FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Inability to upgrade my htc 10 os from nougat to oreo! (2.41.401.4)

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By antstrides, Junior Member on 15th August 2019, 09:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Everyone,

It's a privilege to be here, Pls I have endlessly searched the threads but none was helpful so far.

I want to update my HTC 10 from Nougat 7.0 to Oreo 8.0 but everytime I download through the settings and about phone and click on software update; it complains the Os has been modified and asuch update will be reverted.

I already downloaded 3.16.617.2 from HTC official portal but it gave same complain.

My software build number is 2.41.401.4, Baseband Version: [email protected]
Please someone should help me with the link of its Oreo 8.0, build number...
ruu...exe download link, thanks in advance.

Yesterday, 04:42 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by antstrides

Hi Everyone,

It's a privilege to be here, Pls I have endlessly searched the threads but none was helpful so far.

I want to update my HTC 10 from Nougat 7.0 to Oreo 8.0 but everytime I download through the settings and about phone and click on software update; it complains the Os has been modified and asuch update will be reverted.

I already downloaded 3.16.617.2 from HTC official portal but it gave same complain.

My software build number is 2.41.401.4, Baseband Version: [email protected]

Please someone should help me with the link of its Oreo 8.0, build number...

ruu...exe download link, thanks in advance.

If your device is rooted or if you have TWRP installed, you can't apply the update via OTA

If you want to update via OTA, you will have to unroot your device and undo any changes that you made to the system partition and you will have to replace TWRP with a copy of your stock recovery. Then you can apply the update. You will have to root and install TWRP again after the update is applied.

Or, you can manually download the update from the internet and then use a PC to manually flash via your device's compatible flashtool or via fastboot(whichever is intended to flash firmware on your device).

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
Today, 09:21 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I already tried what you suggest but to no avail!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

If your device is rooted or if you have TWRP installed, you can't apply the update via OTA

If you want to update via OTA, you will have to unroot your device and undo any changes that you made to the system partition and you will have to replace TWRP with a copy of your stock recovery. Then you can apply the update. You will have to root and install TWRP again after the update is applied.

Or, you can manually download the update from the internet and then use a PC to manually flash via your device's compatible flashtool or via fastboot(whichever is intended to flash firmware on your device).

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Good Morning Everyone,

@Droidriven, thanks for your kind response, but I did what you suggest, re-install Nougat Rom from Htc official link deliberately did not root it at first, click on the OTA & yet, got same complain.

I even tried 2.41.401.41--3.16.401.2_S-On_firmware.zip with it but doesn't still work.

But from my research, this is what I found out that works..

* The Phone (HTC 10) is Hong Kong Unlocked Version with build number 2.41.401.4, [email protected] as its base band.

the ROM that will work must share same details with the one provided above.

Anyone that has Oreo 8.0 (2.41.401.4) Update in RUU file format, should Please kindly share its download link with me, I regret the inconveniences, thanks in advance.
Today, 09:26 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I already tried what you suggest but to no avail!
Good Morning Everyone,

@Droidriven, thanks for your kind response, but I did what you suggest, re-install Nougat Rom from Htc official link deliberately did not root it at first,
click on the OTA & yet, got same complain.

I even tried 2.41.401.41--3.16.401.2_S-On_firmware.zip with it but doesn't still work.

But from my research, this is what I found out that works..

* The Phone (HTC 10) is Hong Kong Unlocked Version with build number 2.41.401.4, [email protected] as its base band.

the ROM that will work must share same details with the one provided above.

Anyone that has Oreo 8.0 (2.41.401.4) Update in RUU file format, should Please kindly share its download link with me, I regret the inconveniences, thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)