FORUMS

Internet Security apps

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By patricia123, Junior Member on 4th June 2020, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey !!
Do Andriod phones need antivirus or internet security as a must? If so provide me some links..
Thankxxxx in advance
4th June 2020, 08:11 AM |#2  
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 583

Donate to Me
More
The Answer Has been moved to a thread dedicated to security question and other advices to modify safely our Android Devices
Here is the post
4th June 2020, 06:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiz

It absolutely doesn't, please don't download them, those are mostly commercial sh*t apps full of ads that plays with the fears of users.

Android Security advice :
• Just don't install apps that you don't trust (apk files and weird looking Google play apps)
• Never share your passwords with somebody not trusted, use a different one for each of you accounts.
Find more here :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/security

General security and privacy:
• a VPN isn't a magic app that allows you to go completely invisible, even I can find who you are simply by using your latest Instagram post, the government doesn't have money to spend spying on you anyway
• Public WiFi internet browsing is like taking a bath naked around other people, everybody can see what you're doing and can interact with your browsing by sending you pop up messages on your browser. In that case the VPN is useful. But please don't use anything other than your WiFi network to pay online.
• Change password at least once a year
• For God sake be careful on what you share on social medias !
• If someone blackmails you, just ignore him even if he show you he has your real password/footage of you doing nasty things, most of the time they haven't and tries to scare you. But take action on your account, just don't answer them.
• Not having any of your IRL infos online is a good idea, but it tends to be more and more difficult because of Google assistant, and other Google services that are super intrusive (I mean even with your YouTube Google know your tastes better than your buds). But don't panic, if you're not a terrorist or a criminal you're not risking your life.

Keep in mind that your security is fine most of the time if you have solid password, and you don't give them away, but your privacy is not if you have a social media account of any type. If you post something on the internet, remember it'll stay forever out there, whatever you do !

App that I use to keep my Android phone in good health (install them sometimes to clean up/check on my phone's state then I uninstall them):
Google File Go (cleans files)
AccuBattery (check the battery health)
CPU-Z(has everything you want to know about your device)

When I need to backup an app's data or the entire app:
Titanium Backup

Here you go, I gave you very few the security advises, there are plenty more, don't hesitate to check the internet out for more !

Have a nice day

I have 2 edits to your suggestions
1. Change your passwords monthly, preferably using a password manager that suggests really hard random passwords
2. Swift backup is much newer and more efficient than titanium backup ever was.

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to spart0n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spart0n Ad-Free
Yesterday, 07:58 AM |#4  
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 583

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spart0n

I have 2 edits to your suggestions
1. Change your passwords monthly, preferably using a password manager that suggests really hard random passwords
2. Swift backup is much newer and more efficient than titanium backup ever was.

I'll update my first post continuously with every recommendation that'll follow on this thread to create the sort of "Index of Android Security". I created a new thread for security questions
Didn't knew about swift backup, what a great app!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)