FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Desire 820 randomly stops detecting the SIM card

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By TaylorLaw1, Junior Member on 12th August 2019, 08:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone, my old HTC Desire 820 has a problem. It randomly stops detecting the SIM card from yesterday (I checked another sim cards and another device, it's a smarthphone fault, not a sim card). I looked through various tips in google what could be the reason and how to fix them, but they didn’t help. I will add that sometimes for example for 2-3 minutes everything is okay the sim card works well and a moment later when I start using a smartphone I got info “No sim card, no service”. Any help would be appreciated.

14th August 2019, 02:14 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorLaw1

Hi everyone, my old HTC Desire 820 has a problem. It randomly stops detecting the SIM card from yesterday (I checked another sim cards and another device, it's a smarthphone fault, not a sim card). I looked through various tips in google what could be the reason and how to fix them, but they didn’t help. I will add that sometimes for example for 2-3 minutes everything is okay the sim card works well and a moment later when I start using a smartphone I got info “No sim card, no service”. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe the SIM tray hardware in the device is failing or maybe you need to reflash the stock firmware for your device. The device is old, it isn't hard to imagine that the hardware or software may have become corrupted.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
21st August 2019, 11:21 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

you need to reflash the stock firmware for your device.

What do you mean exactly? Can you suggest any specific rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)