FORUMS

How can I get rid from Xiaomi and Google trackers?

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By MiguelRbls, Junior Member on 23rd May 2020, 05:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everybody,

I was curious about which server my apps on mi Xiaomi Red Mi 6A get connected since a recent report said Xiaomi was tracking users. I've installed: NetGuard and TrackerControl and there are a few apps which I should not remove but are still connecting to the following directions:

Google:
firebaseremoteconfig.googlrapis.com
infinitedata-pa.googleapis.com
play.googleapis.com

Xiaomi:
api.ad.intl.xiaomi.com
data.mistat.intl.xiaomi.com
globalapi.ad.xiaomi.com
sdkconfig.ad.intl.xiaomi.com

My question: Is there a way to block all that addresses instead blocking the entire app?

I know I can remove bloatware rooting the phone or with the adb console, but these are system apps the phone needs to work properly. I also understand some apps may need to get connected to the Google api servers in order to work, but (I think) Xiaomi doesn't have anything to do here.

Regards!
27th May 2020, 01:36 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelRbls

Hello everybody,

I was curious about which server my apps on mi Xiaomi Red Mi 6A get connected since a recent report said Xiaomi was tracking users. I've installed: NetGuard and TrackerControl and there are a few apps which I should not remove but are still connecting to the following directions:

Google:

firebaseremoteconfig.googlrapis.com

infinitedata-pa.googleapis.com

play.googleapis.com

Xiaomi:

api.ad.intl.xiaomi.com

data.mistat.intl.xiaomi.com

globalapi.ad.xiaomi.com

sdkconfig.ad.intl.xiaomi.com

My question: Is there a way to block all that addresses instead blocking the entire app?

I know I can remove bloatware rooting the phone or with the adb console, but these are system apps the phone needs to work properly. I also understand some apps may need to get connected to the Google api servers in order to work, but (I think) Xiaomi doesn't have anything to do here.

Regards!

I'm willing to bet that if you did remove them, it will break things on your device and certain features/functions will no longer work, or worse yet, it may cause your device to not work properly.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)