourse is hard to get for them as they dont really make the devices.

I understand the security concerns. However, it's inconceivable that they would not have source, regardless of where the phones come from. If they released the code, more secure versions of the OS could be made available.
18th September 2018, 02:24 PM |#9  
Flag Anchorage

More
Quote:

I understand the security concerns. However, it's inconceivable that they would not have source, regardless of where the phones come from. If they released the code, more secure versions of the OS could be made available.

It's very common with rebranded Chinese phones. Micromax (and oem in India) had the same issue. The main issue is the oem doesn't release it as it's not required in China. And no it couldn't. The kernel source is only a small part of it.

Best bet is to be more selective with your next device purchase
18th September 2018, 02:26 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

It's very common with rebranded Chinese phones. Micromax (and oem in India) had the same issue. The main issue is the oem doesn't release it as it's not required in China. And no it couldn't. The kernel source is only a small part of it.

Best bet is to be more selective with your next device purchase

That's funny.
18th September 2018, 02:29 PM |#11  
Flag Anchorage

More
Quote:

That's funny.

Either way it's still the truth. Just do better research next time. Good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)