[Q] how to disable Archos Gamepad 2 Controller

Search This thread

AMACOMX

Jun 13, 2015
I've got an Archos Gamepad 2 ... Got a problem with some games as they auto find and configure on the controller's buttons (asphalt 8 and Impulsion)
Asphalt mapping is cool, but impulsion doesn't show the on screen controls so that i can re-map them and the only pre-mapped working control is the left analog for movement... no shoot/slash control mapped by default ...
Is there a way to disable the built in controller ??? or a tool to fake the games that there is no controller attached
And if there is a way to disable the controller will the on screen controls appear
this seems to be a common issue with android devices that has built in controller (Xperia Play - Archos Gamepad 2 - jxd s7800b)
Thanks in advance:confused:

Last edited:

Talos91

Sep 12, 2015
same issue

Sorry to revive this thread but I have the same question as the op and I have the same problem with the game Implosion in my archos gamepad 2, any solutions? op did you find an answer?

Talos91

Sep 12, 2015
Have the same problem again in the lego game complete saga for android, please help. I hate when games don't give you the option to enable touch screen controls even if it detects a gamepad.

Talos91

Sep 12, 2015
Tried Tincore Keymapper to simulate other external controllers, but the game implosion still does not work, so how do these games detect the archos gamepad input?

Talos91

Sep 12, 2015
Implosion was updated recently, I think they tried to add support for the archos gamepad 2 because the tutorial screen now shows controller buttons but the game still has the same issue, only the left stick works, maybe it is because the archos built in controller is 2 different devices, the buttons are joy_key and the sticks are joystick.

Reactions: леонид_1

AMACOMX

Jun 13, 2015
its no use ... ditch it

@Talos91 ... seems nobody is interested ... i really regret the tablet now ... anyways its ditched somewhere in my backpack and every now and then i recharge it when i need it, some casual touch games are on it ... its jelly beans and CANNOT be updated to any new version ... guess thats it for Archos gamepad2 ... or maybe for Archos itself ... not gonna buy any of their products again ... doesnt worth it

Talos91

Sep 12, 2015
Sorry to hear that but the tablet is still great for emulators, they work great like retroarch, drastic, epsxe and ppsspp. Also some fire tv games work on the archos like shovel knight and not to mention the good android games with no iaps work great too like ittle dew and wayward souls.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Implosion was updated recently, I think they tried to add support for the archos gamepad 2 because the tutorial screen now shows controller buttons but the game still has the same issue, only the left stick works, maybe it is because the archos built in controller is 2 different devices, the buttons are joy_key and the sticks are joystick.
    You can not delete or rename those files even with root for some reason.
    i was looking up lolipop roms for us but for some reason download links doesnt work for me and i feel a big fake underneath
    Solved it finally!!!! These are the two devices that compose the archos gamepad 2 built-in controller:
    http://imgur.com/PgeJ6iT

If you have root and go to /dev/input you can disable the "joystick" by removing the file called event 3 and you can also disable "joy_key" by removing the file called event 2. These files get restored after a reboot so you don't lose any device functionality permanently.
    I also found a way to restore the event files without rebooting the archos gamepad 2:
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...lp-with-linux-question-on-android-4175602801/

This is really useful to disable the gamepad detection in games, just delete the event files of the controller, open the game then restore the files and you can now use a controller to touch mapping tool like tincore to map your controller to the touchscreen controls.

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

I also found a way to restore the event files without rebooting the archos gamepad 2:
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...lp-with-linux-question-on-android-4175602801/

This is really useful to disable the gamepad detection in games, just delete the event file of the controller, open the game then restore the files and you can now use a controller to touch mapping tool like tincore to map your controller to the touchscreen controls.

Using this I got implosion to work on the archos gamepad 2:
    http://imgur.com/J4AF3aB
    Also in the case of the game implosion you can delete both event 2 and event 3 to make the touch controllers appear then inside a level minimize the app then restore just event2 and you can play the game with the dpad and the buttons and the onscreen controls still appear to use them for the right stick gun, works perfectly.