FORUMS

How to root Acer Iconia One 10 B3-A40?

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sabbir1095, Junior Member on 7th June 2018, 12:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've got this new tab recently. Has anyone rooted this device? Is there any hope for having the ways to root this device? Dear developers, please, do something for this device.
Thanks.
12th June 2018, 06:44 AM |#2  

More
Just filling in some information holes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbir1095

I've got this new tab recently. Has anyone rooted this device? Is there any hope for having the ways to root this device? Dear developers, please, do something for this device.
Thanks.

Sorry to get your hopes up OP, I too have the Acer Iconia One 10 B3-A40 and would like to root mine as well. I wanted to add more details about the device to hopefully further along the progress.
The device in particular that I'm talking about it the Acer Iconia One 10
Model:B3-A40
Android Ver:7.0
Security Patch Level: January 5, 2018
Kernel Ver: 4.4.22
Image Version: Acer_AV0N0_B3-A40_RV09RC01_WW_GEN1
Build Number: Acer_AV0N0_B3-A40_9.001.00_WW_GEN1
CPU Vendor: MTK
CPU Version: MT 8167

I'm a super noob when it comes to rooting but a relatively comprehensive learner. With little to no guidance I've attempted to unlock the boot loader and TWRP flash to no avail. I would love to either be told by an experienced rooter that it is either impossible to root this device or the steps I would need to take to root this device.

Thank you all for your time, sorry for the lengthy post.
10th July 2018, 01:05 PM |#3  

More
I'd need guidance too for this device, unlocking bootloader doesn't seem to do much, all power-up combinations simply lead to starting "demo mode"...
subscribed
2nd November 2018, 03:03 PM |#4  

More
I have the same tablet. No luck with rooting tried pc rooting and everything. A Dev on another website said it was unrootable and there is currently no root for Acer B3A40 . Guess the iPad we all have is a waste of money if anyone else has a solution will be greatly appreciated thanks

Arcura
3rd November 2018, 02:33 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcura Android

I have the same tablet. No luck with rooting tried pc rooting and everything. A Dev on another website said it was unrootable and there is currently no root for Acer B3A40 . Guess the iPad we all have is a waste of money if anyone else has a solution will be greatly appreciated thanks

Arcura

This device is a MTK device, there is a tool that can build a TWRP recovery for your device for you.

https://devsjournal.com/twrp-recover...ek-phones.html

Once you've successfully built a working TWRP for your device, flash Magisk via TWRP to root the device.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
3rd November 2018, 03:58 PM |#6  
Loyalist, ON
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

This device is a MTK device, there is a tool that can build a TWRP recovery for your device for you.

https://devsjournal.com/twrp-recover...ek-phones.html

Once you've successfully built a working TWRP for your device, flash Magisk via TWRP to root the device.

From that link:
Quote:

Requirements:
1. Requires Root.

So, how does that help?
3rd November 2018, 04:06 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersaga

From that link:

So, how does that help?

Wait, I was looking for a different tool. Standby.

3rd November 2018, 04:39 PM |#8  
Loyalist, ON
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:

Wait, I was looking for a different tool. Standby.

Cool I don't mind trying a few things, I just want to be careful. We have two, but we use them constantly, so I really don't want to brick it.
3rd November 2018, 06:06 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersaga

Cool I don't mind trying a few things, I just want to be careful. We have two, but we use them constantly, so I really don't want to brick it.

Here, this page has several options for building/porting/installing TWRP on MTK devices. The last option works on rooted or non rooted devices.

http://androroot.com/2015/02/how-to-...y-for-any.html

3rd November 2018, 09:42 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Here, this page has several options for building/porting/installing TWRP on MTK devices. The last option works on rooted or non rooted devices.

Yes but you need a complete rom beforehand and it dosen't seem to be any at needrom and gsm forum.
I'm looking for this too btw.
3rd November 2018, 10:59 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccas

Yes but you need a complete rom beforehand and it dosen't seem to be any at needrom and gsm forum.
I'm looking for this too btw.

If you have the tablet that is in the title of this thread.

This wasn't hard to find at all, it's on the Acer website, the stock firmware versions are listed on this page, click where it says "+OS (3)"

Then download the firmware listed at the top, the one that says:

Date: 2018/02/27

Version: RV09RC01.WW.GEN1

Vendor: Acer

Size: 1,804.6 MB

This firmware exactly matches what is already installed on the device according to the specs that were listed earlier in this thread.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/conten...oduct/7251?b=1

Download that firmware, then follow the instructions in the last method that is listed in the link that I posted with the different ways to build/install TWRP.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)