FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

how to install Gapps for Huawei Enjoy 7 Plus ???

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ikhlasshyka, Junior Member on 15th August 2017, 11:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2017, 03:32 AM |#31  

More
Congrast!
XiaoMigue:

First, I have to say that your persistence is admirable. Well done!

Then, as others posted, the complexity of the solution you found is, at the moment, a little bit overwhelming for the non experts like me.

May be we can help you with the steps. I mean a complete set of steps, compiling all the post... For instance, I'm stuck at the "rooting", since I couldn´t accomplish the install of the twrp. no t sure why, but the image was installed in the phone (is not a very difficult task, although the chinesse software is another extra complexity) but then the boot screen gets blank like is there is a incongruence in the display definition (but I'm not sure of that).

Regards,

Andrés

8th December 2017, 03:20 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidelia

XiaoMigue:

First, I have to say that your persistence is admirable. Well done!

Then, as others posted, the complexity of the solution you found is, at the moment, a little bit overwhelming for the non experts like me.

May be we can help you with the steps. I mean a complete set of steps, compiling all the post... For instance, I'm stuck at the "rooting", since I couldn´t accomplish the install of the twrp. no t sure why, but the image was installed in the phone (is not a very difficult task, although the chinesse software is another extra complexity) but then the boot screen gets blank like is there is a incongruence in the display definition (but I'm not sure of that).

Regards,

Andrés

It is not persistance, it is... i don't know how to say this word it in english, but for sure you understand: cabezonería ^_^ (terquedad). For being brief, I travelled China, and got my Samsung Note III broken; needed a fast replacement, and I bought the first mobile I've found capable of being used in Spain. Ok, it does nothave Google, but it's normal, in China it's banned, so being able to cll, having bands and so was enough, good price, brand with official spanish presence, specs simimlar to my previous phone... when at home I'll flash gApps and that's all. But no. Oh, hell, no. Syncing contacts and calendar is vital for my work, and I'm using private domain with google apps, so it was mandatory to have them on H7P. Inthe meanwhile i've been using a... Samsung j5 2016 (1Gb/8Gb). Ouch!

Okay, I'll try a TL;DR:
  1. Talking about what I've done on MY mobile. So no warranty about nothing, please take the standard cautions before making in yours. Of course, I may be wrong in some step and the standard things *may* work, but this is my experience.
  2. Do not, NEVER, EVER, enable "Find my phone" from Huawei until you've fully configured your mobile AND have done a good backup.
  3. Things to avoid (unless you want to experiment):
    • searching HiApp for GMSCore, Googe apps instaler, or any version of those. Don't work.
    • Searching for those kind of apps outside Huawei environment. Don't work. (I've tried at least 3 different versions of GMSCore installer...)
    • Installing gApps package. It doesn't works. Tested with OpengApps pico, nano, stock, and full versions, old benzogApps (from 2015) and Dynamic gApps (from 2017).
    • Installing microG. It doesn't works. And its requirements are hard to accomplish (need to enable signature spoofing, and in this EMUI 5.1 the only way was via Xposed - although some times after restart Xposed was disabled). Magisk installed but also didn't worked for signature spoofing.
    • Flashing indian ROM for the Honor Holly 4 Plus. Yes, it is the same mobile, rebranded for India, and it does have the gApps preinstalled, but system partition is bigger: so big that it does not fit into the Enjoy 7 Plus system partition. If you try to, mobile will fall in a bootloop. I needed to use HiSuite to factore reset
Straight approach:
  1. Unlock bootloader

Requirements:
    - Huawei ID
    - Huawei drivers. Install HiSuite if you don't have other way to obtain them
    - ADB. You'll need at least a working fastboot executable (fastboot.exe in windows)
    - Working phone (no, you cannot do it if your phone is locked, as far as I know - you need to look some values in mobile's config)

Howto:
    - Backup every important file you have on mobile. Unlocking bootloader makes a factory reset, you'll loose everythng.
    - Open https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=unlock or https://en.ui.vmall.com/plugin.php?id=unlock
    - Follow instructions for obtaining unlock code
    - Reboot mobile in FASTBOOT mode (plug USB cable to PC AND to mobile, keep pressing power + volume down button until fastboot mode appears). Under the android you'll see in green "phone locked" or in red "phone unlocked". We want it unlocked
    - Open a CMD session
    - Run "FASTBOOT.EXE DEVICES", it should show your device's ID if detected.
    - Run
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock XXX
    replacing XXX with the code you obtained on Huawei's page
  2. Root your phone. I did it just by installing custom recovery TWRP (kudos to @loconafita for the link for twrp).

Requirements:
    - ADB. You'll need at least a working fastboot executable (fastboot.exe in windows)
    - Phone allowing at least fastboot mode

Howto:
    - Backup every important file you have on mobile. This does not make a factory reset, but just in case...
    - Download TWRP from http://www.huaweirom.com/plus/downlo...aid=5206&cid=3 and extract it to somewhere.
    [Tip: hit in the Download url→本地下载 and in the new page IGNORE the blue button under rar icon, instead use the upper right white button with text 下载(23M)]
    - You can try to use batch file if your chinese is good enough. Mine isn't, so I've just made it manually
    - Reboot mobile in FASTBOOT mode (plug USB cable to PC AND to mobile, keep pressing power + volume down button until fastboot mode appears).
    - Open a CMD session (in the same folder where you have recovery.....img file)
    - Run
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.1.1-0818-HUAWEI_CX7P-CN-wzsx150.img
    - In theory, you should also run "fastboot flash misc misc.bin", but it didn't worked for me
    - Reboot in recovery mode (UNplug USB cable from mobile, keep pressing power + volume down button until TWRP screen appears)
    - First screen has two buttons, a checkbox, and a slide. Hit rightest button, select second option, you'll see it in english.
    - Go to reboot. Reboot normal, TWRP will detect you are not root, and ask you for doig it. Slide to root.
    - Patience.
    - Some automatic reboots later, your mobile is rooted.
    - Open configuration > apps
    - Grant permissions to SuperSU application for everything
  3. Copy and give permissions to basic gApps (attached file in hide, extracted from indian Honor Holly 4 Plus ROM)

- Install a root explorer in your android (dont be lazy, search in Play Store...)
    - Download file from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291693409
    - Uncompress above file to some location in a USB stick OR microSD.
    - Put memory to mobile. I've used a USB stick and an OTG adaptor for pluggin it to E7P. For example, I've used /system folder of my USB so for root explorer it is in /usb-otg/system
    - Go to folder /system/etc/xml and make a copy of criticalpro.xml (using the name you like the most)
    - Copy ALL folders (with structure) from /usb-otg/system to /system in mobile
    - For ALL files and folders you've just copied, set permissions:
    * 755 for folders
    * 644 for files
    - Do NOT run any app still
    - Reboot in recovery mode
    - Wipe dalvik/cache
    - Reboot
    - Go to system settings, security: for each app just copied, give them *all* the permissions.
    - Go to system settings, accounts, add google account.
And that was all, for me.

Regarding the ZIP file. @VQiWdjj pointed out the Honor Holly 4 Plus. Seen the specs (even model #), it is the same as my Enjoy 7 Plus, but rebranded for India. So I've found two ROMs for it, downloaded the most recent one from https://givemerom.com/holly-4-plus-tronto-al00, and compared the /system partition with the one I have. Found lots of differences, and managed to get a "minimum" set of apps related to google, letting me installing the rest from Play Store. (okay, youtube could have been left out). A special file in /system/emui/china/permissions/ called services.cn.google.com seemed promising... not present in my rom, so I copied it also. Moreover, the /system/etc/xml/criticalpro.xml also contained MORE entries, many of them about google apps. added to it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XiaoMigue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XiaoMigue Ad-Free
8th December 2017, 02:45 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
it's workinggggg...
Thank you..
8th December 2017, 03:49 PM |#34  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoMigue

It is not persistance, it is... i don't know how to say this word it in english, but for sure you understand: cabezonería ^_^ (terquedad). For being brief, I travelled China, and got my Samsung Note III broken; needed a fast replacement, and I bought the first mobile I've found capable of being used in Spain. Ok, it does nothave Google, but it's normal, in China it's banned, so being able to cll, having bands and so was enough, good price, brand with official spanish presence, specs simimlar to my previous phone... when at home I'll flash gApps and that's all. But no. Oh, hell, no. Syncing contacts and calendar is vital for my work, and I'm using private domain with google apps, so it was mandatory to have them on H7P. Inthe meanwhile i've been using a... Samsung j5 2016 (1Gb/8Gb). Ouch!

Okay, I'll try a TL;DR:

1. Talking about what I've done on MY mobile. So no warranty about nothing, please take the standard cautions before making in yours. Of course, I may be wrong in some step and the standard things *may* work, but this is my experience.
  2. Do not, NEVER, EVER, enable "Find my phone" from Huawei until you've fully configured your mobile AND have done a good backup.
  3. Things to avoid (unless you want to experiment):
    • searching HiApp for GMSCore, Googe apps instaler, or any version of those. Don't work.
    • Searching for those kind of apps outside Huawei environment. Don't work. (I've tried at least 3 different versions of GMSCore installer...)
    • Installing gApps package. It doesn't works. Tested with OpengApps pico, nano, stock, and full versions, old benzogApps (from 2015) and Dynamic gApps (from 2017).
    • Installing microG. It doesn't works. And its requirements are hard to accomplish (need to enable signature spoofing, and in this EMUI 5.1 the only way was via Xposed - although some times after restart Xposed was disabled). Magisk installed but also didn't worked for signature spoofing.
    • Flashing indian ROM for the Honor Holly 4 Plus. Yes, it is the same mobile, rebranded for India, and it does have the gApps preinstalled, but system partition is bigger: so big that it does not fit into the Enjoy 7 Plus system partition. If you try to, mobile will fall in a bootloop. I needed to use HiSuite to factore reset
Straight approach:
  1. Unlock bootloader

Requirements:
    - Huawei ID
    - Working phone (no, you cannot do it if your phone is locked, as far as I know - you need to look some values in mobile's config)

Howto:
    - Backup every important file you have on mobile. Unlocking bootloader makes a factory reset, you'll loose everythng.
    - Open https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=unlock or https://en.ui.vmall.com/plugin.php?id=unlock
    - Follow instructions for obtaining unlock code
    - Reboot mobile in FASTBOOT mode (plug USB cable to PC AND to mobile, keep pressing power + volume down button until fastboot mode appears). Under the android you'll see in green "phone locked" or in red "phone unlocked". We want it unlocked
    - Open a CMD session
    - Run
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock XXX
    replacing XXX with the code you obtained on Huawei's page
  2. Root your phone. I did it just by installing custom recovery TWRP (kudos to @loconafita for the link for twrp).

Requirements:
    - Phone allowing at least fastboot mode

Howto:
    - Backup every important file you have on mobile. This does not make a factory reset, but just in case...
    - Download TWRP from http://www.huaweirom.com/plus/downlo...aid=5206&cid=3 and extract it to somewhere.
    [Tip: hit in the Download url→本地下载 and in the new page IGNORE the blue button under rar icon, instead use the upper right white button with text 下载(23M)]
    - You can try to use batch file if your chinese is good enough. Mine isn't, so I've just made it manually
    - Reboot mobile in FASTBOOT mode (plug USB cable to PC AND to mobile, keep pressing power + volume down button until fastboot mode appears).
    - Open a CMD session (in the same folder where you have recovery.....img file)
    - Run
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.1.1-0818-HUAWEI_CX7P-CN-wzsx150.img
    - In theory, you should also run "fastboot flash misc misc.bin", but it didn't worked for me
    - Reboot in recovery mode (UNplug USB cable from mobile, keep pressing power + volume down button until TWRP screen appears)
    - First screen has two buttons, a checkbox, and a slide. Hit rightest button, select second option, you'll see it in english.
    - Go to reboot. Reboot normal, TWRP will detect you are not root, and ask you for doig it. Slide to root.
    - Patience.
    - Some automatic reboots later, your mobile is rooted.
    - Open configuration > apps
    - Grant permissions to SuperSU application for everything
  3. Copy and give permissions to basic gApps (attached file in hide, extracted from indian Honor Holly 4 Plus ROM)

- Install a root explorer in your android (dont be lazy, search in Play Store...)
    - Download file from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291693409
    - Uncompress above file to some location in a USB stick OR microSD.
    - Put memory to mobile. I've used a USB stick and an OTG adaptor for pluggin it to E7P. For example, I've used /system folder of my USB so for root explorer it is in /usb-otg/system
    - Go to folder /system/etc/xml and make a copy of criticalpro.xml (using the name you like the most)
    - Copy ALL folders (with structure) from /usb-otg/system to /system in mobile
    - For ALL files and folders you've just copied, set permissions:
    * 755 for folders
    * 644 for files
    - Do NOT run any app still
    - Reboot in recovery mode
    - Wipe dalvik/cache
    - Reboot
    - Go to system settings, security: for each app just copied, give them *all* the permissions.
    - Go to system settings, accounts, add google account.
And that was all, for me.

Regarding the ZIP file. @VQiWdjj pointed out the Honor Holly 4 Plus. Seen the specs (even model #), it is the same as my Enjoy 7 Plus, but rebranded for India. So I've found two ROMs for it, downloaded the most recent one from https://givemerom.com/holly-4-plus-tronto-al00, and compared the /system partition with the one I have. Found lots of differences, and managed to get a "minimum" set of apps related to google, letting me installing the rest from Play Store. (okay, youtube could have been left out). A special file in /system/emui/china/permissions/ called services.cn.google.com seemed promising... not present in my rom, so I copied it also. Moreover, the /system/etc/xml/criticalpro.xml also contained MORE entries, many of them about google apps. added to it.

It's working.. Thank you XiaoMigue..
One more Question, there's pop up that unauthorized changes have been made to preinstalled apps or system files. Restore system to the latest official version? This action will not delete any data, but may remove unauthorized apps.
Is there any trick to remove this message? or is it safe to click restore?
The Following User Says Thank You to VQiWdjj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VQiWdjj Ad-Free
8th December 2017, 04:57 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQiWdjj

It's working.. Thank you XiaoMigue..
One more Question, there's pop up that unauthorized changes have been made to preinstalled apps or system files. Restore system to the latest official version? This action will not delete any data, but may remove unauthorized apps.
Is there any trick to remove this message? or is it safe to click restore?

To be honest, I have no idea. I remember seeing that popup, but I can't remember if i restored or not (you know, I've flashed and restored so many times...)

Glad to read it works in other's mobile. ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to XiaoMigue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XiaoMigue Ad-Free
10th December 2017, 08:09 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I followed your steps in my already tampered OS. Failed. Then, I stock recovered, factory reset and went all over again through the steps. It finally worked this time! Great job transplanting gapps from another firmware, XiaoMigue!!!
11th December 2017, 07:31 AM |#37  

More
Hey guys,
I was wondering whether anyone uses snapchat and could let me know if it works for you or not. Because mine does not.
16th December 2017, 09:12 AM |#38  

More
Huawei Enjoy 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by loconafita

I followed your steps in my already tampered OS. Failed. Then, I stock recovered, factory reset and went all over again through the steps. It finally worked this time! Great job transplanting gapps from another firmware, XiaoMigue!!!

Hi how do u reset back to factory? My phone could not start up after recovery with the image file given in the download link
17th December 2017, 09:46 AM |#39  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki65

Hi how do u reset back to factory? My phone could not start up after recovery with the image file given in the download link

wipe all data.. no OS installed.. after reboot, e-Recovery from Huawei will detect it automatically.
17th December 2017, 11:09 AM |#40  

More
hi thanks. How do u wipe the data? wipe android OS as well? Thanks in advance.
19th December 2017, 02:28 PM |#41  

More
Hi thanks..manage to reboot to huawei recovery with power n vol up and restore to factory. Back back to square one. will Try again w twrp for google play store.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)