Remove All Ads from XDA

Jelly by Unihertz - the smallest 4g Phone Ever

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By johnnynmonic, Member on 26th August 2017, 06:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st October 2017, 07:57 PM |#21  
TWRP Backup or System Image?
Managed to wipe System (don't ask) while messing about with TWRP.
Anyone got a TWRP backup/sys img they want to share so I can get back up and running TIA

Update 24-10-17
TWRP System backup for Jelly Pro
https://mega.nz/#!dFMzAS7C!SeCifTFyx...QN6cK5w9PqtwDE

credit to @ecocat for making backup and sharing
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gav2fc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gav2fc Ad-Free

23rd October 2017, 05:11 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
other support more

this is undoubtedly one of the most innovative terminals that have been presented in recent years. Unfortunately with the ROM they have not done a good job, the battery lasts very, very little

but in that it is expert this forum, therefore we give a quality ROM and we make this terminal incredible powerful !!!
24th October 2017, 11:03 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a similar problem to what has been already seen, when I use TWRP, the device won't boot and when I put back the stock recovery, it boots fine after doing a factory reset.
3rd November 2017, 03:13 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Flashed TWRP and after installed SuperSU through ADB Sideload, enabled System partition modification, then made a full backup and finally wiped Data partition to fix Password Encrypted TWRP, now System partition can be restored from a backup and no password encrypted notification on TWRP boot

Version Unihertz_Jelly-Pro_20171103 is up, if anyone without root and TWRP can create a System image and share? Because with root, I can't update OTA
The Following User Says Thank You to kostas-k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kostas-k Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 11:00 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas-k

Flashed TWRP and after installed SuperSU through ADB Sideload, enabled System partition modification, then made a full backup and finally wiped Data partition to fix Password Encrypted TWRP, now System partition can be restored from a backup and no password encrypted notification on TWRP boot

Version Unihertz_Jelly-Pro_20171103 is up, if anyone without root and TWRP can create a System image and share? Because with root, I can't update OTA

First of all, thanks for your instructions! Just yerterday I did wipe in order to install root with the previous firmware... Any chance to install that system image without losing data? I am aware that if you don't install any rom cleaning the previous one you can encounter different bugs.
Waiting for that system image! Thanks in advance.
6th November 2017, 12:17 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloluih

First of all, thanks for your instructions! Just yerterday I did wipe in order to install root with the previous firmware... Any chance to install that system image without losing data? I am aware that if you don't install any rom cleaning the previous one you can encounter different bugs.
Waiting for that system image! Thanks in advance.

Decided to factory reset to update to latest version, but I got an "error" after reboot and update couldn't finish. I locked bootloader again to chech if that was the problem but again nothing.

Updated to previous version (the one that has been rmoved from Unihertz) using system image only from TWRP without any problems and bugs, but first cleaned system, dalvik cache and cache partitions
6th November 2017, 05:54 PM |#27  

More
After trying to update to latest version through stock recovery, I get error on log:
Source: Unihertz/Jelly-pro/Jelly pro:7.0/NRD90M/xxxxxxxxxx: user/release-keys
Target: Unihertz/Jelly-pro/Jelly pro:7.0/NRD90M/xxxxxxxxxx: user/release-keys
E3001: Package expectsbuild fingerpring of Unihertz Source: Unihertz/Jelly-pro/Jelly pro:7.0/NRD90M/xxxxxxxxxx: user/release-keys
Target: Unihertz/Jelly-pro/Jelly pro:7.0/NRD90M/xxxxxxxxxx: user/release-keys; this device has alps/full....

Any help? Does it have to do with flashing System.img from a different device? Or flashing with an update that has been cancelled by Uniuhertz?
6th November 2017, 06:27 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Jelly by Unihertz - the smallest 4g Phone Ever
Just installed the latest OTA as a Magisk user with stock recovery using FlashFire and wanted to share my experience. (I don’t have experience with TWRP on my Jelly Pro because I never got it working, so you will probably need extra steps to update if you’re using it.) Again, this is for a Jelly (Pro) rooted using Magisk, WITHOUT modifications to the system partition! You should have a backup first. (I didn’t, but I got lucky and it worked.)

I followed directions from here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/...r/docs/tips.md

Edit: try the following at your own risk. I think something went wrong during the upgrade, hence the “red state” warning, because now my phone is getting uncomfortably warm and losing power quickly while turned on. I’m going to flash the updated stock firmware and then root again to see if it helps.

1. From Magisk Manager, press the Uninstall button and select the Restore Stock Boot option. Be careful not to reboot after doing this!
2. Download the OTA using your phone’s system update, but don’t install it.
3. Open FlashFire. It won’t find the OTA automatically, so we need to browse to it.
3. Choose install Zip or OTA and browse to /data/data/com.adups.fota/files/adupsfota/update.zip . I didn’t select any of the options it gave me. I couldn’t see the entries in FlashFire’s file browser at first, but tapping on the top of the white file browser box let me navigate as normal.
4. Select install Zip or OTA again and browse to wherever you have the latest Magisk .zip installed. Don’t select any of the options it gives you. This will reinstall Magisk after the OTA is installed.
5. Tap on Everroot and make sure to disable it! If you don’t, it will install SuperSU.
6. If everything looks right, make sure your phone has sufficient battery power and hit install in FlashFire.

After a minute or two, FlashFire will start the install process. It claimed that system had been mounted read/write once before, but I remember specifically avoiding doing so... I couldn’t do anything about that anyway, so I just let the process continue. It started verifying the system partition next, which took a VERY long time. It felt like 10-15 minutes, but I didn’t time it. I was starting to lose hope and google for solutions when it started applying the patches to update the system and reinstall Magisk.

When I first installed Magisk, it complained about bring in “Orange State” before booting because the bootloader was unlocked. Now it says “Red State” and says that it failed verification before booting... I don’t know if I did something wrong or if this is expected behavior or not, but it starts booting afterwards like normal.

First boot after the update took an extremely long time for me. I just let the boot animation run on and on and eventually it finished. It complained that the SD card wasn’t inserted for some reason, so I rebooted. Boot was much faster (again saying red state) and it recognized the SD card right away.
6th November 2017, 10:11 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Here is the 2017-11-03 update file
I pulled it off my Jelly Pro today from /storage/3733-EA79/Android/data/com.adups.fota/files/adupsfota/update.zip , which is my external SD card rather than the emulated one. I haven't yet tried to apply it due to stories suggesting that TWRP users are all having issues. Please post if you are able to apply it through TWRP effectively. Note that the file's original name is just update.zip

mega.nz/#!AWQ1zK6B!9zJmF96z9yCBJUhAMhlEMQDKbPGALcrOe3mC5Yg w5oE
6th November 2017, 11:14 PM |#30  
Flag ATX
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas-k

I'm unable to update to the latest either since I've installed TWRP. I downloaded the update via the update utility, but I get an error flashing it via TWRP. I also tried sideloading it via TWRP. No luck. Even trying to install it from the stock recovery (install update from SDCard and install updated from ADB) failed. Any help with this would be appreciated.
7th November 2017, 08:18 AM |#31  

More
Here you can find the shared files from Unihertz in order to flash to stock using MTK SP Tool and then update to latest version
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kostas-k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kostas-k Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, jelly, nougat, unihertz

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)