FORUMS

How to root Samsung Galaxy X Cover 4s Enterprise Edition (SM-G398F)

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By PaddyWi, Junior Member on 15th July 2019, 10:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th January 2020, 07:17 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
At load G398FNXXS2ASL5.tar in unlock mode in the end in device

red text Line
only official released binaries are allowed to be Flashed (BOOT)

in odin

error

Also the point was gone in options of the developer oem unlock the first time from a box it was then is not present
24th January 2020, 08:20 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skulptor2501

At load G398FNXXS2ASL5.tar in unlock mode in the end in device

red text Line

in odin

error

Also the point was gone in options of the developer oem unlock the first time from a box it was then is not present

Follow these instructions:

"4. Enable developer options. To do that, open settings, scroll down and tap on "about phone" option. Then tap on "software information". Now tap continuously on build number until developer option is enabled. Now developer option will appear on the settings menu.
5. Activate OEM-Unlock AND USB debugging. To do that, go to settings, scroll down and tap on "Developer options". Then tap "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging" to ON. After that, reboot your phone to the download mode. Make sure your phone IS connected to the PC via usb-cable! To reboot download mode, press (POWER) + VOL DOWN + HOME buttons. Then choose "Device unlock mode" by pressing long(!) VOL UP and follow instructions."
24th January 2020, 08:29 AM |#53  

More
I and did all, but at me «point OEM Unlock» from the menu of the developer point USB debugging was gone is and OEM Unlock has disappeared, it was once now is not present.
24th January 2020, 11:16 AM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skulptor2501

I and did all, but at me «point OEM Unlock» from the menu of the developer point USB debugging was gone is and OEM Unlock has disappeared, it was once now is not present.

If i have understand correctly, you have pretty weird problem. I think you can fix that problem if you flash latest official stock firmware and then try again. If you do that, remember backup so you don't lose any important data! I think that will solve the problem!

Watch this video, it might help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXIC0Jufuj0

EDIT: Remember then press LONG "VOL UP" button when choosing "Device unlock mode" when you are booting to Download mode! (see my instructions, step 5).
24th January 2020, 02:44 PM |#55  

More
Many thanks all have turned out have made ROOT!!! Has tried to remove the appendix paiment and phone was blocked only emergency calls =)))), dump has led occurrence of a red inscription at loading - is resolved only official binaries, it was necessary to repeat all again

a million years later

My experience of reception ROOT, and also is a little for what to me it:
Phone is necessary to me for calls, the Internet, navigation of cards (tracks). I do not pay in phone, there is cash, on card edge.
Before the designer with али used Sams Note3, дёшего and all works ютьюб 1060*60fps (in their family 5) on all costs lineage-14.1, 7 андройд, it is pleasant to me everything, the traffic does not guzzle, the battery does not guzzle, гуглохлама there is no in general, root, all super. On replacement it was necessary, i.e. that that did not suffice, normal GPS in the note it with новья dead + contacts to aerial GPS in due course depart and it falls off, water-protection - I am not going to float in phone but on rest often happens that it is raining сыро and тд it would be desirable protection against a moisture without covers and тд.
The problem to receive too most as was but with + that that would be desirable, without ковыряния with programs and тд., those only through TitaniumBackup + "buns" from advertising - Xposed modules. All works super, high-grade рут.

Used the instruction divine Diamonds8 <https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=9691079> and unforgettable Selva Kumar A <https://www.androidinfotech.com/author/kumar/>.
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/how-to-root-samsung-galaxy-x-cover-4s-t3948620/page4>

But has faced problem OEM unlock in new XCover4S SM-G398FN after Factory Reset it is necessary to receive again at господЪ from Samsung - messages the device is registered. Only after that actions there is point OEM unlock if it not to make that in the menu of its developer will not be, and if you did not have not enough patience and you have rebooted that вуаля is received at reboot красненькую an inscription
The regiment of that the device not to be loaded further.-> an insertion a drain through one = (.

On it I will a little add the instruction divine, поcле everyone Factory Reset it is necessary to connect the Internet and to ask updatings through the menu, to receive the message that the device it is registered.

As I did =):
1. It is swung stock firmware (<https://samfrew.com/download/Galaxy__XCover__4s__/pil1/DBT/G398FNXXS2ASL5/G398FNOXM2ASK6/>)
2. It is loaded stock firmware with odin. Before I have received Unlock mode.
https://www.androidinfotech.com/root...xcover-4s-pie/
3. We Ask at господЪ from Samsung - messages the device is registered.
(We have the Internet, we connect update)
4. The Menu of the developer-> OEM unlock + USB Debugging
5. odin-> AP-> G398FNXXS2ASL5.tar-> (auto reboot) tag-> Factory Reset (it is loaded itself)-> OEM unlock-> instal Magisk-> BEER =)))

Oh oh region sim lock it is not removed, I wait still, bought in Germany the device it is used in Rossi to the Mother, promised sim unlock from support 3 days have written will do.

Excuse for my any English.
11th February 2020, 11:39 AM |#56  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonds8

Yes, that is compatible with that version you mentioned.

Is it possible to make a new boot with the upcoming security update in which the holes in the bluetooth will be fixed?
I want to make a root already, cut out all the garbage, remove updates from the network and use the phone without problems. Still would a custom recovery and in general beauty would be.
15th February 2020, 11:45 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
got Root
but twrp is not yet available on this phone
how is it possible to restore the system after a crash?
nandroid backup is useless? (on Exynos processors, there is no bootloader mode and fastboot commands do not work, if the system crashes, I can only enter download mode and Odin firmware)
20th February 2020, 03:49 AM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hello guys, I bought this phone yesterday and tried to activate oem unlock + usb debugging but it failed to flash the official firmware via odin. Also failed to flash the root ap file. So the bootloader isn't unlocked yet although I checked it... Do I have to wait until it gets activated or what should I do?
20th February 2020, 08:39 PM |#59  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameShadow7

Hello guys, I bought this phone yesterday and tried to activate oem unlock + usb debugging but it failed to flash the official firmware via odin. Also failed to flash the root ap file. So the bootloader isn't unlocked yet although I checked it... Do I have to wait until it gets activated or what should I do?

don't wait for anything

1) first you need to unlock the bootloader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXIC0Jufuj0

2) flash the phone

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=31

Every time after any firmware, you need to connect the Internet and click "update software" in the settings, otherwise the "OEM unlock" item will not appear in the developer menu and you will not be able to flash the phone next time.
21st February 2020, 12:11 AM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I checked the OEM Unlock and the USB Debugging, thats not the problem. The problem is I cant confirm the unlock in the Download Mode, I only can reach into download mode through recovery but it seems to be different. Vol-Down + Home + Power doesnt work, it just shows me the Samsung Xcover Knox Logo and after a couple of seconds it restarts. Which keys do you use to enter Donwload mode? Why it doesnt work?

If I try to flash via Download mode which i entered in through recovery it says error because OEM Lock.

please help me to get in normal download mode I need to confirm OEM unlock.....
21st February 2020, 03:10 AM |#61  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameShadow7

Which keys do you use to enter Donwload mode?

hold down the volume down button and the home button at the same time, and then insert the power cord (the other end must be inserted into the computer's usb port)
then press the volume up button
The Following User Says Thank You to lesh0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lesh0 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)