FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How can I create a shortcut (i.e. Tasker/other) to a specific activity inside an app?

187 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By sofakng, Senior Member on 10th October 2019, 03:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone... I'm using a couple of Android tablets (Nexus 7, Fire HD 8) as wall mounted screens for my Control4 home automation system.

I'm also using their Android application: Control4 for OS 3 (com.control4.phoenix). The application has several screens (i.e. comfort/thermostat control, camera view, security system, etc) and I'd like to use Tasker (and Fully Kiosk Browser eventually) to create shortcuts to specific screens like the camera view.

Tasker only shows the Home activity but I looked inside the manifest XML and I see several other activities:
Code:
        <activity android:name="com.control4.phoenix.comfort.thermostat.activity.ThermostatActivity" android:screenOrientation="behind"/>
        <activity android:name="com.control4.phoenix.cameras.activity.CameraListActivity" android:screenOrientation="behind"/>
        <activity android:name="com.control4.phoenix.cameras.activity.CameraActivity"/>
I've tried looking for intent-filters in the XML but I think it only supports android.intent.action.MAIN and android.intent.action.VIEW?

Is it possible to use any of this information to create a shortcut directly to these screens? I'm not too familiar with Android so I'm trying to learn this as I go. My main goal is to use Blue Iris (video surveillance software) to send a trigger to Tasker/Fully Kiosk Browser when motion is detected on my cameras and then have the Control4 Android app open to the camera view.
Attached Files
File Type: xml AndroidManifest.xml - [Click for QR Code] (16.6 KB, 0 views)
11th October 2019, 01:28 PM |#2  
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Flag NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 23,914

More
Not sure if that's directly possible since there's no intents etc. But you could probably get around it, with a slightly less neat solution, by using AutoInput.

You could do all the smarts in Tasker using AutoInput to simulate you tapping the screen to get where you need to go in the app. Then create a Tasker shortcut to this Profile, as you had originally intended.

Using Tasker, AutoInput, AutoNotification, Auto**** (the other apps on that page I linked), there's pretty much nothing you can't do

The author of those apps is really quite clever!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
activities, intent, shortcut, shortcut / ics / launcher /tasks / switcher

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)