Huawei Mediapad t3 7

195 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By dorpmuller, Senior Member on 27th July 2017, 05:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th November 2019, 06:18 AM |#91  
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaraider

Did some digging on renaming the update_data_hw_eu.app but all i could find was not Mediatek related, but rather HiSilicon or Qualcomm.
Related links:

Just to make sure even tried out renaming update_data_hw_eu.app and place it under the 2 new locations on the SDCard, like this:

but without any success

Under Windows:

Under Linux:

Thanks.

The only thing stopping you is that stupid phucking auth file or DA file. I don't think you have to have both to start flashing but maybe, never seen either one to try it. You wouldn't be able to use amonet without test point to short into bootrom which shows as mediatek phone mt6227. Have you looked into HCU Client & DC Phoenix. Not free but not expensive either. You can just buy server credits for what you need or best bet for me has always been 72hour license for 20 bucks. Our tablet is not on their supported list but there is a full page of exclusive dc-phoenix firmware and customization files. It can be a pain asking for help from them because if they don't know the answer they scream not supported. One of their admins told me the software they have for this device is meant for people willing to take risks and who sometimes think outside of the box. I say I'm way outside the box and explain what I'm trying to do and he said NOT SUPPORTED. If you haven't already, read functionality of hcu client and what it does for other mtk devices it will do for yours for the most part. There are some device specific things listed but what I can remember it was kinda obvious wouldn't work on ours, kinda like 4G and LTE stuff isn't gonna work on wifi-only tablet.
DC Phoenix is what I used to flash twrp past a locked bootloader. If hcu client will do repairs you can get fastboot working and dc phoenix will flash whatever you feed it, literally whatever so can be very dangerous. I was fine with it because I know my twrp works on the device no problem. Anything else would be a total gamble. What it does is circumvents device checks and fastboot checks, so fastboot doesn't care what you feed it, it will send and write it. The device doesn't get to say no because they've gotten around the checks it does. That's my explaination not theirs on what it does in a nutshell. It does more but that you can read if you want. To start off go to dc-unlocker to get hcu & dc phoenix and buy credits or license from them as some resellers try to increase the price. Had one telling me $40 for a $20 license and blaming it on exchange rates. Bought from dc-unlocker and exchange rate put it at $21.73 a far cry from the 40 that other cat was trying to rob me of.
The Following User Says Thank You to tek3195 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tek3195 Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 05:08 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek3195

The only thing stopping you is that stupid phucking auth file or DA file. I don't think you have to have both to start flashing but maybe, never seen either one to try it.

Neither do I.
But IMO JTAG Boxs use a tweaked custom DA file only, while the auth file is needed when using SP Flash Tool.

Quote:

You wouldn't be able to use amonet without test point to short into bootrom which shows as mediatek phone mt6227.

BG2-W09 test point location has not yet been revealed

Quote:

Have you looked into HCU Client & DC Phoenix. Not free but not expensive either. You can just buy server credits for what you need or best bet for me has always been 72 hour license for 20 bucks. Our tablet is not on their supported list but there is a full page of exclusive dc-phoenix firmware and customization files. [...]

It's a good choice and price.
But since an used one, in almost mint condition, is sold around 60 to 70 euros it doesn't pay off,
unless i also need to unbrick / unlock other devices.
Therefore, for the time being I'm going to leave this option on hold.
3rd December 2019, 06:19 AM |#93  
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaraider

Neither do I.
But IMO JTAG Boxs use a tweaked custom DA file only, while the auth file is needed when using SP Flash Tool.
Yeah furious gold definately uses some kind of tweaked proprietary file.

BG2-W09 test point location has not yet been revealed
That's why I had said unfortunately amonet wouldn't work.

It's a good choice and price.
But since an used one, in almost mint condition, is sold around 60 to 70 euros it doesn't pay off,
unless i also need to unbrick / unlock other devices.
Therefore, for the time being I'm going to leave this option on hold.

Yeah, 20 is a bit much for one repair on a tablet of this caliber. I had a few things I was trying with a couple other tablets and was able to sneak mine in with them. It says only one device but I was able to do three.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)