FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any help rooting or unlocking bootloader on the incredibly unpopular Blu Life One X3?

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Xiione, Junior Member on 6th July 2018, 04:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2018, 12:10 AM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleyverAG


Please friend, upload a video. Following everything explained, the root was impossible. I repeated the process three times and I have not succeeded, every time I do I have to flash the firmware again because it does not go from the BLU logo with the white background, it does not even reach the bootanimation. Thank you! Excuse me, I'm using a translator!

PS: I have the bootloader blocked. The firmware used is BLU_L0150WW_V7.0.04.10_GENERIC 08-24-2018 11:09

Hi there friend, I don't really have the chance to create a video. I did it with two phones with exactly the same firmware as yours (LU_L0150WW_V7.0.04.10_GENERIC 08-24-2018 11:09) and everything works just fine following every step of the guide I posted. Just make sure you are not forgetting anything.
Send me some contact info and I'll help you over WhatsApp or Viber. That will take less time than creating a video.
 
 
4th December 2018, 12:15 AM |#32  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Yesterday, my phone randomly stopped booting to android. It wouldn't stop rebooting to TWRP, even if I chose to shut the device down within TWRP. I ended up using SP Flash Tool to flash the stock firmware and reinstall my apps. At this point, I'm too scared to try and replicate the process again, so I'll linger around until others are able to successfully complete the operation. Good luck to all!
4th December 2018, 06:11 AM |#33  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiione

Yesterday, my phone randomly stopped booting to android. It wouldn't stop rebooting to TWRP, even if I chose to shut the device down within TWRP. I ended up using SP Flash Tool to flash the stock firmware and reinstall my apps. At this point, I'm too scared to try and replicate the process again, so I'll linger around until others are able to successfully complete the operation. Good luck to all!

Hi Xiione,

It is not a RANDOM thing. BLU published a software update and the phone tried to apply it automatically. The normal boot was modified by the update to boot into recovery (expecting to have the original recovery which would complete the update) but instead finding the TWRP which ignores the update (and the loop repeats).

Same thing happened on both my phones earlier today and I used the opportunity to investigate how to modify a recovery image
I created a new recovery with the proper partition info and now, after the update ran on your stock image, you should be able to install *this* TWRP and root again with SuperSU.

Here's the fixed TWRP:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18x...8APQTTvm6mXO9c

I did it on my two phones and they are booting normally (and rooted of course)

Just install this one with the scatter file you already have and install SuperSU.

No need to even use Sideload, because now you can access all partitions normally from TWRP and the phone's internal storage from your computer.
Just copy the superSU zip to the phone and choose 'Install zip' from within TWRP.

Regards
F
The Following User Says Thank You to Ferchito For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ferchito Ad-Free
6th December 2018, 12:45 AM |#34  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
god bless
You, sir, have the patience of a ****in' saint.
Thank you so much. After trial and error, I managed to get my lil ol' BLOX3 rooted. Thank you so much for making such an effort for some random stranger on the internet... the world truly needs more people like you.
I wish there were a way I could thank you for your help.

Truest thanks,
Xiione
9th December 2018, 07:23 AM |#35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiione

You, sir, have the patience of a ****in' saint.
Thank you so much. After trial and error, I managed to get my lil ol' BLOX3 rooted. Thank you so much for making such an effort for some random stranger on the internet... the world truly needs more people like you.
I wish there were a way I could thank you for your help.

Truest thanks,
Xiione

No problem my friend. Happy to see you are finally rooted

Now I'm trying to compile LineageOS ROM for this phone. My goal is to run an android version on this phone free of all the crap introduced by BLU, the manufacturer...

If successful I will let you know.
Cheers
17th December 2018, 03:51 AM |#36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Firmware update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferchito

Hi there friend, I don't really have the chance to create a video. I did it with two phones with exactly the same firmware as yours (LU_L0150WW_V7.0.04.10_GENERIC 08-24-2018 11:09) and everything works just fine following every step of the guide I posted. Just make sure you are not forgetting anything.
Send me some contact info and I'll help you over WhatsApp or Viber. That will take less time than creating a video.

Hi friend! There is a novelty, my device has been updated to the latest firmware version which is BLU_L150WW_V7.0.04.12_GENERIC 11-15-2018 11: 22.Now I would like to know if with this new firmware it is possible to apply root with the method that you provides.
PS: I have the bootloader blocked. Sorry for my English, I'm using the Google translator
16th January 2019, 09:05 PM |#37  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey buddy, I followed your guide however sp flash tools says the scatter file has a invalid format 5011 and regardless of the edits i make to it it never wants to work. I tried every other way to get a scatter file for this device like from mtk driod tools however the 'block maps' are empty and it doesn't fully read the blu life one x3. I tried the scatter file prior to the security update and then i tried it after however it won't work.

Any help from anyone on this error would be greatly appreciated and I'l even donate to your patreon if you have one.

Thank you kindly, and look forward to your reply's.
16th January 2019, 09:12 PM |#38  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
scatter file not working
Hi guys, i tried the scatter file in sp tools however it won't work. I tried it prior to the security update by blu and after however it's the same. I tried editing the header to remove some of the '####" however nothing will work. I can't make a scatter file from mtk driod tools because it's not fully supported by the 6573 chipset and won't read the device properly. Any help guys? How did you guys make a scatter file? Just copy and paste into notepad? Thanks
18th January 2019, 09:39 PM |#39  
jasonstackhouse's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 610
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferchito

Hi Xiione,

It is not a RANDOM thing. BLU published a software update and the phone tried to apply it automatically. The normal boot was modified by the update to boot into recovery (expecting to have the original recovery which would complete the update) but instead finding the TWRP which ignores the update (and the loop repeats).

Same thing happened on both my phones earlier today and I used the opportunity to investigate how to modify a recovery image
I created a new recovery with the proper partition info and now, after the update ran on your stock image, you should be able to install *this* TWRP and root again with SuperSU.

Here's the fixed TWRP:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18x...8APQTTvm6mXO9c

I did it on my two phones and they are booting normally (and rooted of course)

Just install this one with the scatter file you already have and install SuperSU.

No need to even use Sideload, because now you can access all partitions normally from TWRP and the phone's internal storage from your computer.
Just copy the superSU zip to the phone and choose 'Install zip' from within TWRP.

Regards
F

The twrp file you have listed in your link works to boot recovery in twrp, however the new twrp file requires encryption. I have tried all working methods of side stepping the encryption that work on other devices. For example, I made sure to remove all screen locks, to none at all. This normally allows you to bypass the pin required to use twrp. Not In this instance though, even with no screen locks or pin in place the twrp file is still requiring a pin to decrypt trwp. I even tried setting a pin up for the screen lock, and when doing so the pin still fails to decrypt twrp. This renders twrp unusable.

Also, your previous method also fails, as twrp will not allow you to write to the device with the bootloader never being unlocked. The main issue preventing this phone from working with trwp is the bootloader. On my device the bootloader is un-named and fastboot will not allow the bootloader to be unlocked. I have tried everything possible to unlock the bootloader, and each time I am given the option to toggle the volume up key to unlock the bootloader and toggle down key to deny the bootloader unlock request. Unfortunately, volume up doesn't work, it's apparently disabled, so no matter how many times I press the up button nothing happens. The only options I have are to hit down bottom and deny the request, or let fatboot time out and it denies the request. My volume buttons work fine, so this is not a firmware issue, this is an issue with the ghetto, nameless bootloader the device comes with. I do have the oem unlock tab selected in Dev options too, so it's not a mistake on my end either. Hopefully someone will make an actual working breakthrough on this device.
18th January 2019, 09:54 PM |#40  
jasonstackhouse's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 610
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootblulifex3

Hi guys, i tried the scatter file in sp tools however it won't work. I tried it prior to the security update by blu and after however it's the same. I tried editing the header to remove some of the '####" however nothing will work. I can't make a scatter file from mtk driod tools because it's not fully supported by the 6573 chipset and won't read the device properly. Any help guys? How did you guys make a scatter file? Just copy and paste into notepad? Thanks

The scatter file doesn't work for me either. I got a working scatter file from the stock rom, the download link I found for the stock rom is here http://www.mediafire.com/file/tk2o1m..._1836.zip/file

The working scatter file I took out of the stock rom that works is attached to this post as well if you don't want to download the entire stock rom file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MT6753_Android_scatter.txt - [Click for QR Code] (9.2 KB, 22 views)
19th January 2019, 04:41 AM |#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thank you for the scatter. I'm glad you mentioned the twrp being pin locked or whatever as i was just going to try and root it. From my understanding from contacting blu and endlessly searching google, a Chinese mt65 chipset coupled with blu actively going out of their way to put a lock on the bootloader means we are just about out of luck. Unless, like you say someone goes out of their way or finds some kind of breakthrough, the device is not popular enough and chipset is too old to hold on for luck. You can enable system ui tuner (some indian on youtube tutorial however you have to enable a certain setting in developer mode) for night mode and couple that with the Mira vision color temperature set to warm in the settings is the best way to remove the blue light without root. Youtube vanced, kiwi browser (chrome with no ads and night mode), retouch app. The best you can do without root. Hope this helps!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes