20 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By sartrism, Junior Member on 11th August 2017, 05:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2018, 06:57 PM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
!error
I cannot authenticate my dpt-rp1 using dpt-tools.py. The IP address is right as far as I know. What should I do right now?

28th December 2018, 05:51 AM |#182  

More
adb
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanzi

That's elegant. Well, I was just reinventing the wheel then. Good to know it works!

Good to hear, I wrote you a small recovery steps also.. I fixed the script (hopefully) so it wouldn't make the same mistake again.

Sorry to bother you. My dpt-rp1 is not shown in adb devices. I followed every step and got to root the device. Without connecting as an adb device, the dpt-rp1 cannot download a launcher and apps. What's the problem here? Thanks!
28th December 2018, 09:12 AM |#183  

More
I am able to root the device. Many thanks for the hard work!

I am trying to use Moon+ to locate my pdf files, but I couldn't find the corresponding System Storage folder where I store my pdf's.
28th December 2018, 03:38 PM |#184  

More
adb
Quote:
Originally Posted by serige

I am able to root the device. Many thanks for the hard work!

I am trying to use Moon+ to locate my pdf files, but I couldn't find the corresponding System Storage folder where I store my pdf's.

Are you able to connect the device to adb shell? How do you do that? I flashed the modded boot image, but the device did not show up as an adb device.
2nd January 2019, 01:47 PM |#185  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntaylors

Are you able to connect the device to adb shell? How do you do that? I flashed the modded boot image, but the device did not show up as an adb device.

Make sure you flash the correct image, the one boot-1.4.01.16100-mod-happyz-181214.img, it will confirm the MD5 sum once you flash an image, make sure that is the correct MD5. In my case, I had to rename the img file under /root directory before it will flash the the image I uploaded. Hope it helps.
6th January 2019, 01:56 PM |#186  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Everthing worked. Can connect via diagnose and adb isn't working. Tried it on a Win 10 and Linux Mint 18.3. Sony Digital Paper App is still working via USB
The copied boot image has MD5 72c3f46f0459dadb64be4d9e6c075be2
not
1867e8378c68753224677f8e00f81aad
like in your MD5 file. Whats wrong?

Update 1: You have to rename or remove the boot.img.bak in the "/root" directory.

Now I'm getting "error: insufficient permissions for device". SD drive mount is working

Update 2: The following 2 commands worked to get "adb shell" running.
adb kill-server
sudo adb start-server

Now I tried to add a Launcher icon without success. Nothing appears after the steps in the ADB tricks.
Another question. Is it possible to sync PDFs directly to the device for example with Dropbox and use it it the Sony Reader App?
6th January 2019, 04:46 PM |#187  

More
quick post with some info:

I have the GoodeReader hacked DPT-RP1 and thought maybe the versions of Google Play services and Google play store could be of useful information for those trying to get the play store working on this hack.

Google Play Services 14.7.99
Google Play Store 5.10.30

My brief thoughts on the hacked version from GoodeReader, shipped directly from China to me... It's buggy and not as smooth an experience as I hoped. Many apps from the play store, the less developed apps, fail to even load, while the more advanced apps are more often to work. Few other quirks, more thorough thoughts are posted in the mobileread.com forums. Good luck and continued success to all working on this!
6th January 2019, 08:32 PM |#188  

More
Many thanks for the tutorial (1st page) - all works! Hint: use COMx instead of /dev/tty.xxx if you're using Windows.

Just one question so far: any hints how to change font in default web-browser? (or system-wide) Cause seems default fonts (orig.Chinese?) have enormous char intervals when displaying Cyrillic texts.
NB: replacing /system/fonts/Roboto*.ttf with local fonts doesn't help... Also seems replaced font disappeared from Browser--settings--accessebility--Font style list

p.s. maybe it is useful to make a short list of tested apps like the first page notes (to save our testing time)
For example Rotation_Control_Pro_v.1.1.9 is very useful for forced landscape mode
7th January 2019, 06:36 PM |#189  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smx06

Just one question so far: any hints how to change font in default web-browser? (or system-wide) Cause seems default fonts (orig.Chinese?) have enormous char intervals

fixed with editing fonts.xml system_fonts.xml etc
(inwin kbd started to crash after this but it can be changed to other keyboard with adb shell am start -a android.settings.INPUT_METHOD_SETTINGS after this installed "hacker's keyboard" app works!)
p.s.
seems fonts replacing was not so good idea, native DigitalPaperApp also crashes (which is much worse than unneeded inwin-keyboard crashes)
the problem with DPapp crash is in fonts_split_1_common.xml when i replace
<font weight="xxx" style="normal">SSTJpPro-Regular.otf</font>
with
<font weight="xxx" style="normal">Roboto-Regular.ttf</font>
(the 2nd font have no Jap symbols inside, maybe this is the source, curious how to solve it)
13th January 2019, 06:46 PM |#190  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smx06

seems fonts replacing was not so good idea, native DigitalPaperApp also crashes (which is much worse than unneeded inwin-keyboard crashes)
the problem with DPapp crash is in fonts_split_1_common.xml when i replace

self-answering:
there is no need to touch fonts_split_1_common.xml then DPapp works OK and changing fonts.xml is enough to make browser using replaced Roboto-xx.ttf
25th January 2019, 12:36 PM |#191  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankerzhiwu

I have kicked my DPT-RP1 into diagnose mode.

The method is plugging an OTG cable whose ID pin is soldered with 7.87 k resistor to GND. Press and hold home button while the device is booting up. Finally you will get a gray rectangle at the center of the screen. On the computer, a USB modem device will be detected and a login tty will be on that tty.

Now, the question arises that we need to crack the login password. The shadow hash is

Code:
$6$HtJrWqxU$gJtuFqZLU/tOwjrXY1dxLgh021mKpNlI4wOn8eEkiD3qj7Tb69.iKNh6KpzE6rotBaCGPH3PjYDKPbmHaaDCw1

Does anyone have any idea on that hash?

where is the resistor in your photo?
I need to solder a cable for myself to unlock a special hacked rp1. Because your JB1/2.pkg both not working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)