FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Help Thread][Unihertz Atom] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly (2018)

14,578 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,502

By sd_shadow, Recognized Contributor on 16th June 2018, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
Specific to

Unihertz Atom

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
List of supporters
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free

16th June 2018, 03:36 PM |#2  
Atom, World`s Smallest 4G Rugged Smartphone
Kickstarter page

https://www.unihertz.com/

Estimated Ship date: Oct 2018

News:

Answers from Unihertz

Q: Does Atom support Verizon?
===============

We had done a field test in Verizon network and Atom works fine with it.

==> Reserve my Atom Now

===============
Q: What is the warranty policy of Atom?
===============

We provide one-year warranty. If there’s any quality related issue, we will repair it or replace it with a new Atom for free.

==> Grab my Atom Here

===============
Q: Where is the NFC sensor located?
===============

The NFC sensor located at the back of Atom.
16th June 2018, 03:46 PM |#3  
twrp thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-atom-t3885793

1st September 2018, 07:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
I saw this question somewhere else but didn't see an answer - rumor that the Atom will have a Walkie-Talkie feature? And what the range would be? I assume if it is not using cellular the range would be fairly short - probably half mile or less but still would consider it a very neat feature.

I've seen some Apps that claim to use Wifi to directly talk to another phone with the same App on Wifi but never had much luck with that when I tried it. Range would likely be limited to a hundred feet or so.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Considering how the Atom has some fairly high end specs (Octa core, 4GB Ram, 64GB ROM) it would be nice to have a subforum for Unihertz.
1st September 2018, 07:24 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidzer1

I saw this question somewhere else but didn't see an answer - rumor that the Atom will have a Walkie-Talkie feature? And what the range would be? I assume if it is not using cellular the range would be fairly short - probably half mile or less but still would consider it a very neat feature.

I've seen some Apps that claim to use Wifi to directly talk to another phone with the same App on Wifi but never had much luck with that when I tried it. Range would likely be limited to a hundred feet or so.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Considering how the Atom has some fairly high end specs (Octa core, 4GB Ram, 64GB ROM) it would be nice to have a subforum for Unihertz.

I haven't seen anything about that.
Walkie-talkie (s) can have a range of 2 maybe 5 miles without requiring a license (USA) then up to 10 miles.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
30th September 2018, 05:11 PM |#6  
Packaging started!
30th September 2018, 05:14 PM |#7  
It won't be long now.
30th September 2018, 05:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
waiting here also,- replacing my https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...sable-t3737552

soyes is ok for emegency calls etc, but hope the atom is better.
8th October 2018, 07:23 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
retail price - do we know what it will be?
I think I recall $249 but not sure - does anyone know what the price will be from Unihertz? I can't seem to find that info on their website.
9th October 2018, 06:45 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi,
I just received my ATOM via KickStarter!
It's done very well, comfortably fit in my hands. If I could make it rooted, I would play more..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moviti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moviti Ad-Free
13th October 2018, 01:41 PM |#11  
Got mine yesterday, haven't set it up yet.
South Dakota USA

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
atom, unihertz

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)