Huawei Nova 4e - China version Google Web Services blocked / aka Huawei P30 lite

Search This thread

bingoboy2222

Apr 22, 2019
I got new Huawei Nova 4e from China and would like to install Google Web Services and other google apps to the phone.

Huawei seem to block all Google apps by default including google web services, google play store, google calendar, etc even Google Keyboard.

Any ideas if I have to root a new ROM?

All help appreciated

Reactions: dmorepdx

dmorepdx

May 6, 2019
need ROM for Huawei 4e

I got new Huawei Nova 4e from China and would like to install Google Web Services and other google apps to the phone.

Huawei seem to block all Google apps by default including google web services, google play store, google calendar, etc even Google Keyboard.

All help appreciated

I need it too. this 4e is pretty useless. ROM anywhere?

aydemir17

Aug 10, 2019
I'm not sure if the services blocked but I've the same problem with the Nova 4e. can't add google account or open play store. I try many version of the store and services apk.

only this play store works
https://flb.st/jAYNq

but can't add an account so no luck yet.

aydemir17

Aug 10, 2019
Hey, could you please post the links to all the exact APKs you have installed? I've tried all recommended ones I could find and still stuck on login button.

I think you get me wrong, I only managed to work google authenticator.

Still cant add a Google account. Also many apps not properly working. If you still want to apks I can write the versions of these apps.

We need a new rom, also a way to unlock bootloader.

Tib-fr

Sep 29, 2019
Hello,
Based in France, I also bought the Nova 4e with Chinese android that is blocking most of Google apps, I couldn't even use Deezer and Whatsapp at the begining.
I have been trying all the possible scenarios that I found online, when arriving at the point of installing and launching the Google play store app (any version), the app was crashing and the phone was then becoming really unstable.
the only option I finally found, is to press *#*#2846579#*#* and do a factory reset, then restarting the phone and choosing to clone with my previous android phone (HTC desire 10 pro), after doing that download and install only these 3 APK of (reminder: at this stage you have to download APK files to install apps, from your phone directly or from a PC):
Google Account Manager.
Google Services Framework.
Google Play Services.

DON'T INSTALL GOOGLE PLAY STORE!
You can use APK Pure that is a neutral play store where you can download all popular apps just like on the classical google play store.
If you have a Gmail email box, you can use the Huawei email app that is really good or use a great alternative named myMail.
To substitute Google map you can use Waze or Here WeGo, as you need to log in with your Google account to use YouTube you can use as a substitute: Play tube app.
Google chrome is working so you can also use some Google apps like Google drive, Gmail , you tube or Google agenda from chrome.
All the other apps work fine, Facebook, instagram.... actually being in such situation make you think that Google is really everywhere in your phone and make you think differently forcing you to search for alternatives.

I bought this phone on a Chinese website, in the item description it was written "Huawei P30 Lite Nova 4E" actually if you encounter the same problem as me and you have received a NOVA 4E the seller is wrong and if you open a dispute with reason "parameter not as described" the seller will probably refused to refund but then the website should intervene and say you are right, in my case they offered me the solution below:
Option 1: Return goods Full refund (Seller pays the returning shipping fee)

I think that I will keep the phone, I will probably try to root it but It seems the bootloader code for this phone is not available at the moment, some people even say there is no code for this phone so I don't really know how to root it.

If somebody manage to do it I would be interested to have the procedure.

Reactions: edbfkn

edbfkn

Apr 10, 2009
johannesburg
Many thanks @Tib-fr for sharing this procedure, it's been the only useful hint that worked for me so far after trying multiple alternatives. My Google Chrome doesn't work but I can use Firefox. I cloned a P30 Pro into my Nova4e. Appreciated your help very much, keep well ?

Tib-fr

Sep 29, 2019
Many thanks @Tib-fr for sharing this procedure, it's been the only useful hint that worked for me so far after trying multiple alternatives. My Google Chrome doesn't work but I can use Firefox. I cloned a P30 Pro into my Nova4e. Appreciated your help very much, keep well

HEllo @edbfkn you are welcome, by cloning a p30 pro in your nova4e can you use some other google apps ?

edbfkn

Apr 10, 2009
johannesburg
I haven't tested it extensively but noticed: some apps could not be properly installed on Nova4e (probably due to lack of GMS) and I didn't need to install the 3 Google APKs as you described. Other Google apps such as Play Music work but obviously I can't log in with my account. The non-Google 3rd party apps are so far working normally ? I'll continue testing and will let u know of any new finding!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

All help appreciated
    Hello,
    Based in France, I also bought the Nova 4e with Chinese android that is blocking most of Google apps, I couldn't even use Deezer and Whatsapp at the begining.
    I have been trying all the possible scenarios that I found online, when arriving at the point of installing and launching the Google play store app (any version), the app was crashing and the phone was then becoming really unstable.
    the only option I finally found, is to press *#*#2846579#*#* and do a factory reset, then restarting the phone and choosing to clone with my previous android phone (HTC desire 10 pro), after doing that download and install only these 3 APK of (reminder: at this stage you have to download APK files to install apps, from your phone directly or from a PC):
    Google Account Manager.
    Google Services Framework.
    Google Play Services.

DON'T INSTALL GOOGLE PLAY STORE!
    You can use APK Pure that is a neutral play store where you can download all popular apps just like on the classical google play store.
    If you have a Gmail email box, you can use the Huawei email app that is really good or use a great alternative named myMail.
    To substitute Google map you can use Waze or Here WeGo, as you need to log in with your Google account to use YouTube you can use as a substitute: Play tube app.
    Google chrome is working so you can also use some Google apps like Google drive, Gmail , you tube or Google agenda from chrome.
    All the other apps work fine, Facebook, instagram.... actually being in such situation make you think that Google is really everywhere in your phone and make you think differently forcing you to search for alternatives.

I bought this phone on a Chinese website, in the item description it was written "Huawei P30 Lite Nova 4E" actually if you encounter the same problem as me and you have received a NOVA 4E the seller is wrong and if you open a dispute with reason "parameter not as described" the seller will probably refused to refund but then the website should intervene and say you are right, in my case they offered me the solution below:
    Option 1: Return goods Full refund (Seller pays the returning shipping fee)

I think that I will keep the phone, I will probably try to root it but It seems the bootloader code for this phone is not available at the moment, some people even say there is no code for this phone so I don't really know how to root it.

If somebody manage to do it I would be interested to have the procedure.