FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Huawei Honor Waterplay Tablet (3GB / 32GB)

492 posts
Thanks Meter: 316

By Buster99, Senior Member on 27th December 2017, 05:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

since I can't find much on the interwebs, maybe a huawei wizz can help me here.

For Christmas I imported the honor waterplay (non LTE 3GB/32GB version) (since it was fairly cheap and, well, IP67... so it can function as a ebook reader while in the bathtub/jaccuzzi) and also has a beefy battery.

The issue I have is: on huawei's website I can not unlock the bootloader, If you use EMUI 5.0 you can select tablets, but the waterplay is not recognized. If you select 5.1 (which the waterplay has) you can only select Smartphones. I contacted Huawei via Mail but 10 days running - no answer. - so is there a way to unlock it so i can flash magisk?

Second Q: Is there a working exploit to get at least root running? adb via usb is not working, on click root apps failed (as well as the windows supported ones like kingo etc.)

thirdly: does anyone know if the waterplays' hardware is similar to a lineage os version of another tablet ? (I'd love to have a L-OS on that, not only for root but some apps loaded with yalp annoy me, they work but always a popup google services are required...)

btw: the tablet is impressive for the money (260€) ereader mode it lasts days (was reading some GoT for hours), playing games is good (my nephew played 4h on christmas and it only lost 40%), overall system is responsive. it has a fingerprint reader which works ok and can be used with gestures. All it misses is a fully google supported rom. Sound with the 4 Speakers is actually good - you can even watch streams/movies without sounding too tinny.

thanks in advance for any suggestions / support

cheers

@ moderators: if this is wrong here, please move it - I did not want to hijack any honor forum for this, since there is no section for the waterplay yet. thanks
31st December 2017, 02:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey Buster... im in the same position as you... love taking it in the shower so i dont miss anything.... but need a rom of some sort to open things up..... we can only hope the guys who know will give us a hand... pinky
8th January 2018, 11:30 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1pnk

Hey Buster... im in the same position as you... love taking it in the shower so i dont miss anything.... but need a rom of some sort to open things up..... we can only hope the guys who know will give us a hand... pinky

lets hope for the best
11th January 2018, 02:45 PM |#4  

More
root
hey Buster... you found a good root tool for the waterplay ?
26th April 2019, 06:49 PM |#7  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
I could not install Google Play, how do I? Does anyone speak Mandarin?
8th November 2019, 05:38 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatohs

I could not install Google Play, how do I? Does anyone speak Mandarin?

You need to have 2 files to enable Google Play service on the Waterplay.

You need the Huawei gms services apk (com.huawei.gmsinstaller.apk Ver. 1.2.0) , and then an google play installer (com.goplaycn.googleinstall.apk Ver. 4.8.1)

Both of these can be found easily using google search.

You need to install the gms service apk first, reboot the tablet and then install the google play installer to get the playstore app on your tablet. You might need to wait a bit after the playstore is installed for the Playstore app to update itself to the correct version before selecting the app.

Once the you select the app it will ask for your google credentials and you can go from there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei; waterplay; honor waterplay; honor

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)