FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help using a tablet together with a phone in a car

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Paddy0174, Junior Member on 7th November 2019, 03:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello!
I hope getting some help & ideas for a new idea I'm trying to use in my car.

I have an old Volvo, with next to no modern entertainment options, meaning a factory built-in radio (neither DIN nor Double-DIN), with no bluetooth or anything fancy. A good radio with a really good sound and equalizer (DolbySorround), but that's it. And a seperate navigation system with no online connectivity or recent updates what so ever (last update is from 2014 for a nice 300.-€).

My idea would be:
  • Tablet (in my case a Fire HD8, unlocked, rooted and with LineageOS 14)
  • Phone (Xiaomi Mi Mix2, as well with LineageOS, but LOS16)
  • Bluetooth receiver from Aukey (that I can wire in with the equalizer)
So far, so good. But here comes the problem:
I want to do some things on the tablet, like navigation, music streaming and calls. Is it possible, to connect phone and tablet in a way, I could start the music (Amazon, Google and my own Nextcloud) from the tablet, where in reality the phone makes the connection and "sends" the sound to the tablet (and from there the tablet to the BT audio receiver) or directly to the BT audio receiver, as long as I can control that from the tablet. Or the navigation (tablet) can use the internet connection from the phone. And last thing, I want to make or receive calls on the phone, but I would like to control that from the tablet as well.

I think you get the idea, what I'm trying to do here.

I'm really not sure how to start, the hardware is already here, but I'm willing to buy other stuff, as long as it works afterwards.

Any ideas or input is very welcome, I'm a little stuck here. Thanks a lot in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)