LG Stylo 2 Plus Q&A

Search This thread

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
Figured I would start a new thread so we don't clog up the recovery thread. I will start new threads depending on the question or comments and how important they are to our device . I hope others will do the same so maybe we get enough post to maybe get a sub forum and hopefully get some developement going

Here's the tread on how to flash twrp
http://xdaforums.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-v3-lg-stylo-2-plus-t3482169/page28

Guide to restore your phone in case of a soft or hard brick
http://xdaforums.com/android/development/lg-stylo-2-plus-soft-brick-hard-brick-t3489031/page2

Last edited:

supertwin33

Mar 31, 2013
Has any got what version of xposed is working as well as working modules?

Sent from my LGMS550 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: imxdot

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
I used version 86 sdk23 arm works perfectly.
These work good so far for me except some stuff in g4 tweaksbox doesn't work but some does . just be careful if you bootloop might be hard to get everything back

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-02-12-32-09.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-02-12-32-09.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 888

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
Reactions: NMR2D2156

coolbeans2016

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta
unlucky in.................

Figured I would start a new thread so we don't clog up the recovery thread. I will start new threads depending on the question or comments and how important they are to our device . I hope others will do the same so maybe we get enough post to maybe get a sub forum and hopefully get some developement going

http://xdaforums.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-v3-lg-stylo-2-plus-t3482169/page28

http://xdaforums.com/android/development/lg-stylo-2-plus-soft-brick-hard-brick-t3489031/page2

I was lucky enough to find the BOOST LG Stylo II on sale for $119 at BestBuy yesterday. Unluckily though, its the LGLS775ABB Z4...... Has marshmellow 6.0.1 and there is an update waiting to install right out of the box........ just messing around the forums trying to see if there is any reprieve to being stuck without root and enough bloatware to sink a ship...............
How do I at least restore expandable storage in this pos?
zach

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
I was lucky enough to find the BOOST LG Stylo II on sale for $119 at BestBuy yesterday. Unluckily though, its the LGLS775ABB Z4...... Has marshmellow 6.0.1 and there is an update waiting to install right out of the box........ just messing around the forums trying to see if there is any reprieve to being stuck without root and enough bloatware to sink a ship...............
How do I at least restore expandable storage in this pos?
zach
http://xdaforums.com/lg-g-stylo/how-to/6-0-lg-g-stylo-boost-sprint-virgin-t3309709/page9
Is this what your looking for?

notnola

Jan 16, 2016
New Orleans
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Is there any word of CyanogenMod or any other coustom ROMs for this device yet? Just picked up the LSMG550 this evening. Rooted using the guide in OP (also linked at the bottom of my post)

My question is this; Are there any coustom ROMs, or a bloated stock ROM for the LGMS550 (Metro PCS variant LG G Stylo 2 Plus)? I could not find any in my searches, but that is to say I didn't over look them.

Root guide
http://xdaforums.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-v3-lg-stylo-2-plus-t3482169

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
Is there any word of CyanogenMod or any other coustom ROMs for this device yet? Just picked up the LSMG550 this evening. Rooted using the guide in OP (also linked at the bottom of my post)

My question is this; Are there any coustom ROMs, or a bloated stock ROM for the LGMS550 (Metro PCS variant LG G Stylo 2 Plus)? I could not find any in my searches, but that is to say I didn't over look them.

Root guide
http://xdaforums.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-v3-lg-stylo-2-plus-t3482169
We have no developers I don't think , we out sourced to get recovery and root. . But it's cool because we have root and Xposed I'm pretty happy

NMR2D2156

Aug 29, 2015
So I have been using my phone rooted with boot loader unlocked... If I re-lock the bootloader does that remove root from the system??.. Sorry, a bit of a noob on this. Secondly, if locking back up the boot loader does not harm root is there a reason one should do so?

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
So I have been using my phone rooted with boot loader unlocked... If I re-lock the bootloader does that remove root from the system??.. Sorry, a bit of a noob on this. Secondly, if locking back up the boot loader does not harm root is there a reason one should do so?
I don't think you can run root with bootloader locked,i could be wrong. But if you lock it your phone will probably reset itself to factory so I would think root would be gone. Also don't think the twrp will work with it locked

NMR2D2156

Aug 29, 2015
OK. I wasn't sure. This is first phone I had to Unlock the bootloader to gain root. My previous devices I used king root.. So this whole process of rooting the LG stylo 2 has been a learning experience. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: hippiesky

cospalet

Jul 9, 2015
houma
How do I install V4A if I can't swipe to allow modifications. I don't want to brick or bootloop.

Nvm figured it out sorry for being a noob

Last edited:

pvsgh

Nov 16, 2011
Few tested Xposed module which works on stock ROM:
1) App Setting ( change DPI to 270 safely, anything below that will give you continuous phone app crash), you might have to change the LG system level apps(Phone, contacts, music,camera) DPI to 320 for them to work.
2) GravityBox MM (many options work) including the circle battery, clock,date, data speed indicator

NMR2D2156

Aug 29, 2015
1) App Setting ( change DPI to 270 safely, anything below that will give you continuous phone app crash), you might have to change the LG system level apps(Phone, contacts, music,camera) DPI to 320 for them to work.
2) GravityBox MM (many options work) including the circle battery, clock,date, data speed indicator

And here are a few I have working on my phone:

1) ChromePie
2) MimMinGuard
3) Statusbar Download Progress
4) BootManager

;)

Reactions: rfoster2009

DJRay2015

Dec 9, 2015
Screen Overlay Detected when using Stylus

Does anyone know how to get rid of this annoying message when using the stylus? I have to put the stylus back in the phone to get rid of it.

Thanks !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Possible CM 13/14

I've decided to take it upon myself to create an official root and custom recovery guide for this phone as well as its own thread. Eventually, in the distant months (after adb support comes out on Chromebooks), I will work on porting CM 13/14 to this phone. I personally love it and am depressed there isn't more interest in developing on it. I have TWRP, Xposed, and Root. I also have installed a blank CM 13 that has absolutely nothing working. In the coming months I will finish porting CM, but I want to know if people are still interested. It could take a long time because I'm in school, but if I get help researching, I might can finish quicker. I have built 3 arc installs and ported cm 10 on an old GZ'one back in the day, so I know how, but I'm definitely going to need some help if we want to finish this before the end of 2017.
    This post is to make some points related to the cm development more clear :
    -I never had the stylo 2 plus before 5 days ago and therfore i had 0 interest to work on any roms for it.
    -I got a stylo 2 plus from my friend @Nu Guy as a gift, it's when i started to think about helping Rmontoya83 & Nu Guy with the development.
    -i created a hangouts group to help @Nu Guy & @Rmontoya83 getting a working cm port , i was helping through team viewer.
    - Rmontoya83 told me that his pc is 24 hours online, I asked him to set a universal password so that i can log any time to his pc (as there are 8 hours time difference between our countries) he said that i can only access it when he is up.
    I decided to stop helping him based on the following 2 reasons :
    1) he lied at the beginning saying that he was able to compile a working port of cm for the stylo 2 plus and that his pc got wiped... etc false excuses and i found that he have 0 development knowledge after working with him.
    2) i didn't like his behaviour for collecting donations for a port that never exist in reality.
    It's why i didn't like continue helping with this as i didn't see him a trustworthy man and i was doing most of the work myself , that's the whole story.