When I reboot into bootloader I get a screen with

quick guidance
1. read device id
fastboot oem device-id
2.write unlock key
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
3.check bootloader is unlocked
fastboot getvar unlocked

So it looks possible with the right unlock.bin file.

yea but there is currently no way to get it, there are few devices only that support unlocking bootloader using that way at lg website :

Quote:

• LG G7: LMG710EM for the European market

• LG V30: H930 and H930G for the European market

• LG G6: US997.USA for the U.S. open market

• LG G6: H870 for the European market

• LG V20: US996.USA for the U.S. open market

• LG V10: H960A for the European market and Android M (Except France)

• LG G5 SE: H840 for the European market

• LG G5: RS988.USA for the U.S. open market

• LG G5: H850 for the European market

• LG G4: H815 for the European market

21st October 2018, 07:41 AM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Has anyone written to LG asking for a code to unlock the bootloader? I don't see why they would allow only select devices and not others.
22nd October 2018, 06:58 PM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by messi2050

yea but there is currently no way to get it, there are few devices only that support unlocking bootloader using that way at lg website :

Those were all flagship devices at one time, with the most development. Maybe with enough requests they will release it.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech15

Has anyone written to LG asking for a code to unlock the bootloader? I don't see why they would allow only select devices and not others.

That sounds like a good place yo start.
The Following User Says Thank You to estherhaus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift estherhaus Ad-Free
30th October 2018, 06:55 AM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I'm not even able to send LG an email. I wrote out a very professional email stating we kindly request that they provide us an unlock key for the bootloader. It won't send. I'm not going to give up on this though. I don't know if an error on their end or what. I tried from my phone and pc. Nothing. Anyway I am on here asking anyone on here to write or call in to LG. I believe the more voices they hear the better our chances of having our bootloader unlocked. I want this to happen.
30th October 2018, 10:42 PM |#135  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech15

I'm not even able to send LG an email. I wrote out a very professional email stating we kindly request that they provide us an unlock key for the bootloader. It won't send. I'm not going to give up on this though. I don't know if an error on their end or what. I tried from my phone and pc. Nothing. Anyway I am on here asking anyone on here to write or call in to LG. I believe the more voices they hear the better our chances of having our bootloader unlocked. I want this to happen.

I'll def send them an email or call them. You probably sent an email from their homepage. Maybe they have an email we can send manually?

On a side note I came across a website that claims to root the phone. I dont know if its legit or not. But if anyone has any opinions on it, heres the link and let me know:
https://www.techdroidtips.com/root-lg-stylo-4/

Lastly, does anyone know if theres an asian variant to the phone that is rootable?
31st October 2018, 04:30 PM |#136  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I signed up on some LG site and contacted them and they said they have no plans to even make it unlock able
31st October 2018, 05:26 PM |#137  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster38122

I signed up on some LG site and contacted them and they said they have no plans to even make it unlock able

That is supposed to be illegal.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
4th November 2018, 06:16 PM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Why can't you just unlock or jail break it first. If you take it another carrier they can do it.
4th November 2018, 07:50 PM |#139  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfed

Why can't you just unlock or jail break it first. If you take it another carrier they can do it.

Because the manufacturer (LG) provides the code to unlock the bootloader, not the same as carrier/sim-lock. Btw you 'jailbreak' an iPhone or Apple device. Android devices are bootloader unlocked and/or rooted.
4th November 2018, 08:03 PM |#140  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
from what LG told me they have no plans for the stylo 4 to have the bootloader unlocked or any development done on it
it's not in the drop down list on the LG dev website to run the bootloader unlocker
guess it's time for me to pick out a new phone and this time I'll pick one that's already rooted
6th November 2018, 08:03 AM |#141  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 690

More
Request for images
Has anyone pulled the partition images for this phone ?
The images can be pulled using LGUP developer mode, DUMP option.
I have instructions here on how to install LGUP Dual mode:
Install LGUP Dual Mode(Dev/User) on your Windows PC
Once you install it, connect your phone to PC, launch LGUP (dev mode), select the DUMP option, then click OK.
It will ask you to select the folder to save images to.
Select a folder.
It will then list the partitions on the device.
Select as many as you like and click OK.
It will pull a binary image for any partition.
I would like to see these for the Stylo 4.
I am pretty familiar with LG phones, partitions, etc.
I will see if I can find something.
If I can, I will be the first in line to buy a Stylo 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)