Iffalcon 55k2a android tv stuck at boot screen. help!

Search This thread

firoz3321

Apr 30, 2011
Hyderabad
I own an iffalcon 55k2a android tv running oreo.
Suddenly yesterday the TV restarted while i was tinkering around the developer settings (i clicked on show pointer location) and from then on TV is not turning ON.

Stuck at Android booting screen. Tried entering recovery screen but showing android icon with ERROR as text. I didn't find any hard reset buttons on the TV.

Please help. How can i force reset the TV.

Reactions: KrishPrabakar

prakash iyer

Jun 4, 2019
Suddenly yesterday the TV restarted while i was tinkering around the developer settings (i clicked on show pointer location) and from then on TV is not turning ON.

Stuck at Android booting screen. Tried entering recovery screen but showing android icon with ERROR as text. I didn't find any hard reset buttons on the TV.

Were you able to solve this issue?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Guys if there is any way to hard reset the android tv please help.
If you connect a pc using adb, does it get any response to the TV?

Or, try this process to reflash/update the firmware, it should return to default settings. Just make sure you find the correct software for your specific tv then use this method to flash the firmware that you downloaded.

https://xdaforums.com/android/general/iffalcon-tv-india-rom-links-t3892518

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Were you able to solve this issue?
Check my post above if you are having issues, flashing the firmware via the manual update process might solve your issues.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I just got into the same trouble here, is there no alternative other than replacing the motherboard, cause my warranty is over just 10 days back. :'(
Read this thread again, notice how no one was able to solve this issue in this thread, then carefully consider your question again.

The parts for these TV's are inexpensive.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I got it working without replacing the motherboard :good: :cool: , thanks
You didn't have exactly the same issue for the same reasons, you got lucky.

Why don't you post how you got working, that way anyone that comes here looking for answers will find some potentially useful information instead of a thread full of posts that doesn't really help them find answers/solutions? All these other users didn't get anything useful out of this thread, maybe you can change for future visitors.

naveennamani

May 28, 2020
You didn't have exactly the same issue for the same reasons, you got lucky.

Why don't you post how you got working, that way anyone that comes here looking for answers will find some potentially useful information instead of a thread full of posts that doesn't really help them find answers/solutions? All these other users didn't get anything useful out of this thread, maybe you can change for future visitors.

Yeah I'm sorry, I'm about to post how I solved.

I got into exactly the same problem, I've the same IFFALCON 55K2A TV, recently it got OTA update to the Oreo version, so I was just experimenting with the developer options, and clicked on the show pointer option in the developer settings, then the device restarted and stuck in the loading screen. When I tried to enter into recovery mode, it shown android icon with "error" text and the device restarted and stuck in the loading screen again.

At first, I downloaded the Oreo update from the following link, which was mentioned by you in this thread.
http://www.mediacenter.tcl.eu/uploads/common/MT58_Android O_V551.zip

I installed this update, but the same problem repeated. It got stuck in the loading screen.
As I observed this is a zip file with the update. but I've seen some threads where it was mentioned to use signed .pkg files than the zip files. After searching a bit, I found a thread
https://xdaforums.com/android/general/iffalcon-tv-india-rom-links-t3892518/page6
and I got a v544 of the Oreo update whereas the OTA update is of v551.
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1lr8sGZ7OF_Nylm6yWnrNrka9L_NplNS_&export=download

So, I installed this downgraded version, and I noticed that, when I installed this version, after installation finish, a screen was shown indicating the device memory is being erased which didn't happen when I installed v551.
After that, the setup screen came and the device turned ON after setup is complete.

I exactly don't know the reason for this behavior, but I assume that the developer settings kind of messed with the bootloader, and when I first updated with v551, it didn't effected the bootloader, and when I downgraded it restored the bootloader to the proper settings. If anyone understand what the problem might be, you can enlighten me.

I hope this answer helps someone out.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt

I got into exactly the same problem, I've the same IFFALCON 55K2A TV, recently it got OTA update to the Oreo version, so I was just experimenting with the developer options, and clicked on the show pointer option in the developer settings, then the device restarted and stuck in the loading screen. When I tried to enter into recovery mode, it shown android icon with "error" text and the device restarted and stuck in the loading screen again.

At first, I downloaded the Oreo update from the following link, which was mentioned by you in this thread.

I installed this update, but the same problem repeated. It got stuck in the loading screen.

As I observed this is a zip file with the update. but I've seen some threads where it was mentioned to use signed .pkg files than the zip files. After searching a bit, I found a thread

https://xdaforums.com/android/general/iffalcon-tv-india-rom-links-t3892518/page6

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1lr8sGZ7OF_Nylm6yWnrNrka9L_NplNS_&export=download

So, I installed this downgraded version, and I noticed that, when I installed this version, after installation finish, a screen was shown indicating the device memory is being erased which didn't happen when I installed v551.

After that, the setup screen came and the device turned ON after setup is complete.

I exactly don't know the reason for this behavior, but I assume that the developer settings kind of messed with the bootloader, and when I first updated with v551, it didn't effected the bootloader, and when I downgraded it restored the bootloader to the proper settings. If anyone understand what the problem might be, you can enlighten me.

Yes, when I posted that link, I specifically stated that they needed to find the correct firmware and then I said to flash the firmware using the "instructions" in the link that I posted, I did not say to use the firmware linked in the guide from that thread.

Btw, the thread that you said you "found" is the exact same thread that I posted for them to use as instructions, the firmware you found must have been posted in another post somewhere in that thread.

The "show pointer" setting is meant for developers, it is something they use when developing the test builds of the firmware before the completed version is finalized. Part of its function is it displays information in the status bar detailing where the screen has been touched when this setting is enabled on a phone or tablet, but TV's do not have a status bar and most, if any, don't have touch functionality. When you enabled the setting, it was trying to display information in a status bar(a status bar that your TV doesn't have) and it was trying to detect, interpret and display touch input(touch input that it has no way of detecting because the TV has no touch related hardware). This creates a soft-brick scenario, which is what causes the device to bootloop after enabling the "show pointer" setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tajammul163

naveennamani

May 28, 2020
Naveen namani sir, i have 1 doubt v544 signed pkg file should be extracted or copy paste as it in the pendrive and it is should plugin in the first usb port?:confused:

You don't need to extract anything from that pkg file. Put as it is in the formatted pendrive, I plugged the pendrive in second USB port, the update will take atleast 20min, and it doesn't show any progressbar kind of status, so just wait till the update process completes and the TV restarts

arulprakash12

Sep 17, 2020
Thanks a lot for your help. Technician came and told me to change the motherboard, But i have tried your method and installed the OS. Really really helpful. we should not believe TCL/IFFalcon technicans, They cheat and they charge too much for their service and there is no proper rate card. Once again thanks a ton for your post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, when I posted that link, I specifically stated that they needed to find the correct firmware and then I said to flash the firmware using the "instructions" in the link that I posted, I did not say to use the firmware linked in the guide from that thread.

Btw, the thread that you said you "found" is the exact same thread that I posted for them to use as instructions, the firmware you found must have been posted in another post somewhere in that thread.

The "show pointer" setting is meant for developers, it is something they use when developing the test builds of the firmware before the completed version is finalized. Part of its function is it displays information in the status bar detailing where the screen has been touched when this setting is enabled on a phone or tablet, but TV's do not have a status bar and most, if any, don't have touch functionality. When you enabled the setting, it was trying to display information in a status bar(a status bar that your TV doesn't have) and it was trying to detect, interpret and display touch input(touch input that it has no way of detecting because the TV has no touch related hardware). This creates a soft-brick scenario, which is what causes the device to bootloop after enabling the "show pointer" setting.