FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Jelly by Unihertz - the smallest 4g Phone Ever

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 13
 
By johnnynmonic, Member on 26th August 2017, 06:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th October 2017, 02:04 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
can we use magisk su?
 
 
5th October 2017, 04:44 AM |#12  
Cralex's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Jelly by Unihertz - the smallest 4g Phone Ever
I was having trouble booting up to Android with TWRP installed, even with the directions in the original thread, so I reflashed stock boot/recovery and installed Magisk Manager. (I was going to use Magisk anyway.) I used it to patch the stock bootloader from the original thread, then flashed the patched bootloader. Magisk works fine now on my Jelly Pro with stock recovery.

If you use an SD card, Magisk and Xposed won’t work unless they are on internal storage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cralex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cralex Ad-Free
10th October 2017, 10:05 AM |#13  
invertedskull's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Wow, I'm surprised root was gained by someone on this thing, but that is awesome! I reckon I'll haveta do it to mine too!

Reckon this thread will get it's own "Unihertz Jelly" section? Moderators?
10th October 2017, 11:53 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 935
 
More
Yeah, would be good to have a forum to go to...
Will have to root mine now too
12th October 2017, 01:16 AM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Bad customer service!!!!
Placed order through Unihertz website on 9/26/17. I have not even received a confirmation email regarding the order. I even posted to their customer "service" forum hoping to get some reply. It has been three weeks! Now I find out Amazon is selling the JellyPhone with Prime, while the Unihertz site is listing "21 days to 30" days for shipment. As a company that is trying to break into the consumer market(rather than OEM) they should attempt to take better care of customers.
12th October 2017, 03:35 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman2401

Placed order through Unihertz website on 9/26/17. I have not even received a confirmation email regarding the order. I even posted to their customer "service" forum hoping to get some reply. It has been three weeks! Now I find out Amazon is selling the JellyPhone with Prime, while the Unihertz site is listing "21 days to 30" days for shipment. As a company that is trying to break into the consumer market(rather than OEM) they should attempt to take better care of customers.

I bought one on amazon and emailed [email protected] to cancel my orders. They were still in 'processing' status and hadnt shipped.
14th October 2017, 11:31 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralex

I was having trouble booting up to Android with TWRP installed, even with the directions in the original thread

I've managed to install TWRP using that instructions. After that I installed SuperSU, then deinstalled SuperSU and installed Magisk. But one app didn't work well, so I decided to reinstall Magisk. And I've made one big mistake: haven't made backup, and got a softbrick. I've managed to unbrick it, but some things goes wrong.
So now I'm looking for stock firmware to flash. If someone can get TWRP backup of all folders except userdata and cache, please upload somewhere and post here the link.
15th October 2017, 04:07 PM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username I can't imagine

I've managed to install TWRP using that instructions. After that I installed SuperSU, then deinstalled SuperSU and installed Magisk. But one app didn't work well, so I decided to reinstall Magisk. And I've made one big mistake: haven't made backup, and got a softbrick. I've managed to unbrick it, but some things goes wrong.
So now I'm looking for stock firmware to flash. If someone can get TWRP backup of all folders except userdata and cache, please upload somewhere and post here the link.

Me too with the exact same problem, PLEASE HELP! SOS!

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishehad

Me too with the exact same problem, PLEASE HELP! SOS!

I got along!

I entered into the stock recovery (long press on power button + volume up from power off state, and after the recovery loaded, simultaneously pressing on the 3 physical buttons and the "Home" soft button)
I chose wipe data, and then I chose booting to bootloader.
I re-flashed the TWRP recovery, entered it, and using ADB sideload to re-installed SuperSu, and I rebooted to System mode.

The system has been re-uploaded, and without encryption!

I think the problem was that I made a change to the NVRAM, and as soon as I re-flashed the stock boot and recovery, it checks the integrity of the partitions, and does not agree to boot if they are not original. As soon as I returned the SuperSu from the TWRP it canceled the test and allowed to boot as usual. Just a hypothesis, the main thing is that it works ...
15th October 2017, 04:17 PM |#19  
I would watch the Unihertz forum they may post firmware there sometime.
http://www.unihertz.com/bbs/forum.ph...display&fid=43
15th October 2017, 06:02 PM |#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishehad

I got along!

I entered into the stock recovery (long press on power button + volume up from power off state, and after the recovery loaded, simultaneously pressing on the 3 physical buttons and the "Home" soft button)
I chose wipe data, and then I chose booting to bootloader.
I re-flashed the TWRP recovery, entered it, and using ADB sideload to re-installed SuperSu, and I rebooted to System mode.

So can you please backup system and vendor folders using TWRP and upload? I need them Did you do the backup?

Btw you don't need to "simultaneously pressing on the 3 physical buttons" it works with short press power button + volume up. Sometimes it works at first time, but usually you need to press them several times.
21st October 2017, 07:57 PM |#21  
TWRP Backup or System Image?
Managed to wipe System (don't ask) while messing about with TWRP.
Anyone got a TWRP backup/sys img they want to share so I can get back up and running TIA


Update 24-10-17
TWRP System backup for Jelly Pro
https://mega.nz/#!dFMzAS7C!SeCifTFyx...QN6cK5w9PqtwDE

credit to @ecocat for making backup and sharing
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gav2fc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gav2fc Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, jelly, nougat, unihertz

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes