FORUMS

LG Aristo 3 X220MA Root Search

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Reckless459, Junior Member on 13th February 2019, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I just got the Aristo 3 and wanted to root it. after an extensive search I have come up empty. Does anyone know if there is a method available to use yet or maybe something is in the works? I've unlocked flashing but I cant seem to boot recovery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Reckless459 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Reckless459 Ad-Free
14th February 2019, 06:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Same ive spent about 6 hours researching this ive never built my own root before however i just dont have the time to do whats needed. From what i researched get the original boot rom from lg bridge and perform a restore to download the factory boot image then use magisk to rebuild the image
15th February 2019, 06:06 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvitethedark

Same ive spent about 6 hours researching this ive never built my own root before however i just dont have the time to do whats needed. From what i researched get the original boot rom from lg bridge and perform a restore to download the factory boot image then use magisk to rebuild the image

Hmm I'll give it a try. The phone is still new enough that I don't have much saved to it and if I brick it can take it back
15th February 2019, 07:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
should be able to just get the boot image may be the aristo 2 dev would pick this up since he's familiar with it I see you have a few posts in that forum maybe you can send that dev a message see if they would pick it up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nvitethedark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nvitethedark Ad-Free
22nd March 2019, 07:24 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I eagerly await any progress in this run! My girlfriend cracked her screen on her Aristo 2 and decided that it was time to upgrade. I've never been disappointed in the idea of upgrading my phone...until it meant giving up my Aristoboy Mk.2(which was/is quite formidable)and rooted status along with it. If there is anything I might read about the process online, I would at very least consider the task myself. I am learning, but I have some decent skills and experience behind me. Please let me know if I can assist in any way. If not, I hope to see the first strides towards tackling this latest addition to the Aristo line!

My thanks to all my fellow devs here! You each make up a piece of the whole collection that make this, hands down the best forum/online community available the world over! Keep it up! We are making a difference in so many lives!

Your friend,
~[ProTech]~
3rd April 2019, 09:51 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
So I've been busy as **** lately, but I found that the issue seems to be with the os more than the phone itself. I'm not that proficient with downgrading the os to a earlier version since this phone came stock with Oreo. I will try and talk to some of the devs who did the aristo 2 x210ma. Hopefully they have a solution. I've been using my 2 instead. I never realized how much you can't do with a stock phone and os.
6th April 2019, 08:33 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 61

Donate to Me
More
OK here's something you can try...
first get dev-patched LGup {GooGle It}
then use the Dump function of Lgup to dump All partitions from your fone...
look for boot_COM{some#here} and rename it to boot.img
put that file on your fones sdcard and install magisk manager app.
use magisk manager app to patch that boot.img file.
find the new file patched_boot.img whereever magisk put it on your sdcard...
move it to your desktop or a folder etc. on P.C
now try to flash it to your fone...
Code:
 adb reboot bootloader
Code:
 fastboot oem unlock
if that works your bootloader is now unlocked you'll have to reboot the fone once as it'll erase cache and data...
after that
again do
Code:
 adb reboot bootloader
now try
Code:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
if that works....
Code:
fastboot reboot
and you'll have root by magisk.
if fastboot's not working other option is to rename "patched_boot.img" to "boot.img"
and then use Partitions DL option in lgup to flash the "patched"boot.img to the phone...
if that works you'll have root by magisk...

If this helped you feel free to hit thanks and come back to post the results plz.
Thanks
6th April 2019, 11:48 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LgPWN'd

OK here's something you can try...
first get dev-patched LGup {GooGle It}
then use the Dump function of Lgup to dump All partitions from your fone...
look for boot_COM{some#here} and rename it to boot.img
put that file on your fones sdcard and install magisk manager app.
use magisk manager app to patch that boot.img file.
find the new file patched_boot.img whereever magisk put it on your sdcard...
move it to your desktop or a folder etc. on P.C
now try to flash it to your fone...

Code:
 adb reboot bootloader
Code:
 fastboot oem unlock
if that works your bootloader is now unlocked you'll have to reboot the fone once as it'll erase cache and data...
after that
again do
Code:
 adb reboot bootloader
now try
Code:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
if that works....
Code:
fastboot reboot
and you'll have root by magisk.
if fastboot's not working other option is to rename "patched_boot.img" to "boot.img"
and then use Partitions DL option in lgup to flash the "patched"boot.img to the phone...
if that works you'll have root by magisk...

If this helped you feel free to hit thanks and come back to post the results plz.
Thanks

My bootloader is already unlocked I've just not been able to flash anything with fastboot. So I have LGup, is there a difference with the dev patched one? I also have magisk on my phone, but it really doesn't give me any options besides to install a new version. I'm gonna go try your suggestion soon though...it sounds promising...and may open up other options if this doesn't succeed. Thanks I'll keep you posted.
7th April 2019, 04:03 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless459

My bootloader is already unlocked I've just not been able to flash anything with fastboot. So I have LGup, is there a difference with the dev patched one? I also have magisk on my phone, but it really doesn't give me any options besides to install a new version. I'm gonna go try your suggestion soon though...it sounds promising...and may open up other options if this doesn't succeed. Thanks I'll keep you posted.

PLease let us know how it go's...
I'm trying to port and compile Multi-rom for LG-aristo Lg-m210 at the moment...

Quote:

So I have LGup, is there a difference with the dev patched one?

in answer to that YES quite a difference...
devpatched lgup gives you extra options such as Dump and Partitions-DL and Chiperase among others...
you'll NEED that dump and partitions-DL option....
7th April 2019, 07:58 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LgPWN'd

PLease let us know how it go's...
I'm trying to port and compile Multi-rom for LG-aristo Lg-m210 at the moment...ll

So I can't get passed the dump. I keep getting a timed out error. I even tried to format the user data using fastboot and it failed. And I am curious about the boot_COM. I didn't see any file in the partition list matching that. I did see the boot partition and many others that I didn't recognize. So kinda feeling that we are back to 1️⃣
8th April 2019, 01:12 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless459

So I can't get passed the dump. I keep getting a timed out error. I even tried to format the user data using fastboot and it failed. And I am curious about the boot_COM. I didn't see any file in the partition list matching that. I did see the boot partition and many others that I didn't recognize. So kinda feeling that we are back to

No the file wont say that in lgup, it'll be named that after you create a new folder on desktop call it "Dump" then use the dev-patched lgup and Dump option, select the folder Dump on the desktop and select the little checkbox for all on partitions list and click start...

also you may be haveing issues because of the .dll your useing... will lgup flash a stock .kdz to the device?
if yes, I'd think the dump option would work fine...

for firmware look here : https://www.mylgphones.com/metropcs-...-firmware.html

for direct download use this link
Code:
http://pkg02.lime.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW88KEQ4C2VSAF0C3D54FH4/X220MA10e_00_MPCS_US_OP_0123.kdz
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)