FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How do Bluetooth headphones Inlfunce battery Life of a phone?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Panorolo, Junior Member on 30th October 2019, 04:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey Guys,

I'm currently torn between the Google Pixel 3a and the OnePlus 7

The 3a only has a 3000 mAh battery but a headphone jack and the OnePlus 7 has 3700mAh but no Headphone jack. I'm a heavy music listener and 70% of me using my phone is listening to music. I am wondering how much more my batter will be drained with Bluetooth headphones in comparison to classic headphones and if the 700mAh difference is negated by the fact that I have to use Bluetooth headphones.
19th November 2019, 02:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panorolo

Hey Guys,

I'm currently torn between the Google Pixel 3a and the OnePlus 7

The 3a only has a 3000 mAh battery but a headphone jack and the OnePlus 7 has 3700mAh but no Headphone jack. I'm a heavy music listener and 70% of me using my phone is listening to music. I am wondering how much more my batter will be drained with Bluetooth headphones in comparison to classic headphones and if the 700mAh difference is negated by the fact that I have to use Bluetooth headphones.

Never used any bluetooth heaphone before, but recently I've been using a wearable device that connect to my device all the time. For me the battery drain is negliblible and almost not noticeable. I guess this is the case too with audio headphone because bluetooth is very power efficient this time around. As for wired headphone, I guess it depends on your wired headphone impedance. The higher the impedance, the more battery it sips. So my conclusion, no noticeable difference between bluetooth vs wired.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)