FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG Stylo 4 root?

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By hidronico, Junior Member on 15th July 2018, 06:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So the LG Stylo 4 is a beautiful budget smartphone and i cant find any information on it here at xda so i figured i would start a thread for people to go to and discuss getting root on this device. Anyone with any experience or if anyone thinks the root process for another lg phone might work with this phone and is willing to test out and report back let us all know.
The Following User Says Thank You to hidronico For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hidronico Ad-Free

15th July 2018, 08:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I am afraid we are out of luck this time...see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by messi2050

Unfortunately stylo 4 requires unlock.bin from lg to unlock the bootloader to be able to flash twrp in order to flash [magisk or super su] and root the device [those information are according to 2 of the real device owners as i don't have one] this is similar to what exist on some lg v20 and g6 [carrier models] and from my experience lg won't allow bootloader to be unlocked similar to what they did on the models i mentioned, this mean that it will be very difficult if not impossible at all to root the stylo 4 and it will end like the still non-rootable stylo 3 ls777 from boost mobile.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=864
16th July 2018, 12:36 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I am getting one from T mobile. Wonder if it is bootloader locked....previously T mobile LG phones are not locked.....
16th July 2018, 02:02 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie24902005

I am getting one from T mobile. Wonder if it is bootloader locked....previously T mobile LG phones are not locked.....

I got one from MetroPCS, LMQ710MS,
it's locked, have to request a code from LG to unlock,
unfortunately, this device is not supported by LG to get a unlock code...
16th July 2018, 02:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie24902005

Unfortunately, All models of the stylo 4 in the U.S are bootloader locked and un rootable.
First tme in the stylo series history I wanted to return my stylo 4.
I elected to get the K20 Plus..
Great devs working on the K20 plus.
Im loving the Resurrection Remix Custom Rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to jhjhjhjhjhjh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jhjhjhjhjhjh Ad-Free
19th July 2018, 12:25 AM |#6  
Flag Ravenna
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Why not there is devopler options enable oem unlock have you tried unlocking bootloader via adb commands
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmack44240 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrmack44240 Ad-Free
27th July 2018, 07:08 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have a unlocked metropcs version of the stylo 4 will this phone work on verizon. as it does have bands 2-4-13 which is what verizon uses.
The Following User Says Thank You to stark21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stark21 Ad-Free
30th July 2018, 09:24 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
LG Stylo 4 Xfinity Mobile....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark21

I have a unlocked metropcs version of the stylo 4 will this phone work on verizon. as it does have bands 2-4-13 which is what verizon uses.

Just got this phone from Xfinity. I have "OEM Unlocking" enabled??? Is this a dummy OEM?
Haven't tried anything yet.
30th July 2018, 11:37 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Root x Recovery
Stylo 4

There is article that a quick Google search will turn up that claims to have step by step instructions including unlocking the bootloader of the Stylo 4 which is supposedly done with a .bin file emailed by LG after submitting IMEI number of the phone. But have yet to see any confirmations of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spacebaby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spacebaby Ad-Free
2nd August 2018, 11:48 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Any solution yet to unlock it?, mine is lg-stylo 4 metro pcs
The Following User Says Thank You to successnbd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift successnbd Ad-Free
4th August 2018, 10:30 PM |#11  
Flag Phoenix, Az
Thanks Meter: 745

More
Have any if you guys tried kingroot? I'm thinking of upgrading my stylo2 plus but I'm not going to if root hasn't been acquired. I used Kingroot about 7 times and got root on the first day of getting my Stylo2. Maybe it'll work on the 4?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)