Need system.img for Prestigio MultiPad Thunder 7.0i - could you extract it for me?

Search This thread

VanCoding

Jan 14, 2015
Hi @ all Presitigio MultiPad Thunder 7.0i owners!

I've accitentially erased my system partition. Could someone maybe extract it for me from a working & unmodified device?

To do so, you'll have to start the tabled into fastboot mode by turning the tablet off completely and then holding the power and volume down button until it's in fastboot mode.
Now you can run "launcher.bat" from IntelAndroid-FBRL (http://xdaforums.com/android/development/intel-android-devices-root-temp-cwm-t2975096) and use T3 to run the clockworkmod recovery.

If that's done, you can do "adb shell" from windows and extract the image using dd if=/dev/block/platform/intel/by-label/system of=/sdcard/system.img

After rebooting normally, you can now get the system.img file from the usb-storage of the device and upload it for me.

Thank you very very much!!!

Last edited:

GokulNC

Jan 10, 2015
Chennai
github.com
Hi @ all Presitigio MultiPad Thunder 7.0i owners!

I've accitentially erased my system partition. Could someone maybe extract it for me from a working & unmodified device?

Instead of asking others, you could do it yourself :)

Download the stock ROM for your device.
Extract the system.img from the package using the following tutorial:
[Tutorial] How to extract System.img on Windows

Or if you can't find stock ROMs for your device, ask someone here:
PRESTIGIO series thread. Hacks, Roms and Software

Last edited:

VanCoding

Jan 14, 2015
Sadly, Prestigio does not provide the stock image/rom for this device and it's also not available somewhere else on the internet as far as I know.
I've contacted Prestigio directly for this and were communicating with their support for over a week but they refuse to give me the image/rom. Not even if I'd pay the for it!

But I'll ask on your mentioned thread for it, too. Thanks!

Update

I can't post there because I've written too less posts :(

VanCoding

Jan 14, 2015
Done!

I've now bought a second multipad thunder 7.0i and was able to retreive the system image off it and write it to the first one.
Now I have 2 working tablets :)

If anyone needs the image, just contact me, I'll help you repair your tablet! ;)