FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to root LG x charge

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Ladmo, Junior Member on 15th August 2017, 03:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have the LG X Charge that I got from Comcast on August 8. I wanted to root it but can find nothing on how to root it. I looked but found nothing that tells how to root it. I tried flashing SuperSu but couldn't find a custom recovery for this phone. While searching, I did find that this phone was released in Europe a few months ago where it's called X Power 2. Under settings / about phone / phone name it says LG-M322. Also under settings / about phone / software info it says the version of Android it's running is 7.0.

When I got the phone, I was surprised to see it wasn't loaded with crapware. Right now I mainly want to root it so I can do something about the restrictions placed on using the sd card.

Does anyone know if someone has found out how to root this phone? Is there a version of twrp or some other custom bootloader for it?

Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladmo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ladmo Ad-Free

20th August 2017, 11:02 PM |#2  
Flag Claremont, N.H
Thanks Meter: 107

Donate to Me
More
I have been searching all over for root on the x charge and honestly I can't find one. This phone is pretty new and will take some time for a developer to take notice. As this phone is only available on Xfinity and one other company not many people use I would say it could take some time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanHutchins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DanHutchins Ad-Free
24th August 2017, 11:55 PM |#3  
Flag Claremont, N.H

Donate to Me
More
Has anyone tried this to unlock the bootloader? http://www.simnetworkunlockpin.com/u...ode-generator/ wondering if it will work for our device. It says LG is supported but I have never heard of it before. If we can get the bootloader unlocked we could then worry about twrp and root would be easy after that.
The Following User Says Thank You to DanHutchins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DanHutchins Ad-Free
25th August 2017, 08:11 PM |#4  

More
Xfinity just started offering this phone for $1 (and you own it) for their free verizon talk/text plans. Its hit the 'hot deals' sites and people are ordering by the thousands...so I think its going to be pretty popular and available quite soon.

The other phones (galaxies and iphones) are being given $200 discounts as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cutefuzzybunny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cutefuzzybunny Ad-Free
25th August 2017, 08:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutefuzzybunny

Xfinity just started offering this phone for $1 (and you own it) for their free verizon talk/text plans. Its hit the 'hot deals' sites and people are ordering by the thousands...so I think its going to be pretty popular and available quite soon.

xfinitity also does trades but i haven't tried them yet. probably offer pennies through some 3rd party ))). i just bought x charge. not sure where $1 shows up, unless it's spread out into 24 months/$0.04. taxes and fees $2.26 (monthly?). still not bad for unlimited talk txt + 100mb data. i'm not familiar with this phone. would be interested in unlocking bl and root. would be amazing if possible. not sure if there's a limit. would like another one for a clock.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHutchins

Has anyone tried this to unlock the bootloader? http://www.simnetworkunlockpin.com/u...ode-generator/ wondering if it will work for our device. It says LG is supported but I have never heard of it before. If we can get the bootloader unlocked we could then worry about twrp and root would be easy after that.

i couldn't find the download link. how about this one https://forum.xda-developers.com/cro...2997696/page40 ?
26th August 2017, 07:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I just received the phone too.... for this price ($1) you can't complain about the specs. hopefully someone roots it so we can get rid of all the LG junk bloatware
27th August 2017, 03:01 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
I was afraid of that
Quote:

I have been searching all over for root on the x charge and honestly I can't find one. This phone is pretty new and will take some time for a developer to take notice. As this phone is only available on Xfinity and one other company not many people use I would say it could take some time.

I was afraid it would take a while. i used to have a ZTE phone and had to wait 6 months after I got it before a root became available. I want to root this thing mainly to get around the restrictions Marshmalow puts on using the sd card.
27th August 2017, 08:29 PM |#8  
Flag Claremont, N.H

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

They are being sold for $180 not $1. I just got mine. If it was only $1 I would have known.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladmo

I was afraid it would take a while. i used to have a ZTE phone and had to wait 6 months after I got it before a root became available. I want to root this thing mainly to get around the restrictions Marshmalow puts on using the sd card.

You should be on 7.0 not 6. My x charge came with nougat not marshmallow.
28th August 2017, 02:00 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

They are being sold for $180 not $1. I just got mine. If it was only $1 I would have known.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

They are $.04 on the website now. FML...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lithium630 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lithium630 Ad-Free
31st August 2017, 07:11 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

You're right. My mistake. About the dispute whether the phone is $180 or $1. The $1 price is a special that runs out in September. At least that's what I found at xfinity.com/mobile

It really pisses me off that the companies that sell the phones have this idea that we are too stupid to be allowed to do what we want with our phones. We shouldn't have to fight with rooting our phones. But lots of things should be but aren't. Politicians should always be honest. Relative humidity should never be over 20%. Daytime highs in summer should never be over 80. You get the idea.
31st August 2017, 03:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladmo

You're right. My mistake. About the dispute whether the phone is $180 or $1. The $1 price is a special that runs out in September. At least that's what I found at xfinity.com/mobile

It really pisses me off that the companies that sell the phones have this idea that we are too stupid to be allowed to do what we want with our phones. We shouldn't have to fight with rooting our phones. But lots of things should be but aren't. Politicians should always be honest. Relative humidity should never be over 20%. Daytime highs in summer should never be over 80. You get the idea.

It's a very good phone i'm surprised it seems faster than my e4 with same sd425, but $180+tx is too much. We should demand bl unlock code. By force. It's the only way. verizon/moto and xm/lg.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)