How to root LG x charge

Search This thread

Ladmo

Aug 10, 2017
I have the LG X Charge that I got from Comcast on August 8. I wanted to root it but can find nothing on how to root it. I looked but found nothing that tells how to root it. I tried flashing SuperSu but couldn't find a custom recovery for this phone. While searching, I did find that this phone was released in Europe a few months ago where it's called X Power 2. Under settings / about phone / phone name it says LG-M322. Also under settings / about phone / software info it says the version of Android it's running is 7.0.

When I got the phone, I was surprised to see it wasn't loaded with crapware. Right now I mainly want to root it so I can do something about the restrictions placed on using the sd card.

Does anyone know if someone has found out how to root this phone? Is there a version of twrp or some other custom bootloader for it?

Thanks

DanHutchins

Sep 2, 2015
Claremont, N.H
I have been searching all over for root on the x charge and honestly I can't find one. This phone is pretty new and will take some time for a developer to take notice. As this phone is only available on Xfinity and one other company not many people use I would say it could take some time.

Jan 26, 2013
Xfinity just started offering this phone for $1 (and you own it) for their free verizon talk/text plans. Its hit the 'hot deals' sites and people are ordering by the thousands...so I think its going to be pretty popular and available quite soon.

The other phones (galaxies and iphones) are being given $200 discounts as well.

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
Xfinity just started offering this phone for $1 (and you own it) for their free verizon talk/text plans. Its hit the 'hot deals' sites and people are ordering by the thousands...so I think its going to be pretty popular and available quite soon.

xfinitity also does trades but i haven't tried them yet. probably offer pennies through some 3rd party ))). i just bought x charge. not sure where $1 shows up, unless it's spread out into 24 months/$0.04. taxes and fees $2.26 (monthly?). still not bad for unlimited talk txt + 100mb data. i'm not familiar with this phone. would be interested in unlocking bl and root. would be amazing if possible. not sure if there's a limit. would like another one for a clock.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Has anyone tried this to unlock the bootloader? http://www.simnetworkunlockpin.com/unlock-bootloader-apk-code-generator/ wondering if it will work for our device. It says LG is supported but I have never heard of it before. If we can get the bootloader unlocked we could then worry about twrp and root would be easy after that.

i couldn't find the download link. how about this one https://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-d...master-tool-unlock-bootloader-t2997696/page40 ?

coosawatchie

May 11, 2011
I just received the phone too.... for this price ($1) you can't complain about the specs. hopefully someone roots it so we can get rid of all the LG junk bloatware

Ladmo

Aug 10, 2017
I was afraid of that

I have been searching all over for root on the x charge and honestly I can't find one. This phone is pretty new and will take some time for a developer to take notice. As this phone is only available on Xfinity and one other company not many people use I would say it could take some time.

I was afraid it would take a while. i used to have a ZTE phone and had to wait 6 months after I got it before a root became available. I want to root this thing mainly to get around the restrictions Marshmalow puts on using the sd card.

DanHutchins

Sep 2, 2015
Claremont, N.H

They are being sold for $180 not $1. I just got mine. If it was only $1 I would have known.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I was afraid it would take a while. i used to have a ZTE phone and had to wait 6 months after I got it before a root became available. I want to root this thing mainly to get around the restrictions Marshmalow puts on using the sd card.
You should be on 7.0 not 6. My x charge came with nougat not marshmallow.

Ladmo

Aug 10, 2017
They are being sold for $180 not $1. I just got mine. If it was only $1 I would have known.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

You're right. My mistake. About the dispute whether the phone is $180 or $1. The $1 price is a special that runs out in September. At least that's what I found at xfinity.com/mobile

It really pisses me off that the companies that sell the phones have this idea that we are too stupid to be allowed to do what we want with our phones. We shouldn't have to fight with rooting our phones. But lots of things should be but aren't. Politicians should always be honest. Relative humidity should never be over 20%. Daytime highs in summer should never be over 80. You get the idea.

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
You're right. My mistake. About the dispute whether the phone is $180 or $1. The $1 price is a special that runs out in September. At least that's what I found at xfinity.com/mobile

It really pisses me off that the companies that sell the phones have this idea that we are too stupid to be allowed to do what we want with our phones. We shouldn't have to fight with rooting our phones. But lots of things should be but aren't. Politicians should always be honest. Relative humidity should never be over 20%. Daytime highs in summer should never be over 80. You get the idea.

It's a very good phone i'm surprised it seems faster than my e4 with same sd425, but $180+tx is too much. We should demand bl unlock code. By force. It's the only way. verizon/moto and xm/lg.

Last edited:

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
Sorry to say. It's a dollar. They are out of stock. Just ordered 3 more for a dollar. After taxes I think it's 3 and you own phone outright

Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA-Developers Legacy app

But you get billed for 3 lines right away? Can't just keep them unactivated indefinitely? I ordered 2, refused one. XM says i have 2 lines. I won't get billed if they receive one. If i could keep this phone for $1 and never activate i'd get 3.

Thought I'd switch data off activate them and not be billed for anything but activation fees. And use Sims in note 5 and 2 note 4 . See if everthing works. And then sell each for 100. I was surprised to see it available this morning maybe and got impulsive thinking I had 30 days to cancel or keep it to my benefit. Maybe I'll cancel 2 and play around with one for myself. I have a note 4 with verizon and unlimited plan. But paying 230 after 25% employee discount and if I can get it down to under 150 would be great. Thanks for the heads up

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

And my son switched and there was no activation fee but he took his number he had with verizon. I ordered three new numbers.

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
@davekaz, even if you are not using mobile data, you will be charged (for each account) for taxes, FCC charges and other sh... stuff. For example, AT&T charges $8.24 extra per account (see list below):

Surcharges and Other Fees
3. Administrative Fee 0.76
4. Federal Universal Service Charge 2.45
5. Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge 1.25
Total Surcharges and Other Fees 4.46
Government Fees and Taxes
6. 9-1-1 Service Fee 1.00
7. MA State Sales Tax - Telecom 2.78
Total Government Fees and Taxes 3.78

So, be prepared to get billed $33/month for the four accounts ;) And you can't sell these phones now, you should stay 24 month with 'em (read your contract properly!).

P.S. I've also bought one extra line (with free LG X charge - BTW, very good phone!) and I know how to recoup extra $8/month ;)

Last edited:
After you've cancelled serviceWe're all about being fair. When you cancel your XFINITY Mobile service, you only pay for the data you've used between your last paid account statement and the date you cancelled. If you have more than one phone line, we'll charge you for the data you used on each line and reimburse you the difference based on your cancellation date.If you still owe a balance on your Device Payment Plan and you've cancelled service, you can either pay it off all at once or make the remaining monthly payments until the phone is all yours.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Fees are 2.15

DanHutchins

Sep 2, 2015
Claremont, N.H
xfinitity also does trades but i haven't tried them yet. probably offer pennies through some 3rd party ))). i just bought x charge. not sure where $1 shows up, unless it's spread out into 24 months/$0.04. taxes and fees $2.26 (monthly?). still not bad for unlimited talk txt + 100mb data. i'm not familiar with this phone. would be interested in unlocking bl and root. would be amazing if possible. not sure if there's a limit. would like another one for a clock.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

i couldn't find the download link. how about this one https://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-d...master-tool-unlock-bootloader-t2997696/page40 ?

That's for Android One devices not LG.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

They are $.04 on the website now. FML...
If you already received your phone you can request a price drop to the $0.04 they are offering. I just did this, the only downside is they claim it takes 30 days to start receiving the lower price. We shall see what my bill is next month.

DanHutchins

Sep 2, 2015
Claremont, N.H
I have the LG X Charge that I got from Comcast on August 8. I wanted to root it but can find nothing on how to root it. I looked but found nothing that tells how to root it. I tried flashing SuperSu but couldn't find a custom recovery for this phone. While searching, I did find that this phone was released in Europe a few months ago where it's called X Power 2. Under settings / about phone / phone name it says LG-M322. Also under settings / about phone / software info it says the version of Android it's running is 7.0.

When I got the phone, I was surprised to see it wasn't loaded with crapware. Right now I mainly want to root it so I can do something about the restrictions placed on using the sd card.

Does anyone know if someone has found out how to root this phone? Is there a version of twrp or some other custom bootloader for it?

Thanks
Just wondering what restrictions to the SD card you are talking about. I haven't noticed any.

lithium630

Oct 20, 2010
I just ordered another one. I was waiting to add my son until you could bring your own phone. I should be able to use the sim card in his phone and keep this one as a back up. It cost a whopping $2.96 after fees.

That's for Android One devices not LG.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

If you already received your phone you can request a price drop to the $0.04 they are offering. I just did this, the only downside is they claim it takes 30 days to start receiving the lower price. We shall see what my bill is next month.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks
    Im not an expert in rooting but have had some good results over the years, from following posts on XDA. Seems this one might not be so positive. Anyway, I have the LG X Charge M327 on Cricket. In my developers menu options I have an OEM Unlock. Is this something new? My point being, is this any help in the rooting process, or should I just give it up and move on?

Forget about rooting it but look into VirtualXposed here on XDA. I just d/l'ed but haven't had a chance to try it. It's like virtual root. There's also Tai Chi or Taichi from the same dev that's supposed to be better can't remember details only read briefly. If you want to try it let us know how you like it or if it works with xcharge. I can't think of any apps that need root. Only downside it runs in background and drains battery so probably should be run as needed.

https://xdaforums.com/xposed/virtualxposed-xposed-root-unlock-t3760313

Other option i suggested here and started doing it myself i told scumsung on social media to unlock BL in galaxy or else i and many customers won't buy. We should do same for LG. I would flood them with demands to unlock BL. Not a loss for manufacturers if i alone don't buy but if thousans or millions don't buy that's something.

They are $.04 on the website now. FML...